Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks out today and I am just now starting to lose weight again...I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks' date=' but to be completely honest I didn't want to. I was one of those who had the sleeve to bypass revision at goal weight. Since then I'm down to 130 and I'm 46 years old. I didn't want to lose anymore weight anyway so I'm afraid to go back into the weight losing mode now.

Be patient...the weight will start coming off, from what I've read thru posts and online, it's a stall and the weight loss will prevail.[/quote']

I get scared i just had surgery and created a whole host of problems for myself for no reason.

Are you glad you had the bypass? You had so many problems with the sleeve.

I get scared i just had surgery and created a whole host of problems for myself for no reason. Are you glad you had the bypass? You had so many problems with the sleeve.

Ok well to be honest again...I've had so many problems since the bypass too that I'm afraid that I've caused myself a lot of problems and possibly shortened my life span?? Idk, I worry about all of that now that my life has completely been turned upside down since December...I can't even work! I had problems with both, now I have an ulcer and they can't do an EGD cuz it's too early...and they've doubled my meds, and it's not helping much, haven't been able to eat either. The weight loss was great, 88 pounds total since December, couldn't have done it without, it makes you wonder...doesn't it...if it's worth it?

So.... Are any of you revisions having trouble loosing? Im 3 weeks out and havent lost a lb.

Im in the same boat, it stinks

Ok well to be honest again...I've had so many problems since the bypass too that I'm afraid that I've caused myself a lot of problems and possibly shortened my life span?? Idk' date=' I worry about all of that now that my life has completely been turned upside down since December...I can't even work! I had problems with both, now I have an ulcer and they can't do an EGD cuz it's too early...and they've doubled my meds, and it's not helping much, haven't been able to eat either. The weight loss was great, 88 pounds total since December, couldn't have done it without, it makes you wonder...doesn't it...if it's worth it?[/quote']

My gosh thats a lot to go through. Its hard to know what the right thing is? Maybe being 88lbs overweight would be just as bad in the long run.

I had such an easy time with tbe sleeve i took for granted that this would be just as smooth and rewarding. I guess time will tell for both of us.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for checking in on me. I went in for surgery for over 6 hours last Saturday. They found some more complications and I had to get tubed and drains placed. Fast forward a week, I should be leaving ICU soon, transferring to a regular floor. All my tubes are out (thank God). and I have 2 drains left.

Unfortunately after recent work they found a blood clot in my lung, so I'll be on blood thinners for 6 months. Keep me in prayer!!!

i am so sorry you are having so many problems. get well soon

Hi everyone' date='

Thanks for checking in on me. I went in for surgery for over 6 hours last Saturday. They found some more complications and I had to get tubed and drains placed. Fast forward a week, I should be leaving ICU soon, transferring to a regular floor. All my tubes are out (thank God). and I have 2 drains left.

Unfortunately after recent work they found a blood clot in my lung, so I'll be on blood thinners for 6 months. Keep me in prayer!!![/quote']

I can feel you're pain! When my band failed it landed me in ICU for a week. Get better soon!

Hi everyone' date='

Unfortunately after recent work they found a blood clot in my lung, so I'll be on blood thinners for 6 months. Keep me in prayer!!![/quote']

Ru out of ICU? Hang in there

We are all thinking about you!!!

So sorry you have gone through all of this! Prayers that you are now finally on the road to recovery. Hugs.

Sue

I have just read all the posts on this thread and it sounds like people have had issues with the sleeve that, if all goes well, will resolve with rny. For myself, I had the band for 3 years with minimal success. The band started to fail after the first year and a half and never was able to tolerate it. I ended up with a dilated esophagus. My surgeon told me that the sleeve is high pressure and my esophagus issues would not get better. He suggested rny because it is not high pressure. I still wanted the sleeve but my insurance Co. would not pay for the sleeve. I agreed to rny and, even though I am only 3 weeks out I can tell that eating, swallowing and reflux is so much better! I know that I am in the beginning stages, had some issues with pain and Fluid in my lungs, but surgery wise I am glad I did rny. I think dumping is my main fear at this time because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what I can tolerate. I don't go any more often than before but when I have to go I get nauseous and have to go now! Hopefully, my body will adapt and this will resolve. Anyways, I hope that helps?

