Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

my toddler and i just got back from the indoor playground. besides having tons of energy to chase her little butt all around, my nsv is how cool it was to be able to squeeze through all the little holes and tubes and obstacles. she's only two, but she be fierce, so instead of the toddler area, we ventured to the big kid area...it was huge and sooo fun! i happened to catch a glimpse of myself climbing out of this teeny tube, so i'm squatting, really (cause it still hurts like anything to crawl around! i don't know how babies' knees don't hurt!), and i just easily crawl through. that alone just blows my mind...i'm so little! love it!!

oh, and i was *rocking* my size 8 skinny jeans! and i turned 35 a few days ago and decided that i needed to up my facial care routine. so i was literally glowing, in my single digit jeans, easily chasing my energetic toddler. lol i was feeling myself today, truly. this rny really has been one of my best life decisions.

Something small, but I never realized it until today. Now when I rest my hands on my face I feel my jawline the moment I touch my face...I never noticed that I could only feel my jawline before by slightly pressing my fingers against it.

Something small, but I never realized it until today. Now when I rest my hands on my face I feel my jawline the moment I touch my face...I never noticed that I could only feel my jawline before by slightly pressing my fingers against it.

Not only do I no longer.need a seat belt extender, I can walk down the aisle of the plane without turning sideways.

@@chrystine

I have never had to use an extension belt. But I drove from California to Kansas in horrible snow conditions when we never seen a snow plow in our lives. When our youngest had an emergency c-section it took us 2 days longer because of the weather. All because I was so scared they would do that walk of shame over to me with that belt. Good luck on your journey. ♡

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

I'm 9 weeks out from surgery today. Last night, I pulled some old pants down from the "One Day" pile in my closet, just for haha's.

9 weeks ago, heading into surgery, I was a size 50/52x30 pant. These pants were 36x30. And they FIT. I'm just...flabbergasted. No amount of research could really prepare me for SEEING it all. You can read the success stories, and cheer other people on as they go through the process, but until you look in that mirror and SEE the changes, it doesn't fully hit home (I mean, I still look in the mirror and see the old me, but that old me suddenly has 36's on...crazy).

I haven't had surgery yet, but on my own I dropped 21 pounds and I can actually feel my waist now! It's so nice when I put my hands on my waist and it goes IN! =D

It is an indescribable feeling to simply go into a department store and choose your size from any design you want. I could barely find my size anywhere before :)

Okay. I've got one! I ran a 5k on Saturday. I was battling a hip issue, but still managed to get a pretty good time for me. Here is the link so you can watch the finish. I am the one in the blue shirt and black baseball cap.

http://www.mtecresults.com/runner/show?race=4090&email=1&rid=676

I hope it works.

pam

I've got a few NSV's I'm lumping together, because this weekend was full of 'em.

I went to Orlando FL for a whirlwind, two day trip. I was overwhelmed by a few things that happened.

1 - No seat belt extender! Not only did the seat belts buckle on two different airline's flights, but I had room left on the belt!

2 - Disney World - I spent a whole day in the heat and humidity and felt I actually had energy and wasn't a giant ball of sweat (gross, I know, but...y'all know what I mean).

3 - Universal Studios. This was a big one for me. I've heard horror stories of bigger guys/gals not being able to ride 90% of the rides there due to the size of the seats/restraints. I went to go sit in the test seat outside of Harry Potter and the attendant looked at me and said, "Um, sir, you really don't need that. You're more than fine". Not having to use the test seats and riding every single thrill ride? Best. Thrill. Ever. Worth more than I spent on tickets, and then some.

Isn't it amazing how we still give ourselves a wide berth and expect not to fit place where we fit perfectly? I am still nervous about movie theater seats and restaurant booths at a size 8, & almost 19 months post-op. Nice job!!

@@chrystine

I find that when I hold up an item of clothes I have NO IDEA if it will fit. I got a women's XL race shirt from Saturday's race. I help it up and kept thinking it must run small because that is never going to fit me. I wore it after work on Monday and it fit perfectly. My race shirt from the same race last year was an XXL Men's and it fit okay.

On the same line, even holding things up to myself doesn't help. I am carrying all my weight in my belly still. I have almost no but and back fat left. I held a skirt up to me yesterday to see if it would fit yet. It didn't come close to reaching halfway around my front, but I tried it on just to see how close it was and not only could I button it, I also could zip it! I would never have thunk it!

I am still a 16-18, but I haven't quite figured it all yet.

pam

Pulling stored cloths from about 4 years ago and finding treasures I can now fit in, as well as others that will fit as I reach closer to my goal weight. (Also making new piles that are now too big for me.)