Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my day... Of course I feel some pain and mostly gas. Not too too terrible. Should I expect it to get worse before it gets better? Or might this be the worst day? I know everyone is different but just wondered what y'all might have experienced.

Congrats! I am one day post op and feel pretty rough, like someone punched me in the stomache pretty hard. I like you will hope you hope we both feel better soon. We have to hang in there.

i am three days out and the most pain i am getting is in my shoulder feels like gas pain but really worst. at first had really no pain then rthis morning drank cold Water and that was it pain

You will feel better in a few days.. move as much as possible.. walk around the house.. use a heating pad on your shoulder it helps.. make sure you keep your bowels moving.. milk of mag or Miralax etc. take your pain meds .. sip your liquids all day.. stay hydrated.. I started feeling better and more normal in about 5 days.. remember to follow all of your Dr;s instructions...it will pay off in the end..

Thank y'all! I do feel better when I walk just finally took pain meds! Sometimes feeling bout of breath just from talking idk what that's about..

I know when I had mine I felt like I got run over by a mack truck. I don't know why, I usually do surgeries ok. I had buyers remorse for 2 days. Now I'm just glad its over. You guys will do great. As for the gas/shoulder pains gas x strips work great for that. That and walking.

I think days 4-5 were the worst for me pain wise. Be careful with pressure on your major port incision. Also, I found rotating my arm in big circles helped with the gas pain. It will get worse before it gets better, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Also, really take it easy with everything: everyday chores, lifting things, chasing children, etc. I just pulled a couple of my stitches on my port yesterday and I am almost 5 weeks post surgery. It hurts like just after surgery....so PLEASE be careful!

Congrats on your banding! Time for a whole new roller coaster ride (the best one you'll ever be on)!

Just walk and walk - days 3 and 4 were so bad for me, then somehow it got dramatically different from day 5 on. I started feeling a little better every day. The pain in your upper left shoulder sucks! Warm fluids also helped me (like warm broth and hot tea). Also I know it hurts to breathe deep, but breathe deep a few times an hour and that helped me too. Take care - it's going to be ok & it will pass;)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Have another question i guess here is good as anyplace to ask it. how come i have no desire to eat, i have not really nothing solid since Sept 26 when i started my ten day liquid diet . i had a few Protein Shakes after surgery but still not hungry. should i eat something or wait?

It took me a week before I really had a desire to try mushy food. Try easing into it with little nibbles of things. As bad as it sounds, chicken Vienna sausage was easy to chew or smash up.

I have to ask...did anyone else gets hiccups and want to cry?

Oh no hiccups for me thank goodness!!

hiccups, now that is the sign that I am full. I hear that from alot of folks. As for eating, are you alrady on solid foods. I was liquids for 2 weeks. Your lack of hunger is likely cuz of your swelling, gives you a false sense of what people here call restriction. It'll take probably several weeks before your band settles in and all of the swelling is gone and you'll know how much restriction you actually have. Probably not alot until you start getting fills. Stay hydrated and try to get your Proteins. At least thats what I think.