Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I went to see the surgeon today and he put me on carafate and zantac.

He will scope me thursday. My pouch feels inflammed and raw. pills feel like they have razors on them and eating and drinking is a chore.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#

That sounds terrible. Hope u are feeling better soon.

I want a glass of wine ! But my favorite is moscato and its sweet and a little fizzy .....anyone try wines yet ?

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 308lbs

I'm also losing slow compared to some but at least its going in the right direction lol

I want a glass of wine ! But my favorite is moscato and its sweet and a little fizzy .....anyone try wines yet ?

I have done wine but nothing fizzy. Fizz scares me but I do have concerns that it is too soon for alcohol

When I was 1st post op I wasn't hungry and would even forget to eat. Now it's not so much I feel hungry but feel a weird almost hollow feeling. I really don't want anything tho. Nothing really at all seems to sound good or appealing to me. Wondered if it was just me. I eat..but it's only cause its more or less what I have to do. I don't want to slow my metabolism down by not eating but no matter the diff things I keep trying to feed my body I just don't care for anything. Am I the only one? Eating has no pleasure anymore..suppose that's good but it sucks I don't like anything.

Hi there! I'm still having problems with meats/fish/eggs. But, I've been really enjoying watermelon, cantalope, blueberries, and cherries in small quantities. I know they are not Protein, but they don't bother my stomach and are delicious. Went to a party yesterday and I was very hungry. Ate a small piece of pepperoni bread (probaby too fast), and was throwing up in 5 minutes. Mostly "slime"...I guess that is what my NUT calls "the foamies". I thought those days were over. Had meatloaf tonight....could only eat about 2 oz. I get a "hollow" feeling in my stomach when I am hungry...can't really call it hunger. There was so much fabulous food and Desserts at this party, but I couldn't eat it. I admired it all, but I can't really say I felt deprived. The desire to eat it is just not there. I guess that is a good thing. :unsure:

I'm lucky if I lose a lb every week or 2. I wanted to lose 10 this month before my bday..not happening. I'm down barely 2 this month. Trying to look at the measurements but its hard to stay focused with the scales not moving.

I dont have a scale for that reason.

The doctor told me as long as you follow the plan, exercise, fluids and Protein you will lose.

I am one of those people who want instant results. I wanted to lose 11 and lost 9. 2 more pounds would have put me in onederland. Now my pouch is immflamed and protein, exercise and Water is tough.

I vomit food and all liquids feel like razor blades in my belly. Plus 3 new meds.

Just a bump in the road for me.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#

I stalled again. This is so very discouraging! I went from 210 to 214' date=' how is it that losing 60 pounds hardly feels like anything, but gaining 4 pounds makes me feel like a heifer! ugh! Can't wait for this stall to be over, it has been over a week now.[/quote']

I'm stalled too. Been that way forever. My doc said even two lbs a week is 104 pounds in a year. Not so bad. Keep your head up.

I have done wine but nothing fizzy. Fizz scares me but I do have concerns that it is too soon for alcohol

I'm not a big drinker but I'm craving it prob cause I can't have it lol I have about a half a glass left in a bottle in my fridge I'm tempted but too chicken lol

I'm stalled too. Been that way forever. My doc said even two lbs a week is 104 pounds in a year. Not so bad. Keep your head up.

I feel like its not coming off fast enough and thrn my doc and nut say they would like to see 2-3lbs a week they don't want it going too fast so I'm pretty much on track and like you said in the long run its a big weight loss in a year :) I'm 3 months today and am down 55lbs have a long ways to go but 9lbs from my next goal :)

Yes. I'm crawling at an average of 1-2lbs a week. I'm OK with it' date=' I like the slow and steady. As long as there is no gain, I'm happy.[/quote']

I average between , 2 - 5 , aweek...good enough

Hi there! I'm still having problems with meats/fish/eggs. But' date=' I've been really enjoying watermelon, cantalope, blueberries, and cherries in small quantities. I know they are not Protein, but they don't bother my stomach and are delicious. Went to a party yesterday and I was very hungry. Ate a small piece of pepperoni bread (probaby too fast), and was throwing up in 5 minutes. Mostly "slime"...I guess that is what my NUT calls "the foamies". I thought those days were over. Had meatloaf tonight....could only eat about 2 oz. I get a "hollow" feeling in my stomach when I am hungry...can't really call it hunger. There was so much fabulous food and desserts at this party, but I couldn't eat it. I admired it all, but I can't really say I felt deprived. The desire to eat it is just not there. I guess that is a good thing. :unsure:[/quote']

I love watermelon and blueberries. I had trouble with cantaloupe not being able to chew it down well enough. Right now im turning to the 2x protein Greek yogurt and cheese to get my protein in. I can tolerate beef but not much else.

The doctor told me as long as you follow the plan' date=' exercise, fluids and Protein you will lose.

I am one of those people who want instant results. I wanted to lose 11 and lost 9. 2 more pounds would have put me in onederland. Now my pouch is immflamed and protein, exercise and Water is tough.

I vomit food and all liquids feel like razor blades in my belly. Plus 3 new meds.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#[/quote']

I hope they get u feeling better and fixed up soon.

The doctor told me as long as you follow the plan' date=' exercise, fluids and Protein you will lose.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#[/quote']

I hope they get u feeling better and fixed up soon.

I have totally jacked my knee up. I had irritated it and it was sore with my return to running. Yesterday I decided to run across a parking lot to my car as a monsoon of rain was falling and I ended up sliding and not sure what happened. Trying to do the ice/rest method on it but the pulling feeling sucks. I can barely bear weight so exercise is totally out. Totally discouraging to me as I haven't had any great loss even exercising. Now I'm unable to do much of anything. My PCM is quitting his practice so I'm in process of finding a new dr. Sucks.

I love watermelon and blueberries. I had trouble with cantaloupe not being able to chew it down well enough. Right now im turning to the 2x Protein Greek yogurt and cheese to get my protein in. I can tolerate beef but not much else.

I was addicted to blueberries for 2 weeks. Now I have no interest in even eating them. The same thing happened with peanuts and fish. Guess I get sick of stuff? Get most of my protein from shakes, beef Jerky and cottage cheese right now. Thats all that I feel like eating. Oh, and popsicles.