Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is Your March, 2013 Surgery Date? How Are You Doing?

Hi March, 2013 group. My surgery date was March 22nd at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. My excellent surgeon was Hazem N. Shamseddeen. My surgery went great, and I'm struggling with getting-down the daily Protein supplement powder and chewable calcium citrate requirements. I look forward to sharing ideas and encouragement with you all.

I'm not eating right, I'm struggling big-time. I know the Bariatric surgery is a tool and I will be on a restricted diet for the rest of my life, but I still have to deal with food addition. I see a TV commercial, picture, or think of foods I like and my mouth starts watering and I crave tasting that food. I've been at several family feast events, and after seeing/smelling the food, I begin a battle of trying to tweak my stomach pouch limitations so I can have some of that food. Until the end of May I am limited to 3 oz. pureed meals, and believe me that's all my pouch can hold. It makes me dump if I eat too much or if the food is fried (like chicken, or bacon). Even though I bought a blender, I insist that I can still eat regular food if I "puree" it by chewing it good with my teeth! I've never been into cooking; only went for fixing something quick, or getting something already prepared--instant gratification. Potato chips, Cookies, ice cream, and chocolate candy are things I've always snacked and ate as meals. They are the "trigger foods" that I can no longer have in my home! My Bariatric program provides counselors, dietitians, nurses, doctors--anything I need. Looks like I better make an appointment to see a counselor ASAP! .

Yes that would be a good idea it's to bad as lots if us say they change our tummys but you have to work even harder at your brain you can do this you just have to follow the food list your dr & nut gave you and don't try anything not allowed that could trigger old habits

RNY Evangelist, thank you for encouragement

I'm not eating right' date=' I'm struggling big-time. I know the Bariatric surgery is a tool and I will be on a restricted diet for the rest of my life, but I still have to deal with food addition. I see a TV commercial, picture, or think of foods I like and my mouth starts watering and I crave tasting that food. I've been at several family feast events, and after seeing/smelling the food, I begin a battle of trying to tweak my stomach pouch limitations so I can have some of that food. Until the end of May I am limited to 3 oz. pureed meals, and believe me that's all my pouch can hold. It makes me dump if I eat too much or if the food is fried (like chicken, or bacon). Even though I bought a blender, I insist that I can still eat regular food if I "puree" it by chewing it good with my teeth! I've never been into cooking; only went for fixing something quick, or getting something already prepared--instant gratification. Potato chips, Cookies, ice cream, and chocolate candy are things I've always snacked and ate as meals. They are the "trigger foods" that I can no longer have in my home! My Bariatric program provides counselors, dietitians, nurses, doctors--anything I need. Looks like I better make an appointment to see a counselor ASAP! .[/quote']

I am having the same issue right now. My surgery was on March 5th was 372 now 329 but I did gain back up to 340 a few weeks ago. I hope I did not stretch out my pouch. I hope I can start to exercise more and stick with the plan.

I am having the same issue right now. My surgery was on March 5th was 372 now 329 but I did gain back up to 340 a few weeks ago. I hope I did not stretch out my pouch. I hope I can start to exercise more and stick with the plan.

ccwolf3 I understand how you feel. I have so many wonderful changes to look forward to with excess weight loss since my bariatric surgery, but I have to admit that I've been sabotaging myself because I've been rebelling against the food limitations. I pray that you will be able to face your "demons" too so you can begin to really heal.

I had my surgery on march 8 2013 and lost 68 lbs. I have had trouble with the Protein. I've used Unjury unflavored and added to orange juice , Peanut Butter on pop cakes from wegmans , and for dinner blended chicken fried rice... So far only bananas and crystal light....haven't tried much. I think the protein is the hardest to get in when I'm still trying to eat food ....ordered some Protein Bars from qwest , heard they are good compared to the others out there.

Surgery date was Monday March 25th. RNY surgery was my 30th Birthday to my present, now almost 5 months later I feel like a whole new person.

Ran my first 5K ever last month in 37:14! Just went on an air plane vacation and wasn't worried about needing a seat belt extender. No longer out of breath walking up to my 3rd floor apartment.

My skin seems to be re-adjusting to my new body. I'm most worried about my arms/armpits, thighs and breasts. Anyone have any tips, recommendations for lotions and potions?

My hair only recently started to fall out. I have VERY curly hair so I only notice it in the shower when I'm combing in my conditioner. It's definitely double what it used to be. Hopefully that will stop soon?

I've had 1 dump so far when Vacation Me and RNY Me met for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm feeling so good i sometimes forget that I even had the surgery!

I have hit a few "plateau" weeks, which worries me, but I think it has something to do with my monthly cycle.

5'6" HW: 260 PSW: 244 CW:175 > 85 lbs down! :-)