Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RJ,

That's a great question for all of us. I have been having a Lot of ups and downs. I do take medicine for that but nothing helps resentment. Before I had this surgery I was always resentful that I couldn't eat whatever I wanted. Why couldn't I be the girl who ate everything and looked great?! Now, I'm 3 months out, and I still feel that way. Guess I don't deal well with being told no. Time to go to the therapist again!!

RJ' date='

That's a great question for all of us. I have been having a Lot of ups and downs. I do take medicine for that but nothing helps resentment. Before I had this surgery I was always resentful that I couldn't eat whatever I wanted. Why couldn't I be the girl who ate everything and looked great?! Now, I'm 3 months out, and I still feel that way. Guess I don't deal well with being told no. Time to go to the therapist again!![/quote']

I have people issues. Rather, I have being around lots of people issues. When I feel the reactions getting big...usually anger at the drama...I just go to a quiet place and breathe. When I feel fat again after being around those with genes that give them the "figure" most desired, I look in the mirror and see the 40 since wls and the 45 lbs I lost from the year before and paraphrase an old movie. "LOOOOOKING GOOOOOD!" And I do. I'm getting healthy for me and who gives a rat's bum about them. Everyone has drama and I will keep mine instead of adopting more and possibly worse. Tyvm! ;o)

SD: 6/10/13 HW 305/SW 259/CW 219.6/GW 150 <br />Sent from my SCH-I605 using RNYTalk

Hi y'all' date='

i wanted to put this out there and see what comes back.

We all talk about nutrition, formely know as food! our numbers and our ever decreasing weight.

How are things on the mental/ behavioral side? ive started to notice major changes. example i bought a pair of pants and shorts the next size down not because the fit (yet!!!) but because the were on sale and i know I WILL fit into them shortly. this i find amazing prior to this, lets say last year if clothes did not fit i would get in a pissy mood go home and get a pizza or some crap like that and lament on how fat i am !!! waaa waaa poor fat me. not amy more this is soooooo much more than a surgery its like being released from an overweight prison.

does anyone else have any experiences of changes in how you process emotions now??

RJ[/quote']

I feel that my mentality is good, I've always had a high level of confidence, I never let my weight dictated my feelings, it was only when the weight started to affect my health, only then it started to toggle my mentality, I didn't like having all those sicknesses, it slowed me down, the sickness was aging me, and it messed with my mentally, that's why I had the surgery, it wasn't because I was the fat girl, because although I was fat, I was fabulous, but I did it to get rid of the sickness, so far so good, yes, the weight loss has added more to what I already had, and it feels good, I thank God for a stable mentality, because that's all it is psychic...I hope everyone reach their goals in every way, physically and mentally.

I was never really an emotional eater. I knew that I ate too much tho and knew that I made the wrong decisions with food choices. I typically ate very different when I was around other people as supposed to when I was by myself. When I was alone I'd pile a huge dinner plate full of food but if I was over at someone's house having dinner I would only take a small portion. And the funny thing was is that after that small portion I felt full. I felt like I was going to bust when I would eat alone. This has taught me to slow down and enjoy my food and that its not a contest of how much I can fit in my stomach at one time. However I do see myself getting back into old habits. Example I had meatballs last night and was full after 3 1/2 but I pushed myself to eat the other half of the meatball because I didn't want to waste. That's stinkin' thinkin'. I've also been taking larger bites and eating way too fast. Oh and my nemesis of not drinking and eating at the same time. I guess I'm a work in progress.

I feel that my mentality is good' date=' I've always had a high level of confidence, I never let my weight dictated my feelings, it was only when the weight started to affect my health, only then it started to toggle my mentality, I didn't like having all those sicknesses, it slowed me down, the sickness was aging me, and it messed with my mentally, that's why I had the surgery, it wasn't because I was the fat girl, because although I was fat, I was fabulous, but I did it to get rid of the sickness, so far so good, yes, the weight loss has added more to what I already had, and it feels good, I thank God for a stable mentality, because that's all it is psychic...I hope everyone reach their goals in every way, physically and mentally.[/quote']

For me the best part is that I can do the simple things I want to do like going to the mall or going someplace that is going to require a lot of walking and not suffer for two days with knee pain. The pain would make me crabby and ruin the day for me and sometimes those I was with. I still catch myself thinking I can't do something because my knees won't be able to take it, and have to remind myself that hey, now I can! I am Catholic, and for the first time in years I can kneel during Mass. And since I am not in so much pain, I think I am in a better mood and more fun to be around. It's not something you can measure or weigh, but the quality of my life has improved Greatly!

Wheres everyone at as far as weightloss goes? I feel really behind.....

Surgery date 6/11/13

Emergency surgery 6/13/13

HW: 336 DOS: 293 CW: 243

You're down 50lbs...that's awesome!!! Lift 50lbs at the gym...hold onto to it as long as you can then sit it down. Then you will realize what an amazing accomplishment you've made.

Preop weight 389 current weight 327 that's 62 lbs lost since RNY 6/11/13

For me the best part is that I can do the simple things I want to do like going to the mall or going someplace that is going to require a lot of walking and not suffer for two days with knee pain. The pain would make me crabby and ruin the day for me and sometimes those I was with. I still catch myself thinking I can't do something because my knees won't be able to take it' date=' and have to remind myself that hey, now I can! I am Catholic, and for the first time in years I can kneel during Mass. And since I am not in so much pain, I think I am in a better mood and more fun to be around. It's not something you can measure or weigh, but the quality of my life has improved Greatly![/quote']

I know what you mean, before surgery I was getting injections in my knee, my doc even mentioned knee surgery if the shots didn't work, I was diagnosed with some kind of arthritis is my left knee, I'm glad you are able to walk and kneel without the pain and discomfort.

