Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you have surgery and how soon after did you eat lettuce? Salads are really one of the few things I really miss.

Preop weight 389 current weight 333 lost to date 56lbs rny 6/11/13

I had my surgery 6/5 and I started eating raw veggies last week. My nut said after 8 weeks I could start eating almost everything. Dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and stuff like that are still out if the question.

I had my surgery 6/5 and I started eating raw veggies last week. My nut said after 8 weeks I could start eating almost everything. Dried fruit' date=' nuts, seeds, and stuff like that are still out if the question.[/quote']

Thanks..just reading raw veggies made me want cucumbers. Yummmm

How much are y'all able to drink? I think I drink to much too fast. I can drink about 8oz in about 45 mins. I'm afraid I might be stretching my pouch...or is this normal?

Today marked 9 weeks out for me. Down 39 lbs but not even two pants sizes. Makes me wonder where I lost the weight from. It's like I'm failing at this too. Everyone else gets to break up with Lane Bryant and Avenue. I feel like I'm stuck forever.

Today marked 9 weeks out for me. Down 39 lbs but not even two pants sizes. Makes me wonder where I lost the weight from. It's like I'm failing at this too. Everyone else gets to break up with Lane Bryant and Avenue. I feel like I'm stuck forever.

I seriously have been thinking the same thing. I see the pictures people post here and think wow...but then i look at myself and think dang...when will I start to see a difference. I have some black scrubs in my closet that are no where close to fitting yet. It brings me down...bad. Thanks for your post...at least I don't feel so alone on this.

I'm in the same situation. Pre op I was in an 18 but I tried on a 16 the other day and they fit but they were TIGHT!! I'm down 38lbs. I have noticed that it depends on the brand. I have a couple of pants that I bought at target and they are a size 18 but I bought a pair of 16 at Macy's. And the size 18 Levi's I have are like 6 inches too big. Go figure. Everything will even out.

Me too friends! I know intellectually that the weight will come off but . . . Seems like I've been at the 38 lb loss mark forever. I can't fail at this, can I? (Yes I'm exercising and getting in at least 50g Protein daily).

I had my surgery on August 5' date=' 2013 and I and I'm experiencing really bad diharea like I'm talking laxatives :/ has anyone else experienced this?[/quote']

The first few weeks I had it off and on. My doc let me take some over the counter med to help. Call your docs office to see. After a few weeks off an on it worked it self out. Hope you feel better.

Almost 46 lbs gone! In 7 weeks I'm feeling better everyday. I love this place with you all. It is so helpful! Even with the up and down days we all have. I'm thankful today is a good day. Feeling blessed! :)

HW 345 SW 326 CW 280.4 GW 177

Almost 46 lbs gone! In 7 weeks I'm feeling better everyday. I love this place with you all. It is so helpful! Even with the up and down days we all have. I'm thankful today is a good day. Feeling blessed! :)

HW 345 SW 326 CW 280.4 GW 177

Amen to that!

At the Surgeons office this early AM visit. hoping to get cleared for full blown exercise and find out why salad is no longer my friend....i want some answers! :-) ..... have a grwat day everyone.

RJ

I had my surgery on August 5' date=' 2013 and I and I'm experiencing really bad diharea like I'm talking laxatives :/ has anyone else experienced this?[/quote']

Things will get better after you start on solids

I did. And not to be gross but it smelled like toxic waste. It went away a few weeks after though. My surgeon said it was fairly common.

How much are y'all able to drink? I think I drink to much too fast. I can drink about 8oz in about 45 mins. I'm afraid I might be stretching my pouch...or is this normal?

I think I can drink 8 oz in way less time. I. Don't think I am stretching anything bc my eating is still very limited at meal time.

Surgery: 6/5/2013