Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay!!!! We have made it to May!!! Prayers for the surgeries today. Update us when you can.

Well I actually survived my first day of pre op diet yesterday! Wasn't so bad. The Protein Shakes are actually yummy! Especially the Cappuccino one in the morning. I told myself I would weigh myself once a week. I just wanted to see this morning what I could expect within a week. Hehehe

:P. So I did weigh in 3 lbs less this morning! Wow, really? 3 lbs in one day? I can do this pre op diet thing! Lol

Surgery date: May 14, 2013

Good morning everyone good luck to those just starting their diets .... I am sitting in pre op super excited and scared to death

Good morning everyone good luck to those just starting their diets .... I am sitting in pre op super excited and scared to death

You are gonna do great! Just breathe!!! and exhale!!! You are almost there. Lots of prayers your way. :-) keep us posted Mistyf

Yes, you will do great :) Will be thinking and praying for you today.

Well I actually survived my first day of pre op diet yesterday! Wasn't so bad. The Protein Shakes are actually yummy! Especially the cappuccino one in the morning. I told myself I would weigh myself once a week. I just wanted to see this morning what I could expect within a week. Hehehe

:P. So I did weigh in 3 lbs less this morning! Wow, really? 3 lbs in one day? I can do this pre op diet thing! Lol

I told myself the same thing and last week I was dropping 3-4 pds a day. It's my second week of the pre-op diet and I've averaged 1-2 pds a day now. The weekends are the worst for me but I only have one more of those before my surgery. You can do this....

Ok.... So yesterday I went for my pre op labs and EKG. Today I get a phone call from my surgeons office. My surgery has to be cancelled. Why? I ask. Congratulations hunny.... You're pregnant.

WHAT?!?!?!?! I've been trying for 11 years... I can't get pregnant. Well hunny' date=' she says. You are! OMG[/quote']

Congratulations!

I told myself the same thing and last week I was dropping 3-4 pds a day. It's my second week of the pre-op diet and I've averaged 1-2 pds a day now. The weekends are the worst for me but I only have one more of those before my surgery. You can do this....

I'm actually suprised I wasn't starving last night. I was really good. I made the boys steaks on the grill and glazed carrots and cheesy shells Mac & cheese. Ugh, it smelled so good. But I was very good! How much have you lost so far?

I'm actually suprised I wasn't starving last night. I was really good. I made the boys steaks on the grill and glazed carrots and cheesy shells Mac & cheese. Ugh, it smelled so good. But I was very good! How much have you lost so far?

I've lost around 23 pds....I still have 5 more days to go. I want to reach the 30 pd mark but my surgeon isn't requiring me to lose any. I have had my ups and downs in regards to the liquid diet. More like I have my good days and my bad days. Keeping busy at work (they are starting to freak out because I'll be gone for 2 wks :D ) and working out in the evening has helped me get through this diet. I am in the home stretch and it's kind of a part of me know. I guess this diet isn't so bad because it does prepare you for surgery but also will help after wards when you have to do the 2 week liquid diet again....well at least for me.

I give you kudos for not diving into the steak or the mac & cheese....I know I would be :P

I've lost around 23 pds....I still have 5 more days to go. I want to reach the 30 pd mark but my surgeon isn't requiring me to lose any. I have had my ups and downs in regards to the liquid diet. More like I have my good days and my bad days. Keeping busy at work (they are starting to freak out because I'll be gone for 2 wks :D ) and working out in the evening has helped me get through this diet. I am in the home stretch and it's kind of a part of me know. I guess this diet isn't so bad because it does prepare you for surgery but also will help after wards when you have to do the 2 week liquid diet again....well at least for me.

I give you kudos for not diving into the steak or the mac & cheese....I know I would be :P

Wow, that's fantastic! I would love to lose that! I'm hoping to at least lose 20 lbs before surgery. My surgeon doesn't require you to lose weight. But this pre op diet is for - dropping weight fast, so it can shrink the liver for easy access during the procedure. I'm liking the pre op diet also, it will be less to lose after the surgery. My stomach is creating lots of noises today. Lol

Wow, that's fantastic! I would love to lose that! I'm hoping to at least lose 20 lbs before surgery. My surgeon doesn't require you to lose weight. But this pre op diet is for - dropping weight fast, so it can shrink the liver for easy access during the procedure. I'm liking the pre op diet also, it will be less to lose after the surgery. My stomach is creating lots of noises today. Lol

Mine was making a lot of noise on Monday. It was funny and at one point I laughed out loud. They say it gets louder after surgery......I wonder what I'll call my stomach than!

Welcome back! I can't believe we are actually in May already!! I love this group we have. It's great that we have so much support from one another. How long is your puree diet?

Surgery date: May 14' date=' 2013[/quote']

2 weeks and then 2 weeks liquids..are you nervous yet?

I just got all my pre op diet stuff from my nut. I don't know what to think of it I guess it's going to have to wait until i start my pre op diet on sat.

I think it just dawned on me that my surgery is tomorrow. I think it's starting to all feel so real! Couldn't be more excited!