Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

I need a belt...that's a NSV

Edited by vanessak8

I bought a bike! I went out for a ride, fell ass over tit and lol nearly killed myself (slight exaggeration) i got up, had grazed my elbow, went back home, cleaned and bandaged myself up and am super pumped to go out there again when the weather clears up. 6 months ago a bike was just something other people who were fit had, was not even a twinkle in my eye and now look at me????. Loving life to the max!!

I wore a XL Superman shirt today and my chest and arms filled the shirt more than my belly did! I did not look like a comic con nerd wearing it!

I was walking past our building door which is made out of mirror and didn't even recognize the person in the reflection was me. I finally saw what everyone is talking about how much weight I have lost. Wow scary but nice.

I am wondering if anyone drinks diet pop don't think we are allowed to but how can I stop helpppp!

How far out from surgery are you? I was a total Diet Coke addict before I started on the liquid diet. I tried it about two weeks after my surgery, and I hated it!! now I drink Water and herbal tea. The bubbles in soda are said to fill you up faster and, perhaps, stretch your new stomach. I'd rather lose weight than have a diet coke. ????

6 months after surgery I went for my first run today, #5wksto5k

I hit 70k steps for the week today for the first time in my life!!! Did I tell you that I love, LOVE my sleeve!! ????

I went to the gym and wasn't ashamed to undress and redress in the locker room for the first time ever. Oh- and I can almost wrap the gym towel all around me:)

I have my moms wedding coming up next weekend in Florida. I realized all my summer clothes from last year don't fit anymore. I decided to do some shopping. Normally I'm sweating like an animal. This time I wasn't. It felt so good to be comfortable trying on clothes. To top it off my general doctor said I no longer need to take my medicine for high blood pressure and diabetes. :D

My first NSV....putting on a size smaller jean today! I forgot what it was like to feel so good in a pair of jeans.

I fit in my 16 y/o son's size 36 pants! He wears 2 sizes bigger so he can wear shorts under them.

I posted before but I recently went for a surprise visit to see my family that lives four hours away. I didn't tell anyone I was coming. I hadn't seen my family since probably 3 or 4 months before my surgery and now I am about 3 months out and 63 pounds lighter. When I walked into my grandparents house my grandma almost fell over and my grandpa had started crying. Probably from the initial shock of my showing up but more so the fact that I looked so different. I was glowing and they couldn't stop looking at me and touching me to make sure I was real.

It was so overwhelming and it really really made me feel so proud of myself and my accomplishments!!

I can do 40 min on the elliptical on the hard levels. Elevated to 10 and resistance 8

High heels leave my closet

I get spray tans and don't feel bad for the technicians.

I went to a show yesterday and I had plenty of room to spare in the seat!