Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I have to have you in my email contacts to add you. I'm under Melissa Warlick I think. :)

Email is - rmel3620@hotmail.com

Hi Mel,

I just sent you a friend request. I think I am Carol B. On Fit Bit. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Reading about what everyone is doing is so inspiring! I'm going to go out and buy me a bike. I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid but I'm so looking forwd to getting out there with my daughter and showing her how to live an active life! My plan is to take the bikes with us on vacation to South Padre Island in July and ride all over the island. We go every year and what a change it will be--I was 2 months post op last year when we went to the island. Can't wait to do all the things I never dreamed I could and take a boat load of pictures :) I'm so thankfully for this forum - other than my husband, it seems that nobdoby really wants to hear about how I'm down to a size 8 from a 22 and feeling faboulous. Thanks to all for you for sticking with this forum it's really been a great source of support !

Reading about what everyone is doing is so inspiring! I'm going to go out and buy me a bike. I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid but I'm so looking forwd to getting out there with my daughter and showing her how to live an active life! My plan is to take the bikes with us on vacation to South Padre Island in July and ride all over the island. We go every year and what a change it will be--I was 2 months post op last year when we went to the island. Can't wait to do all the things I never dreamed I could and take a boat load of pictures :) I'm so thankfully for this forum - other than my husband, it seems that nobdoby really wants to hear about how I'm down to a size 8 from a 22 and feeling faboulous. Thanks to all for you for sticking with this forum it's really been a great source of support !

I wanna go to South padre! Sigh I don't think I'll be back in texas this summer though. I haven't been on a bike in years. Wonder if I can still ride one? We live in hills so I'm afraid of that. ..

My recommendation is to purchase a good bike from a bike store. I never would have believed it unit made all the difference for me.

I just came back from a 19 mile ride! I am still amazed each day at how my life has changed.

Charger ordered... plus a new purple band :)

Charger ordered... plus a new purple band :)

Look me up when you are charged up. I am at Baconville@q.com.

Carol

Hi Monica,

I have a bike that has not been ridden in years. I can't wait to get it out this summer! Family bike ride to the YMCA, work out and then bike home. On the family 'to do' list!

Carol

Monica...Rediscovery of bikes is amazing!!!!! i was out early and its like im 10 again. baseball card in the spokes may be next. Im so psyched for you getting one. make sure you have it set up for your height and leg stroke. a bike shop will hook you up for free if you buy it from them otherwise its approx $15. let me know how things work out on the vacation. have a great night

Hi All - quick update - I picked up my number & tshirt for my first 5K. I'll be walking it as I simply hate running & have no desire to do that. The kicker about it is that my co-worker who was handing out the shirts just looked at me and said why did you order a large--you're gonna be swimming in it! He said he thinks he had an extra small I could swap mine out for. Why did I order a large? Think I still can't beleive what size I am. When I ordered it I remember thinking bigger is better than too small - but I need to get over that mentality. Just had a moment & thought I'd share :)

Hi All - quick update - I picked up my number & tshirt for my first 5K. I'll be walking it as I simply hate running & have no desire to do that. The kicker about it is that my co-worker who was handing out the shirts just looked at me and said why did you order a large--you're gonna be swimming in it! He said he thinks he had an extra small I could swap mine out for. Why did I order a large? Think I still can't beleive what size I am. When I ordered it I remember thinking bigger is better than too small - but I need to get over that mentality. Just had a moment & thought I'd share :)

I find myself doing the same thing. I can't seem to buy a 'small'. I guess I wore clothes too small for so long that I would rather have them a bit big than skin tight. Beyond that, in my head, I just don't see myself as a 'small' - medium maybe - large for sure, but not small! Something to work on! :)

It's funny, never thought I'd have difficulty buying clothes small enough. Kind of a fun issue☺️

Does anyone else get as excited as I do when I pull up this app and find someone has replied to our forum? I love you guys!!!! You have all had a part of my journey over the last year. I have an amazing husband, family and friends, but there are just things that you all understand that they don't!

Thank you for walking through this past year with me. Did I just say "year"? What???!!!! Next week will be my surgiversary. I am tearing up right now thinking of all that I have accomplished this past year. I can hardly wait to go see my surgeon. Never would have been excited about a dr visit before. Lol

Have a blessed day, my friends!

Tried a new app this morning on my Wog. It definitely helped me pick up my pace. It was featured on the Today show recently. It's called Rock My Run. I did 3.04 miles in 40 minutes. 7 minutes better than my last 5k. I hope I can do that tomorrow night in my next 5k... Catchin Fireflies. It's a glow run. Can't wait!

Does anyone else get as excited as I do when I pull up this app and find someone has replied to our forum? I love you guys!!!! You have all had a part of my journey over the last year. I have an amazing husband, family and friends, but there are just things that you all understand that they don't!

Thank you for walking through this past year with me. Did I just say "year"? What???!!!! Next week will be my surgiversary. I am tearing up right now thinking of all that I have accomplished this past year. I can hardly wait to go see my surgeon. Never would have been excited about a dr visit before. Lol

Have a blessed day, my friends!

Absolutely could not have said it better. I too have a wonderful, supportive husband and family, but I owe SO much to the people on this site for their understanding and support. A huge part of my success has been the motivation and support that I have received right here. It is really hard to believe how much my life has changed in a year! My Surgiversary does not come up until June 25th. I had still been losing steadily up to about two weeks ago, when I hit my first stall ever. I am going to keep working the program, but I think my body has decided that this is it. I am great with that! I am wearing a size 6 or 8 and feel fantastic. The only goal that I would not have met is a 'normal' BMI and I am within about 3 -5 pounds of that. NEVER would have imagined that I would get here when I started this journey. Thank you!

Carol

Does anyone else get as excited as I do when I pull up this app and find someone has replied to our forum? I love you guys!!!! You have all had a part of my journey over the last year. I have an amazing husband, family and friends, but there are just things that you all understand that they don't! Thank you for walking through this past year with me. Did I just say "year"? What???!!!! Next week will be my surgiversary. I am tearing up right now thinking of all that I have accomplished this past year. I can hardly wait to go see my surgeon. Never would have been excited about a dr visit before. Lol Have a blessed day, my friends!

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

I've shared joy and struggles with you all this year! It's made such a difference.