Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting pissed

I had surgery on the 16th. My bf still insists on eating whole pizzas, half box of fish sticks etc. Infact I'm sitting here with chicken broth while he eats a whole pizza. I'm getting really mad.

Edited by Alex Brecher

All you can do is remove yourself from his sight. Go in another room or outside for some fresh air while he eats his food.

He is not on any restrictions nor did he have WLS. You can't deny him the foods that you are advised not to touch.

And yes, he should be more sympathetic but that would mean he is not allowed any no-no to you foods ever? Should he eat somewhere else other than home?

Both of you have to find a way to make it work to where you are not angry about his culinary choices and he is not denied having them while you are around.

I had surgery on the 16th. My bf still insists on eating whole pizzas' date=' half box of fish sticks etc. Infact I'm sitting here with chicken broth while he eats a whole pizza. I'm getting really mad.[/quote']

Is this upsetting you because you want what he's having and can't have it, or because you see that he's damaging his health?

I have been in both positions, but lucky to have family who have been very considerate of me. I have begun to notice others' eating habits more and now I hate seeing my family stuff themselves because I don't want any of them to get to where I did. It's a tough row to hoe, but you will eventually get through it. You won't feel the way you're feeling forever :)

Honestly. You gotta get used to the situation. You will be eating fractions leaa than you have been forever. And everyone around you will be eating what looks like gigantic servings. Focus. On what you are eating not what he is.

I concur, getting use to this is your best tactics... I cook normal meals for my hubs and two children, so I understand the frustration, but there is no point in getting worked up about it. He needs to eat and you cannot have it now... I guess it is similar to drug addict being in the company of active users. Hang in there.

I had surgery on the 16th. My bf still insists on eating whole pizzas, half box of fish sticks etc. Infact I'm sitting here with chicken broth while he eats a whole pizza. I'm getting really mad.

Hey Amanda it's hard to be around others who are eating but you have to come to grips with seeing people eating foods that you can't or it's going to drive you crazy! The day before my surgery my family.and I went out to eat after church Mexican food. I had beef Soup, which I had to pick out the good stuff, my family are everything that was good torts, quesodillas, rice and Beans etc. I dealt with it and it was hard, because I was the one having surgery not them. Then later on that day we went to a babyshower where there were lots of good things people eating a smorgasbord and I was sipping on my nasty Ice tea tuck but I knew that I couldn't eat after a.while I was fine so try not to be mad at your boyfriend because he didn't make this life change you did. P.S. I cooked for my family and I couldn't eat a luck of it last night they were grubbing and all I could have was some miso soup lol.

I had surgery on the 16th. My bf still insists on eating whole pizzas' date=' half box of fish sticks etc. Infact I'm sitting here with chicken broth while he eats a whole pizza. I'm getting really mad.[/quote']

I gradually became more accepting of other people's food choices over the past six months. It was hardest when I was on liquids and purees. Now it doesn't bother me so much. I just look on in wonder at how people can eat so much.

I gradually became more accepting of other people's food choices over the past six months. It was hardest when I was on liquids and purees. Now it doesn't bother me so much. I just look on in wonder at how people can eat so much.

Other people are going to eat as they always have. You are the one who has changed so you are the one who needs to find a way to deal with your feelings. It may be that you'll need to avoid being in the room w/people who are eating until you can tolerate it. Or maybe being a part of the socialization during a meal will help you get over it. Try not to be angry with people for eating normally.

I take my meals as I need them. Sometimes they coincide with my husband's meal and sometimes not. It doesn't bother me to prepare food for him or see him eat it. I go out to eat with family and coworkers, or order takeout, or eat on the run (although eating on the run is 'planned' - it's always Wendy's chili or Dunkin Donuts egg white wrap). I know what things I can safely eat and order them. I carry a lunch bag everywhere I go so I have acceptable 'safe' things to eat.

In time you will feel better about what you are able to eat. Other people's food choices won't bother you, especially as you begin to see the results. :-)

Other people are going to eat as they always have. You are the one who has changed so you are the one who needs to find a way to deal with your feelings. It may be that you'll need to avoid being in the room w/people who are eating until you can tolerate it. Or maybe being a part of the socialization during a meal will help you get over it. Try not to be angry with people for eating normally.

I take my meals as I need them. Sometimes they coincide with my husband's meal and sometimes not. It doesn't bother me to prepare food for him or see him eat it. I go out to eat with family and coworkers, or order takeout, or eat on the run (although eating on the run is 'planned' - it's always Wendy's chili or Dunkin Donuts egg white wrap). I know what things I can safely eat and order them. I carry a lunch bag everywhere I go so I have acceptable 'safe' things to eat.

In time you will feel better about what you are able to eat. Other people's food choices won't bother you, especially as you begin to see the results. :-)

My husband refuses to eat healthy. So, i feed myself and he feeds himself. And he tries to stay out of my sight when he eats because he feels guilty. But for the most part it doesn't bother me. pizza was the only thing that bothered me because the aroma was really good. But other than that it hasn't been too bad.

Sashalk, my company ordered pizza for us on Friday in honor of the World Series. I ate the cheese and toppings off one slice - craving satisfied. :-)

My husband refuses to eat healthy. So' date=' i feed myself and he feeds himself. And he tries to stay out of my sight when he eats because he feels guilty. But for the most part it doesn't bother me. pizza was the only thing that bothered me because the aroma was really good. But other than that it hasn't been too bad.[/quote']

Same thing for me but hubby wanted pizza Thursday night. I went to work the next day and bragged that I had pizza. They told me I didn't eating the toppings only did not count. I was satisfied with the toppings and did not dump. I gave the leftover pizza to hubby for lunch. By the way, we would order an extra large pizza, this time was a medium.

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 269 RYN 238, this week 203

I am sorry but it sounds like your husband is a dick. I am not saying the man has to change his life forever but he could turn it down a few notches while you recover. I have no idea what your husbands weight or health is like but by the way you describe his eating habits I think this is an indicates of problems to come for you. You have embarked on a life changing journey that will hopefully lead you to a more active and happy life... If your husband does not want to at the very least support you in your new journey you will soon be on two very different paths. He may begin to become resentful because he feels left behind and/or you may also become resentful because you feel you are trying and he is not... Unfortunately divorce is very common in the years after gastric bypass. I feel very lucky that my husband although he is a heavy guy he has embraced my new healthier lifestyle and we have become even closer due to some health issues that have came up in the 21 months since I had my surgery. Maybe this will be a wake up call and you guys can start fresh from here and become a united team!