Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cathy

omg we sound like twins.....i did lose weight with the band...it was good for the first year. i have surgery scheduled for sept 19th....i never really wanted RNY but honestly i dont care anymore, i just want it fixed. the reflux is the worst thing ever.

the pain is no worse than the sleeve, I did have a drain..and you PM by going up to where your name is on the right upper side of the page and click on the envelope, and then click compose new...sorry im so short, but have an appt... ....ttyl... :)

Hello ladies,

I'm 1 week post op from from revision to bypass... also looking for support. There are so few of us and its been difficult to find people that have gone through the same experience.

Hello ladies' date='

I'm 1 week post op from from revision to bypass... also looking for support. There are so few of us and its been difficult to find people that have gone through the same experience.[/quote']

Hello to all...I am also a sleeve to bypass revision and I have had a rough time...a rough time with my sleeve (7 procedures/surgeries in 7 months not to mention extreme GERD/reflux... And a rough time with my bypass (2 hospital trips already for dehydration and an ulcer during the surgery, and an abdominal tear right after, and also extremely low bp). My sleeve was 12/13/12 and my bypass was 8/16/13...I'd be happy with whatever support I could get also!

well i havent been on here for a while. i will be having my surgery next thursday. i can not wait for these eating problems and reflux to be gone!

well i havent been on here for a while. i will be having my surgery next thursday. i can not wait for these eating problems and reflux to be gone!

That IS one thing I'm extremely thankful for! Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted!

Hello to all...I am also a sleeve to bypass revision and I have had a rough time...a rough time with my sleeve (7 procedures/surgeries in 7 months not to mention extreme GERD/reflux... And a rough time with my bypass (2 hospital trips already for dehydration and an ulcer during the surgery, and an abdominal tear right after, and also extremely low bp). My sleeve was 12/13/12 and my bypass was 8/16/13...I'd be happy with whatever support I could get also!

Wow 7 in 7 months, I'm so sorry you went through all that and hopefully the RNY solves it for you. Looks like this group is growing. I thought the sleeve would become the new "gold standard" and yet here we all are.

Hi everyone! I was also revised from the sleeve to RNY. My initial surgery was 8/12/13. I almost immediately began having problems getting fluids to stay down. After episodes of daily nonstop vomiting and dehydration, I was admitted to the hospital on 8/22. I was NPO for most of my hospital stay. I couldn't even keep ice chips down.

After a failed attempt of a balloon dilation, my surgeon went back in on 8/31 to correct my sleeve. I woke up in excruciating pain that evening. My heart rate was extremely high during the night. The nurses were very concerned. My surgeon came in that morning and told me that he needed to go back in to check for a leak. After 6 hours of surgery, I was revised from the sleeve to RNY due to a small leak in my sleeve.

I've been doing much better since the revision. I'm hopeful that things will work out with my new pouch. Just nervous about dumping. But, I'm taking things one day at a time. :-)

-Candace

Hi everyone! I was also revised from the sleeve to RNY. My initial surgery was 8/12/13. I almost immediately began having problems getting fluids to stay down. After episodes of daily nonstop vomiting and dehydration' date=' I was admitted to the hospital on 8/22. I was NPO for most of my hospital stay. I couldn't even keep ice chips down.

After a failed attempt of a balloon dilation, my surgeon went back in on 8/31 to correct my sleeve. I woke up in excruciating pain that evening. My heart rate was extremely high during the night. The nurses were very concerned. My surgeon came in that morning and told me that he needed to go back in to check for a leak. After 6 hours of surgery, I was revised from the sleeve to RNY due to a small leak in my sleeve.

I've been doing much better since the revision. I'm hopeful that things will work out with my new pouch. Just nervous about dumping. But, I'm taking things one day at a time. :-)

-Candace[/quote']

Good luck Candace...sorry to hear of all your troubles...let me know if you have any questions or just need to talk!

Niki

Good luck Candace...sorry to hear of all your troubles...let me know if you have any questions or just need to talk!

