Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November surgeries?

I forgot to mention that I did experience the coolest thing today: Before surgery, I would take 50mg Imitrex as needed for Migraine. Well, they are too big now. My surgeon surprised me and had already ordered 25's instead that are way smaller. With the 50's, it normally takes about an hour to work. Within 5 minutes of taking the 25's, my migraine was GONE. I couldn't believe it. Looks like smaller stomach equals better absorption in this case. I call that a win!

I forgot to mention that I did experience the coolest thing today: Before surgery, I would take 50mg Imitrex as needed for Migraine. Well, they are too big now. My surgeon surprised me and had already ordered 25's instead that are way smaller. With the 50's, it normally takes about an hour to work. Within 5 minutes of taking the 25's, my migraine was GONE. I couldn't believe it. Looks like smaller stomach equals better absorption in this case. I call that a win!

That's great!! One of the main reasons, besides the obvious, that I am having this surgery is it's success rate at decreasing the frequencies of Migraines. For the past year and a half I have had a migraine anywhere from 5 to 7 times a week!! UGH. Here I am, 12 hours from surgery and had to take an imitrex injection about 2 hours ago! Maybe I can start taking the pills again after the surgery!! :)

So...I'm less than 2 days away from my surgery date and I'm just now feeling the beginning of nerves. I have total faith that all will work out well but I'm starting to get nervous about the what ifs. What if I can't handle the pain? What if I can't drink enough? What if I can't lose weight even after surgery? What IF?!?

Somebody please tell that little negative witch in my head to shut up!!!

i had all those what ifs as well. they go away as nerves turn into excitement for your new life. the scariest "What If" i had was What if i dont have surgery? is that life what i want for my kids? that one question and answer put all the other what ifs into perspective for me. i hope you do well in surgery :)

Feeling it today!!! I'm at a Stage 2 already which is good but my stomach is SO sore. It aches, it burns, it's tight - it's a little of everything. Had some pretty bad trapped gas up by my shoulders. I am struggling to get my liquids in because I feel so full as it is! I'm just praying that I get to take a shower tomorrow and go home!!! I'd love the comfort of my own bed and to see my little girl!!

DId you get to go home today ? I'm hoping seeing your lil girl and being in your own bed and surroundings made you feel a lil bit better. My kids are home after not seeing them for 5 days. i swear they each grew 5 inches. what did those grandparents feed them?? life is slowly getting more normal. still sipping about 30oz of Water and focused on the Protein Shakes. im a hairdresser and i really dont want to lose any hair. still feel full 90% of the time and not craving anything- altho my smeller seems to have magnified. everything smells so much more. good and bad unfortunately lol

Oh man I totally hear you on the smells! I'm not hungry or have any desire to eat but today I went shopping and felt like I could suddenly smell all the restaurants around me, it was torture! I used to plan eating out into my day of shopping and now I plan my shopping/errands around my Protein Shakes while carrying my bottle of Water. Went to see Hunger games Friday night and the smell of popcorn was torture as I sipped my water :(

i had all those what ifs as well. they go away as nerves turn into excitement for your new life. the scariest "What If" i had was What if i dont have surgery? is that life what i want for my kids? that one question and answer put all the other what ifs into perspective for me. i hope you do well in surgery :)

Thanks for the kind words, they're very much appreciated. I guess for me one of the biggest reasons I'm having this is so that I may be able to have children. PCOS has ruined any chances of that happening thus far and I'm not ok with that. I deserve the chance to be a mother just like I deserve the chance to take control of my life and be healthy and happy. Thanks for the mental shake Moxy!! :)

I seriously can't believe my surgery is tomorrow. The nerves.... The excitement definitely outweighs the nerves.

Moxy - yes I got to go home. Still have some wicked shoulder pain. I can't really get comfy in my bed so I slept in our big recliner last night with the heating pad on my shoulder. Laying here, the only thing I can feel is my shoulders - no stomach. Go figure!!! I totally get the smell thing now. I came home last night and I kept asking my husband what that horrible garlic smell was (I remember seasoning my fish with garlic powder last Wednesday!!) He made a sandwich for dinner and I could smell the toast - which smelled horrible. I watched him eat a cheese stick and I wanted to gag!! We went to Rite-Aid last night to pick up my prescriptions from the dr and they had a huge cart of cakes and pies at the door. All I could taste and see, was fat. I saw a girl walk by outside with a pizza and I turned the other way. food is everywhere!! Today marks the first official day I'm on my own with Protein - gonna try an Isopure for Breakfast. Looking forward to some Soup broth for lunch maybe!! And nothing beats hot showers!!

Kremmel - I did hear that somewhere about Migraines. Like you, I suffer from chronic migraines. Imitrex always takes them away. I have cycles where one week I have 3 or 4 and then I'm okay for 2 weeks. I hope beyond hope that as I get healthier, the migraines will lessen!

Sunshyn - You must be so excited. As the day comes closer, you re-evaluate everything. After the surgery, I was in some pain and my mouth was horribly dry. I remember thinking "why the hell did I do this?" It's okay to have moments of doubt. Celebrate those successes so when the doubt creeps in, it won't take very long for it to go away!

BJ - You're in my thoughts, bud. You've made it through the 2 week diet (told you!!!) and you're ready to rock this surgery. Celebrate your last day before surgery by telling yourself why you won't ever go back to "that" place! I spent most of the day thinking, promising myself this was the last time I would feel guilty about being fat. Clear your head and get in the game!!! All my best wishes to you :)

I seriously can't believe my surgery is tomorrow. The nerves.... The excitement definitely outweighs the nerves.

BJ you ready?? Let's do it!!! I feel like dancing but I'm still at work so I gotta hold it in! Lol

BJ you ready?? Let's do it!!! I feel like dancing but I'm still at work so I gotta hold it in! Lol

I'm sooooo excited! I know I'm not gonna be able to sleep. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa. Lol

What time's your surgery?

And thanks Linds. You said the diet wouldn't be that bad. I can honestly say that it hasn't been that hard at all.

I'm so anxious to hear how you guys are feeling!! I know I was out at 11am and I pretty much slept all the way until 7 that night!!!

I'm so anxious to hear how you guys are feeling!! I know I was out at 11am and I pretty much slept all the way until 7 that night!!!

Well I made it!! I got to go home on full liquids but so far nothing at all is appealing. And food commercials turn my stomach. The gas is by far the worst part!! It's a real struggle to make myself sip because the tiniest little bit makes me feel overfilled and uncomfortable. I've had a few bouts of nausea and some spasms but thankfully no vomiting. After sleeping with heating pad on my back then making multiple laps in my house, I finally got rewarded with my first real fart and OMG it was amazing!! Lol. Sorry if TMI but I know those of u who have been tree totally get it. I've yet to need any pain meds, as the only discomfort is gas and moving around helps. At this point I'm just moving and sipping and hoping this unpleasant fullness goes away soon.

My stats: HW 299; START OF 2WK PREOP 286; SURGERY WT 272; FIRST POST-OP DAY 272

Anyway, thanks for the prayers and well wishes!!