I've got to be honest with myself, I've been at a stall for 15 days, I'll be 12 weeks post op come this Monday and I've only lost 45 lbs in total from pre op until now, I told my husband is time for me to kick it up on high gear, so today I will rejoin my health club and begin to workout at least 4 times a week, it's time to gdt drastic, I only have about 50 more lbs to go...I hope this work.

Thanks for all of the input. it seems we all are having some effects from the rny on a social,mental and behavioral issue side. from reading all of the responses we are dealing honestly with them and reconizing them for what they are. i just know we can all get to the mythical land of "goal weight" if we all help each other with the journey.

have a great day and tell someone close to you that you love them. sometimes we forget. the phrase " i love you" can make someones day!

peace out!

RJ

I've got to be honest with myself' date=' I've been at a stall for 15 days, I'll be 12 weeks post op come this Monday and I've only lost 45 lbs in total from pre op until now, I told my husband is time for me to kick it up on high gear, so today I will rejoin my health club and begin to workout at least 4 times a week, it's time to gdt drastic, I only have about 50 more lbs to go...I hope this work.[/quote']

Please think about dropping the "only" from your sentence. You have lost 45 pounds. Just think about that. Go to the store and pick up a 45 pound bag, and then it will seem like a lot more than it does when you look at the scale. I think you and I are on about the exact same track. I am 12 weeks out. I have lost 48 pounds from the beginning of this journey as well, and I have about 50 pounds left to lose.

I calculated it the other day and it averages out to about 4 pounds were week. I have only lost that much in a week a few times in my life and definitely not consistently.

Good for you on planning to exercise! I need to follow your example. I was doing Water aerobics for a couple of months , but I have missed the last two weeks due to traveling and sickness. I will get back in there!

Have a blessed day, girl! Remember, this weightless is a marathon not a sprint. :)

Thanks for all of the input. it seems we all are having some effects from the rny on a social' date='mental and behavioral issue side. from reading all of the responses we are dealing honestly with them and reconizing them for what they are. i just know we can all get to the mythical land of "goal weight" if we all help each other with the journey.

have a great day and tell someone close to you that you love them. sometimes we forget. the phrase " i love you" can make someones day!

peace out!

RJ[/quote']

Wow! You get up so early! Or stay up real late! Lol

I look forward each day to getting on this forum and seeing how everyone is doing. I have finally broken my two week stall and have lost at least a half pound everyday this week!

I believe I am changing each day throughout this journey. I have never been shy or timid, but I feel like my confidence is growing each day.

My newest part of this journey is that I have decided to begin selling Thirty-One products. I feel very confident about my decision. I don't believe I would feel this confident without the weight loss. I can only imagine how I will feel next June 4th on my surgiversary!

Thanks for your posts! They make me smile.

I have to brag for a moment. Hope y'all don't mind. But its just before 6am and I've already walked a mile including going up and down a very steep hill and 4 sets of stairs. This is such a huge accomplishment for me especially considering I have two young kids that also have to get up and ready for a school bus by 6:15! My new motto.. NO MORE EXCUSES. I remind myself that only I can control my health and achieve my goal to being fit and thin.

I have to brag for a moment. Hope y'all don't mind. But its just before 6am and I've already walked a mile including going up and down a very steep hill and 4 sets of stairs. This is such a huge accomplishment for me especially considering I have two young kids that also have to get up and ready for a school bus by 6:15! My new motto.. NO MORE EXCUSES. I remind myself that only I can control my health and achieve my goal to being fit and thin.

Awesomeness!

SD: 6/10/13 HW 305/SW 259/CW 219.6/GW 150 <br />Sent from my SCH-I605 using RNYTalk

For me the best part is that I can do the simple things I want to do like going to the mall or going someplace that is going to require a lot of walking and not suffer for two days with knee pain. The pain would make me crabby and ruin the day for me and sometimes those I was with. I still catch myself thinking I can't do something because my knees won't be able to take it' date=' and have to remind myself that hey, now I can! I am Catholic, and for the first time in years I can kneel during Mass. And since I am not in so much pain, I think I am in a better mood and more fun to be around. It's not something you can measure or weigh, but the quality of my life has improved Greatly![/quote']

Fellow catholic here! ;)

Wow! You get up so early! Or stay up real late! Lol

I look forward each day to getting on this forum and seeing how everyone is doing. I have finally broken my two week stall and have lost at least a half pound everyday this week!

I believe I am changing each day throughout this journey. I have never been shy or timid' date=' but I feel like my confidence is growing each day.

My newest part of this journey is that I have decided to begin selling Thirty-One products. I feel very confident about my decision. I don't believe I would feel this confident without the weight loss. I can only imagine how I will feel next June 4th on my surgiversary!

Thanks for your posts! They make me smile.[/quote']

Mel im up every day at 4am this started 3 weeks post op... not sure why i get approx 6 hours sleep feel great. congrats on your positive redults i know your going to make your goal your outlook and methods are excellent. your posts are the first ones i see. i thing you are an early riser also.

Have a great holiday!

RJ