Niki

Thank you Niki! I certainly will! ;-)

I had the sleeve done in 2009 and I lost about 70lbs but in the past year I have regained most of the weight back. I am now in the process of doing all the pre testing to do the bypass but i have so many concerns that I'm just confused as to weather I should have the surgery. I keep hearing that having revision surgery puts you at a higher risk for complications and gastric leak. I keep telling myself that its just like having any other surgery and there will always be a risk but I'm still scared to death. Has anyone here had sleeve to gastric bypass revision? I hope to here from someone just to hear from someone that had gone through the experience and maybe can share some pointers.

I had the band in 2008 and it eroded into my stomach causing a gastric leak so I had it removed and then bypass 7 months later. Never doubted my decision and yge bypass was the easiest out of all 3 surgeries.

Hello all

Im so glad i found this thread!!!!! I was just revised from sleeve to bypass on Sep 10th so i am 11 days post op. I was one of the unlucky few who didnt loose much with the sleeve.

I am a newbie to the bypass world and am trying to learn the ropes. I would love to hear more about the differences between "sleeve life" and "bypass life"

Here is my biggest difference issue at the moment:

When i got my sleeve, hunger really went away for about 6 mos. not just hunger, but that horrible "brain not working" irritable, unable to function feeling that comes with no glucose.

Now... Post bypass.... the low glucose brain shut down is back with a vengence. I am on pureed foods and am eating LOTS to try and combat this. Probably too much for my healing stomach, but i have to work and my brain just isn't functioning. I find that eating doesnt really help for more than 20-30 minutes, even if its really high calorie. Sipping Protein doesn't really help either.

Another member suggested sipping a little 50/50 Water apple juice all day. This has helped tremendously, but it goes against my whole no sugar or processed food lifestyle.

Any one else have this issue ? How did you work through it?

What other kinds of differences have you all found?

Thanks

Stacey

Sorry guys.... I cant figure out how to delete the double post :wacko:

Hello all

Im so glad i found this thread!!!!! I was just revised from sleeve to bypass on Sep 10th so i am 11 days post op. I was one of the unlucky few who didnt loose much with the sleeve.

I am a newbi to the bypass world snd am trying to learn the ropes. I would love to hear more about the differences between "sleeve life" and "bypass life"

Here is my biggest difference issue at the moment:

When i got my sleeve, hunger really went away for about 6 mos. not just hunger, but that horrible "brain not working" irritable, unable to function feeling that comes with no glucose went away too.

Now... Post bypass.... the low glucose brain shut down is back with a vengence. I am on pureed foods and am eating LOTS to try and combat this. Probably too much for my healing stomach, but i have to work. I also find that eating doesnt really help for more than 20-30 minutes, even if its really high calorie.

Another member suggested sipping a little 50/50 Water apple juice all day. This has helped tremendously, but it goes against my whole no sugar or processed food lifestyle.

Any one else have this issue ? How did you work through it?

What other kinds of differences have you all found?

Thanks

Stacey

You are so right that the hunger doesn't go away with bypass like it did with sleeve. I'm still on purees and I eat 3-4 ounces every 3 hours that I'm awake (yes I weigh the food. I don't want to risk eating too much for my punch). Then I wait 30 minutes and then I'm continuously sipping Water for the next 2 hours which keeps the hunger pangs away. then I stop drinking for another 30 minutes and by then time its time to eat my next meal, I'm hungry again.

That works for me, but I'm sure others have other tactics that work for them.

My sleeve also failed partly because I wasn't following all the rules so this time I'm following them to the letter.

Thanks for the reply mlola

When did you have your revision?

Did the hunger ever subside?

Sometimes i think that low glucose feeling is from my body not being able to absorb nutrients from food, since eating doesnt really seem to help.

I am hoping that is temporary as my body adjusts... I just dont know. I certainly dont want to be sipping apple juice for the rest of my life. My teeth will fall out of my head lol