Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birth Control suggestions?

I've used the pill since I was 16. That'd be 15 years. I ran out right before surg (July30) and haven't gone back to the OB yet. But I'd like to be on something! I'm wondering what other types of BC y'all like and that work well, but are not pills? ? Any suggestions? And if so, why and do you gain weight?

Love my nuvaring!!!! I mean LOVE!!!!! Wish I'd gone to it years ago!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199

Love my nuvaring!!!! I mean LOVE!!!!! Wish I'd gone to it years ago!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199[/quote']

Is that inserted? How often?

It's a ring you insert vaginally, leave in place x 3 weeks then remove x1 week....however, my gym let me in on the secret of keeping it in for 4 weeks then switching to the new one. I've had 1 period in 6 months!

It's a ring you insert vaginally' date=' leave in place x 3 weeks then remove x1 week....however, my gym let me in on the secret of keeping it in for 4 weeks then switching to the new one. I've had 1 period in 6 months!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199[/quote']

Does it not want to push out or fall out when using the bathroom? And no period like that, do you not worry about being pregnant every month that it doesn't show? I'm just nervous about something new :)

I have had bad periods all my life along with ovarian cysts. My obgyn told me years ago that BC companies only have the week of pills for your period because women feel like if they do not have a period they might be pregnant. However the truth is you do not need to have a period. I was on continuous BC and did not have a period for years. The Nuva ring was by far the easiest of all the BC. You put it in a forget about it. It does not come out and my husband said he did not feel it during sex.

You do need to get on some BC as rny patients tend to be very fertile after the surgery. As our fat cells release hormones our reproductive system goes into overdrive.

I have had bad periods all my life along with ovarian cysts. My obgyn told me years ago that BC companies only have the week of pills for your period because women feel like if they do not have a period they might be pregnant. However the truth is you do not need to have a period. I was on continuous BC and did not have a period for years. The Nuva ring was by far the easiest of all the BC. You put it in a forget about it. It does not come out and my husband said he did not feel it during sex.

You do need to get on some BC as rny patients tend to be very fertile after the surgery. As our fat cells release hormones our reproductive system goes into overdrive.

Well, I'm not with anybody right now so I have time but I'd like to be back on something. Is this Nuvaring something you change yourself or do you have to go to the OB once a month to get it changed?

You change it yourself, takes 3 seconds. I have not had issue with it falling out, I can't feel it when it's in.

You change it yourself' date=' takes 3 seconds. I have not had issue with it falling out, I can't feel it when it's in.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199[/quote']

Thanks. I'll def have to check on that one then! How do you know if its in right?

If it doesn't fall out then it's in right. Really not may ways to do it wrong.

I use Nuva Ring as well and I absolutely love it. Had some spotting the first month but that was it. I do get a period monthly but I'm going to try the suggestion of leaving it in for 4 weeks! No issues with it coming out other than one time it came out along with a tampon. Other than that it stays put and I don't even feel it. My boyfriend says he doesn't feel it during sex either.

Dorm forget your bc! I'm living proof after years of infertility one little oops and all of a sudden here comes baby! I'm 6weeks now. Super important if not ready. Apparently I had a lost my mind moment..but all is ok..I'm happy..just wasn't expecting this just yet..just one oops is all it takes!

I have the Nexplanon implant inserted into my upper arm. I recommend it to anyone who asks. It lasts for 3 years and is a very easy procedure. I don't have any side effects from it and don't have to worry about taking anything daily, weekly or monthly

I have the Nexplanon implant inserted into my upper arm. I recommend it to anyone who asks. It lasts for 3 years and is a very easy procedure. I don't have any side effects from it and don't have to worry about taking anything daily' date=' weekly or monthly[/quote']

Its an implant? Wonder how that works! 3 yrs would be awesome. Do you have a normal period?