Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you! Revision requirements are different from initial requirements. I had all them tests done to figure out what was going on initially. My upper Gi showed stenosis in sleeve as well

:unsure:

Hey. I'm having my sleeve to bypass revision next Wednesday, July 29. I was sleeved in February 2013. I lost about 40 pounds and kept it off for a year when I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and was started on a beta blocker. I gained 20 pounds the first month and it has just gone up since then. My insurance said only one bariatric surgery per lifetime however I decided to try to have it approved and they approved it within two days. The insurance company considered my failed sleeve a complication as well as my new heart condition and borderline sleep apnea. I thought for sure I would have to appeal the denial but was happily surprised. So if your insurance states one bariatric surgery in a lifetime, try to get it approved anyhow. You may be pleasantly surprised. I have completed all my preop requirements and I started my diet today. Has anybody gone through this and are you glad that you did this? My biggest fear is not the surgery itself but being a failure again. It's so embarrassing. I am telling very few people I'm having RNY. They all think I'm having a hiatal hernia repair. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

I'm right there with you sister! I am embarrassed and feel like a failure as well! I however, have a big mouth and haven't kept it a secret and now after reading your post I feel like maybe I should have kept my trap shut :(

Well, I pray for us, that this is the final stretch of our weight loss journey and that we finally achieve our goal and are successful at it. For me, this is my third weight loss surgery - Lap band 2005; sleeve 2008; and now the one I desperately tried to avoid - back to where I was TEN years ago! Should have just had the RNY then. :wacko: :(

Well I am now 10 days post op GS revision to RNY..... That was a real trip. I had it done at Cleveland clinic Florida and they were excellent there. The worst part of my entire journey so far was that darn JP drain. Since it was my second abdominal Surgery I had to go home with one for two weeks. After a week I developed a reaction on my skin so I had to travel back and get it removed. What a relief that was. Other than that and of course the gas pains the rest was tolerable as long as I had appropriate pain meds. I am 17 pounds down from my presurgery weight. Today I got to start soft dairy. Cottage cheese never tasted so good. I have had absolutely no nausea (yet) I start soft Protein on 8/10. Can't wait to taste something meaty for a change. Good luck to all. I will let you know how it goes.

I also just did a revision. I wanted to ask you have you been feeling hungry? I can't tell if I'm hungry or full. I was also embarrassed about me having to get a revision, I told everyone I was having a hernia repair. I really thought something was wrong with because I've seen people lose 100+lbs with the sleeve and I didn't, it's so embarrassing, I even gained weight with it. I'm praying this time that everything goes as planned.

I have a question for those who have went through the sleeve to bypass revision.... What is the general process like for those of us trying to start the process to have the revision using our insurance

I have a tentative date of 10/7/15!!! The insurance coordinator just called me! Since I had my initial sleeve surgery abroad they needed documentation of my follow up care to show compliance, which I have. I emailed her my nutritionist log and my post surgery blood work. Tomorrow I will drop off the body fat scan my surgeon did preop and 6 months post op. She said she is seeing the insurance companies ask for more documentation showing compliance so she wants to be sure to send the a complete overview of my sleeve history!!! I have FEPBLUE.

OK thanks this should be interesting...m most of the stuff you named my surgeon has never mentioned to me

I lived abroad and had my surgery abroad so they do things a bit different. So for my revision FepBlue required - psych exam, weight history since having sleeve, 3 month preop diet. Look in the fep book it is all outlined. I started the process in April, but I had to have some other tests done and they found some issues with my sleeve. So honestly I probably could have been done In Sept.

Oh, I see

Do you have any medical issues such as GERD for revision?

Hi, I just had my 6 month follow up to sleeve surgery. That went great and I'm happy with the weight loss, but I've had issues with acid reflux. A few weeks ago I saw a gastro doc and had a 24 hour PH test completed. And it appears the acid reflux is on the severe end of the spectrum. While I'm on 40mg of prilosec twice a day and zantac once a day, I still have acidy stomach. When I had the test done I had to be off the meds for 5 days and it was pretty bad with out meds. The surgeon recommended the gastric bypass. Not pushing it, but if the meds are completely taking care of the issue, the next step is that. What to do.....is the question. I'm 52 and think the long term affects of both meds and surgery are complex.

I used to be on here a long time ago...you can look me up. I have been unable to work since April 2013 and have just recently filed for disability. Please, please, unless it's absolutely the LAST DITCH EFFORT to make you well, please do not go the bypass route. There are so many more complications, malabsorption rates, the list goes on and on for me. That was my exact reason for doing it too, but oh I so regret it now.

@@Lisa's Hope omgoodness there's a name from my past! How are you? I hope this finds you well!

Did you have to fulfill any requirements? I have had a hard time getting an answer from my clinic on what my insurance is going to require. I am at a normal BMI and am revising due to severe GERD/Barrett's.

Yes I had to do the upper GI. 1phych visit, 1 nutrition, I already had a bunch of testing from my Gastro doctor like a gastric emptying scan and EGD and his office notes.

Okay that all seems manageable. I just know from the sleeve how crazy insurance requirements can be and I just am hoping this is simple since I stuck with my program and lost the weight and there's nothing I can do about the GERD. I only have one EGD that was done out of country so I'm guess I'll probably have to do some more tests. Good luck on your surgery! I'd love to hear your experience.

Did you have your surgery? Any complications now? I'm interested to hear your story and maybe relate mine...it's been a long and grueling one, if you're interested.?

I have a question for those who have went through the sleeve to bypass revision.... What is the general process like for those of us trying to start the process to have the revision using our insurance

Titaniumsleeved2014...are you still considering the bypass surgery? Where are you in the process?