Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

Just checking in on the revisions.... Are you guys loosing? Me... Not one bit. A few lbs the first couple of weeks' date=' then nothing. Im bitterly dissapointed and on the verge of tears !!!!!

[/quote']

I am so with you! I had band to bypass revision and I lost 28 lbs then nothing. Depressing!!

I am so with you! I had band to bypass revision and I lost 28 lbs then nothing. Depressing!!

Argh!!!!!! Its so depressing

I hate that you are going through it too, but at least theres someone for us to comiserate with :-(

I havent been counting calories. But I would guess between 1000 and 1500. I try no to count and weigh and measure. i used to binge eat and obsessive calorie counting was usually what preceeded a binge.

If you eat between 1200 and 1300 calories how much do you usually loose in a week ?

I was weighed at 10 days post-op and had lost 9lb but I haven't weighed since. I don't want to do it too often and like you, I'm not keen on weighing and counting food. That's what I've been doing for 30 years! And because I want to live a normal life around food, I'm happy to lose a little slower, with the hope that it's a more sustainable way of living than counting, counting, counting.

Obviously though, we need to meet the RNY half-way, so I do try to keep an eye on what I eat but if a snack grabs me or I fancy something, I have it if I want it and just add it to My Fitness Pal. Being too restrictive on 'diets' is what got me to this size in the first place. From now on, I'd like to be a sensible eater, not obsessed by either too much or too little food.

I guess I'll be weighed again in a couple of weeks when I have my next check-up so I'll let you know if I've lost anything. I am going to ask about the size of my pouch whilst I'm there though - becuase I can definitely eat more than other people here can!

For example, I just ate a whole ready meal which is 400g. Ok, now I'm full (as in I don't want anything else) but I'm not stuffed. 400grams is about 14 ounces :-/

Argh!!!!!! Its so depressing

I hate that you are going through it too' date=' but at least theres someone for us to comiserate with :-([/quote']

Do you have any ideas why? I am baffled

Do you have any ideas why? I am baffled

I have no idea. I actually feel like its even a worse situation that before the revision. With a 2yo sleeve i could loose 1/2-1 lbs per week if i had perfect behavior, i cant do that now.

I am constipated all the time now and i wonder if that is part of the problem.

My surgery was in mexico and i dont have a nut, so i havent really consulted anyone. Have you asked your doc or do you have theories? It just seems impossible that we could literally loose NOTHING

I'm not sure how it works over there but if it was me, I would go and see my GP and ask to be sent for an x-ray to see what's going on in there!

I guess the scariest outcome is that the surgery wasn't done properly - but you need to know so you know where to go from here :-)

I guess the scariest outcome is that the surgery wasn't done properly - but you need to know so you know where to go from here :-)

Had my 3 month follow up and all appears well. Doc said to be patient with the weight loss as it will not happen as fast as it did the first time.

Oh my goodness! I was told the same thing last week. I lost much faster the first time. But since surgery on September 10th, I have lost 45 pounds. I am still losing, no stall as of yet but still dealing with some pain.

I would be so happy to have slow weight loss. I can deal with slow... Im just having trouble dealing with NO weight loss.

Went to a new primary care doc today and she said maybe my thyroid meds arent being absorbed because im taking them with my Vitamins and Calcium. I will start taking thyroid by itself and see if that helps. Argh.... So frustrated!!!!

Wow!! Thyroid problems sounds pretty serious.. I hope you are able to get the help you need so that you may be able to reap the benefits of surgery...

My story is a little different, I was sleeved Jan 9th 2013. I have lost appx 120lbs. I can NOT eat, I can not drink, I am in pain. NEVER hungry, MY stomach HURTS. After 10 months of test, my doctor found I have Bile Reflux, and have to have the Bypass... My surgery date is Nov 21. I am scared, I am already 15lbs under the weight I should be, I am weak, and this week I had to have 4 liters of IV Fluids, due to dehrydration. Please, if you have had the surgery take it serious and Follow the rules. I am so ready to get on with my life and am to tired and weak, I have a 3 hour nap a day and only eating about 200to300 calories a day.

Hi,

I'm so glad I found this thread and all of you!

I had the sleeve 5/21/12 and have lost 128 pounds to date. My highest weight 294 and today 166. The thing is that I'm having terrible GERD and Esophageal Spasms! I can handle the GERD. It is the spasms that I can't take anymore. I have been advised by my surgeon that I may need to revise to RNY. I really don't want to do this at all but I can't live my life this way. I have spasms daily and they feel like labor in my throat, chest, and under my right ribs in my sleeve. SOOO painful!! I have to sleep on my back every night because if I turn over on my sides, it brings on the spasms. I'm taking prilosec 20 mg twice a day, carafate 4 times a day, and hyoscyamine SR (Levsin or Levbid) not sure which under my tongue for relief of the spasms. I'm at the end of my rope. I am 20 or so pounds from my goal so revising would not be for the weight loss but It would be a plus to be able to get to goal for sure. I'm so tired of these spasms. They have taken over my life for sure.

On Monday I will have a Bravo EGD and on Wednesday I will have a Manometry. Have any of you had these test after sleeve surgery? It has been hard for me to find one person that has. Seems according to my surgeon these test are standard for GERD problems to find out how severe it is and check the LES to see if it is closing properly and also the pressure. I'm so concerned because the Manometry is an NG tube and the nurse places it. So I'm afraid of them puncturing my sleeve! I'm not too trusting. Plus, I have to be awake for this.

Niki, has read my story many times I'm sure. Hi Niki, I hope you are doing much better. :)

Anyway, any advice ladies you can give me will be much appreciated. If any of you have had these test, please respond. I've been told that the Bravo capsule is very painful for some being stuck to the esophagus for 7 days. UGH.. Not looking forward to this but I know I have to go through with both test. I will just be glad when it is over. Then there is the decision of whether or not I will revise. My insurance did not pay for my sleeve so I don't know if they will pay for this after the first of the year since the ACA is in place. My husband will have the same insurance but I'm not sure if they will be able to exclude the surgery.

Thank you again and any advice is appreciated!

Lisa

My story is a little different, I was sleeved Jan 9th 2013. I have lost appx 120lbs. I can NOT eat, I can not drink, I am in pain. NEVER hungry, MY stomach HURTS. After 10 months of test, my doctor found I have Bile Reflux, and have to have the Bypass... My surgery date is Nov 21. I am scared, I am already 15lbs under the weight I should be, I am weak, and this week I had to have 4 liters of IV Fluids, due to dehrydration. Please, if you have had the surgery take it serious and Follow the rules. I am so ready to get on with my life and am to tired and weak, I have a 3 hour nap a day and only eating about 200to300 calories a day.

I remember reading your story. My stomach hurts too. Every day. I have gastritis and bile reflux also. I can eat though. I mostly drink Protein Shakes.

Good luck on your revision. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. I'm so scared that I will have to do this as well.

Praying all of your issue reslove and you are much better after the revision!