Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Family is still suffering from complications of RNY

Someone mentioned mayo Clinic but i dont see it in this thread. There are at least three Mayo Clinics across the US' date=' i would go to them, they are the very best- i wouldnt waste any time going to anyone else. If it can be repaired, they will know.

I hope the damage can be repaired. So sorry this happened to him. And your family.

Why cant we all enjoy the quality of healthcare our congressmen and their families do?[/quote']

It was me who mentioned Mayo. There are three. One in Rochester Minnesota, one in Scottsdale Arizona and one in jacksonville Florida. I work for Mayo and can attest they are the best. They fix things others can't and take the most complicated tertiary care from around the world.

3 years seems like a short amount of time for a statue of limitations on a malpractice suit...

It's actually only 1 year in CA. We had no idea how bad it was going to be after only 1 year...

It sounds like he needs a full reversal! I have been extremely ill with ulcers that will not heal. I now have a PICC line and get TPN because I can not really eat or drink. The man who is saving my life is Dr. Erik Dutson and he is a surgeon for UCLA in Los Angeles. He sees many complicated cases and he really has a lot of compassion and understanding about how life shattering these complications can be. I need about 4 more weeks of TPN and then I will be strong enough to get my gastric bypass reversed.

I will say a prayer for your fiancée.

How many lawyers have you talked to? Laws vary from state to state, of course, but in general, the statute of limitations doesn't actually start running until the patient became aware of the negligence. Sounds to me like your husband (and you have suffered so you should also be a petitioner for compensation for your suffering) should be able to find a lawyer. You need one that specializes in medical malpractice, obviously, a very very very good one. Call some prestigious firms and ask for a consultation with their medical malpractice lawyers. A very good lawyer can at least try to work around the statute of limits, such as pointing out the original butchers deliberately prevented your husband from understanding the depth of his problems until they thought the statute of limitations had run -- doing that is itself negligent. Those docs have professional duty to tell patients what they need to know and if they held back info to run out the clock . .also, in any legal matter, the rule of equity applies. That means that if statutes prevent filing a lawsuit but an injustice would occur if the judge did not say 'equity', or fairness, requires that we determine that stat of limits did not start ticking until your husband consulted with -- with whichever surgeon finally told him how serious his issues were.

Thanks for alerting others. I am all convinced, after backing out two times in the past, to do the surgery but reading about your nightmare has me rethinking. Thanks.

Try contacting the District Attorney General. .sometimes they may have means of helping you by directing you through the proper channels on how to make the hospital or surgeon accountable. .also look into the surgeons history. .your hunny may not be the only victim...not sure if you have his medical files already but do get copies of eeverything. ..3 years seems like a short amount of time for a statue of limitations on a malpractice suit...all I can tell you is "fight..fight..fight"..don't take no for an answer...praying things work out for you. .

Wholeheartedly agree!

Someone mentioned mayo Clinic but i dont see it in this thread. There are at least three Mayo Clinics across the US, i would go to them, they are the very best- i wouldnt waste any time going to anyone else. If it can be repaired, they will know.

I hope the damage can be repaired. So sorry this happened to him. And your family.

Why cant we all enjoy the quality of healthcare our congressmen and their families do?

AMEN is it's good enough for congress it's good enough for the citizens.

Where are you located? It sounds like you are rural. Have you been to a BIG CITY Teaching/University Med School Hospital yet? I get that many doctors do not want to get involved because of malpractice fears, but from what you write your hubby is still having issues and on a pain patch...as in Fentanyl patch? ?? I have NEVER heard of a 'statute of limitations' from post surgery complications....and any good attorney would take an "elective surgery case" or every plastic surgery and or bariatric surgeon would be free to do any procedure without any fear. I am maybe just not understanding what you wrote but read it over x3. I hate your husband has had all these complications, but weightloss surgery is MAJOR surgery, always, and comes with many such risks.

I'm not sure where you are located but the bariatric center of Kansas City is a renowned facility and takes on many revision patients that no one else will touch and have been very successful.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not sure where you are located but the bariatric center of Kansas City is a renowned facility and takes on many revision patients that no one else will touch and have been very successful.

this thread is 2-3 years old. Just FYI.

If you had gastric bypass You Can Get It reversed? My sister's like you had so many problems she still gets blockages all the time now she is so frail there afraid operate on her. Had surgery 15 years ago and it's been nothing but awful for her. We're pretty sure it will be the death of her she is also a cancer survivor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App