Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to RNY..first steps

I'm just wondering if other band to bypasses feel like they can eat more than they should? I'm eating 1000 cals a day and sometimes I want more. Do any of u guys feel like that? I'm only 5 weeks out.

Same here, I have felt like since the very start, 1/14,......

I'm just wondering if other band to bypasses feel like they can eat more than they should? I'm eating 1000 cals a day and sometimes I want more. Do any of u guys feel like that? I'm only 5 weeks out.

I feel like normal, like I had no surgery, I can eat an entire grilled chicken salad with no problem....

How much is an entire chicken salad?

Fast food size, not sure the ozs....

You really shouldn't be able to eat that much at this point. Might want to measure your intake to make sure you don't hurt yourself.

Scheduled my appointment with the anesthesiologist. May 13th! It seems like this is happening quick!

Marla-have u talked to ur doc about this? I really wonder what they say. I would b in so much pain if I ate that much at one time. I'm supposed to cut my food up in eraser size pieces and take 20 minutes to eat. And only 2 to 4 oz. then if I'm still hungry to proceed.

Have u tried doing that?

Maybe he didn't do the RNY?!?

Marla-have u talked to ur doc about this? I really wonder what they say. I would b in so much pain if I ate that much at one time. I'm supposed to cut my food up in eraser size pieces and take 20 minutes to eat. And only 2 to 4 oz. then if I'm still hungry to proceed.

Have u tried doing that?

Maybe he didn't do the RNY?!?

I have scars to show he did surgery and I was in the hosp for 3 nights....... But I can eat a lot....at one time, probably a cup or more at a time and not feel sick at all , been able to eat a lot since a few weeks out....

I am wondering if I will be on a diet pre-surgical. I have see my doctor on the 29th. I guess all doctors are different in regards to presurgical dieting.

Yes, they are all different. My doc required two weeks of a liquid diet.< /p>

Onward to better things. Just got approved to get the band removed Anyway, have already started the steps for RNY and hopefully the doctor will live up to his word that I only have to wait two months after the band removal. Not that I am looking forward to another surgery, I'm not looking forward to not being able to breathe if I don't have it and put all my weight back on. Hopefully this 70 year old won't have too many problems.

I had revision seven months ago' date=' and feel so happy with it. I just feel normal, long gone are those choking feeling, no gagging, no forced or non forced puking, i can sit down and eat with my family (before i had to stand to eat, and that usually ended up with a rush to the bathroom)).

With the band i was always hungry or thinking of food or feeding on sweet stuff that me feel better. Now i eat a small meal and im satisfied. I do not live to eat. I just live. I have lost just about 105 pounds, feel great and best of all get to live the life of an active mum!

The only down thing of my weight lose in one of my daughters eyes is now she can't play hide and seek behind me!!!

Good luck with the op! It will change your life![/quote']

I just scheduled my revision surgery for june 12th. Your story is mine! I've had the band for five years and eating is pure torture. Im praying my surgeon can do the roux en y at the same time my band is removed. It scares me to think I may have to go back.

I am wondering if I will be on a diet pre-surgical. I have see my doctor on the 29th. I guess all doctors are different in regards to presurgical dieting.

My doctor requires a month of Optifast pre revision. I start Optifast on may 12th and surgery on june 12th. Im praying the revision is a success and they don't just take the band and require me to come back for a third surgery.

I just scheduled my revision surgery for june 12th. Your story is mine! I've had the band for five years and eating is pure torture. Im praying my surgeon can do the roux en y at the same time my band is removed. It scares me to think I may have to go back.

Even if you're one of us unlucky few that has to do the revision in stages it is still totally worth it!!! Good luck!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 220.2

Even if you're one of us unlucky few that has to do the revision in stages it is still totally worth it!!! Good luck!!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 220.2[/quote']

Thank you! :) I am going to increase my Vitamin C and eliminate NSAIDS until surgery to reduce inflammation. At this point I am willing to try anything. I am just ready to get it done. I started the revision process with my dr. In january so my mind is there already. Lol