Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Well..might as well confess I've been pretty bad. It's been way too much of a temptation around me. Not for the sweets as I'm still gunshy after the dumping episode I had but just grazing which I know isn't good at all. Staying with my family is kinda like a constant battle with my food intake. Going to buy some more Protein rich items as I'm defiantly not exactly getting enough in while here. It kinda makes me wonder if I can ever get back on track cause I feel so badly derailed. It's almost like the sinking and drowning feeling but still trying to swim my way out. Thanks for letting me vent!

Don't stress! You have so much going on! Enjoy your family time before the big move. Once you are settled you will get back on track. You have come too far to go back!! Just think of those size 2 jeans! ;) Hugs!

Well..might as well confess I've been pretty bad. It's been way too much of a temptation around me. Not for the sweets as I'm still gunshy after the dumping episode I had but just grazing which I know isn't good at all. Staying with my family is kinda like a constant battle with my food intake. Going to buy some more Protein rich items as I'm defiantly not exactly getting enough in while here. It kinda makes me wonder if I can ever get back on track cause I feel so badly derailed. It's almost like the sinking and drowning feeling but still trying to swim my way out. Thanks for letting me vent!

I know it's hard but you can do it! Log your food. Plan your day's meals in advance and follow the plan. I measure out my food in the morning and put it into microwavable bowls so it's ready to grab and easy to heat. I put my days worth of non-perishable foods in my lunch bag along with my smaller utensils that help me eat slower. Also, I keep my calorie-free drink mixes in there to add to my Water. The bag is always ready to go with me when I go out so nothing is left to chance. I keep a few non-perishable Snacks in my car, along w/a water bottle, just in case. Plan, plan, plan... and stick to the plan! Make it your resolution for the new year! :-)

You are beautiful my friend!! Glad you were successful over the holidays. I didn't have any trouble with eating badly but I haven't been getting my Protein or Water in everyday. I've also indulged in quite a bit of beer which I HAVE to stop! I actually will be glad when new years is over and things get back to normal. Good news is that my weight hasn't gone up! ;)

You can drink beer? You don't have trouble with fizzy things? I haven't even tried a sip of a carbonated drink - I'm afraid to! Lol

I had some cake and ice cream yesterday and did not dump. I have never dumped and it's got me feeling really sad that i can eat the junk :(

i am the same!! I wish I did also because now I have to have the will power and remember not to go down that road again!!

You can drink beer? You don't have trouble with fizzy things? I haven't even tried a sip of a carbonated drink - I'm afraid to! Lol

No I dont. Haven't had any soda or anything but beer doesn't bother me. :( kinda wished it did. I was a big beer drinker before surgery and don't want to go back to that. I drink it out of a glass with ice so maybe that helps???

I'm 5'9 so I said 200, but if I hit 199 I will be fine with that. Between my primary doc and pt doc they agree with me. When I'm down to 180 I look to thin.

Haven't been on in awhile so I'm a bit late...I'm 5'9"...my doctor said aim for 160 so I have a little bounce back room. I think 169 makes me a "normal weight" I am about 187 right now and I'm definately not too thin. I have a lot more flab lol...mostly in my lower half.

No I dont. Haven't had any soda or anything but beer doesn't bother me. :( kinda wished it did. I was a big beer drinker before surgery and don't want to go back to that. I drink it out of a glass with ice so maybe that helps???

I think ice helps take some fizz out. I don't drink beer often but an icy cold one on a warm summer evening is good. Wine is my thing. Love, love, love wine! Can't wait till my one year anniversary so I can go back to my Saturday night glass of wine. :-)

I think ice helps take some fizz out. I don't drink beer often but an icy cold one on a warm summer evening is good. Wine is my thing. Love, love, love wine! Can't wait till my one year anniversary so I can go back to my Saturday night glass of wine. :-)

I drink a glass of wine at least 3 times a week. I hv not had any trouble with it.

I drink a glass of wine at least 3 times a week. I hv not had any trouble with it.

You have been doing great, don't be so hard on yourself! The holidays have come and gone and you will get back on track, I'm sure most of us have been tasting and trying different things we wouldn't normally try/have. Just remember why we did this and get back on track as soon as you can, we are in the home stretch! Most of the early April people have already met their goals, and we will get there too! :)

Really? I have not tried any wine or other beverages other than Water and unsweetened tea, and just a little of that with some Spelnda. Oh, I do drink the diet lemonade at Chick Fil A when I'm working at the mall part time! But that's about it.....i LOVE wine, so I may give it a try for New Years!!

I've tried wine... Wasn't bad..just hit me very fast!!

I have half heartedly logged my food the last few days. I had a Protein Shake and I had my hubby also pick up some Jerky. We are staying with family for awhile in between locations so it's harder than when I'm home. I gotta stop eating the terrible stuff they eat!

I want to wish all of my April friends a very Happy New Year! 2013 had alot of downs for me but the ups were amazing! I have made a few great friends here and you all have helped me immensely! I wish you nothing but the best in 2014! Hugs and lots of love!♥

Happy New Year!