I am so sorry, though, to hear about the complications some of you are experiencing. Prayers that they will resolve and we can all begin to experience all the positives of rny life!

Sue

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately after recent work they found a blood clot in my lung, so I'll be on blood thinners for 6 months. Keep me in prayer!!!

I'm sorry you're having all these troubles. But glad you'll be out of the ICU soon.

Officially 4 weeks out...

Just wanted to give a quick update...I hit 4 weeks yesterday and after the hell I went through the first week I'm so glad to be here and to be feeling better. Diet wise I'm still on purees but have started experimenting with soft foods... eggs, ground beef, shredded chicken salad, chunks of vegetables in Soups, so far all have gone down well as long as I keep within my 3-4 ounce limit. Sometimes I forget to chew properly and I can feel that lump of food going all the way down my pouch and into the intestine down the point where my jejunum meets my duodenum (yes I can tell where it is from the discomfort of something too large passing through that point). I makes sure to eat every 3 hours when i'm awake. I haven't started taking my supplements and Vitamins yet. My dr's diet calls for waiting 6 weeks before starting them. I'm watching my fibre intake to avoid Constipation and always include a 4 ounce serving of pureed spinach a day to my diet to keep things regular ;). Still not up to 64 oz of Water, but I'm doing my best to get as much as I can...so far no dehydration. In terms of weight loss... due to the complications I had that first week and having to spend 7 days in the hospital constantly attached to 3 IV's simultaneously... I gained 11 pounds. (I initially thought it was 15 pounds but when I did the math again after my brain cells had come back to life, I realised it was only 11). So while it's not quite correct...including those 11 lbs, I've lost a total of 27 lbs in the 3 weeks since I was discharged :rolleyes:. Funny thing, is ....no one has noticed. no one has made a single comment. oh well.... eventually it will be noticeable.

Anyone else had surgery on or around Aug 31st? How are you doing?

Im in the same boat' date=' it stinks[/quote']

Im sorry to hear youre not loosing either mary. Its quite frustrating. Im wondering if there is something special we should be doing with our diets.

I am 3 weeks out and can eat pretty much anything which is weird, plus im hungry all the time which i wasnt expecting. I was never hungery after the sleeve.

Im trying to do the sleeve rules. Protein first..then veggies. I find a need at least some carbs or i feel bad, trying to get them from a little fruit. Still no luck on the weight loss front. Not one oz gone.

Any luck for you yet? If i find something that works ill let you know.

Im getting scared i just spent a bunch of money and aggrivation to buy myself a whole host of health concerns and little else. It seems almost impossible that a person could have a gastric bypass and loose absolutly no weight... Even if it is a sleeve revision.

Sorry for the negativety guys... Pretty down about it today.

Im sorry to hear youre not loosing either mary. Its quite frustrating. Im wondering if there is something special we should be doing with our diets.

I am 3 weeks out and can eat pretty much anything which is weird' date=' plus im hungry all the time which i wasnt expecting. I was never hungery after the sleeve.

Im trying to do the sleeve rules. Protein first..then veggies. I find a need at least some carbs or i feel bad, trying to get them from a little fruit. Still no luck on the weight loss front. Not one oz gone.

Any luck for you yet? If i find something that works ill let you know.

Im getting scared i just spent a bunch of money and aggrivation to buy myself a whole host of health concerns and little else. It seems almost impossible that a person could have a gastric bypass and loose absolutly no weight... Even if it is a sleeve revision.

Sorry for the negativety guys... Pretty down about it today.[/quote']

I feel for you but am so glad I am not alone. First of all, I am a scale junky and really need to stay off of it! Yes my diet could be better but I too can est anything. I then start to think I eat to much but when I look at my portions I see small ones. My portion was the same tonight as my 5 yesr old granddaughter

I feel for you but am so glad I am not alone. First of all' date=' I am a scale junky and really need to stay off of it! Yes my diet could be better but I too can est anything. I then start to think I eat to much but when I look at my portions I see small ones. My portion was the same tonight as my 5 yesr old granddaughter[/quote']

How far out from surgery are you? Are you hungery too?

Im scared i have to go back to counting calories... That approach usually back fires on me though... I end up over eating and gaining.

Man... This stinks... I really thought this was the answer.