Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

Surgery at ten Am. It just got real peoples!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

Hope all goes well see ya on the losing side

Hoping all the April er's who have had surgery are doing good. It's a big list this month! I had all my pre op testing done today. One more step closer to surgery date April 22. I almost chickened out this morning...so glad I didn't!!!

Hoping all the April er's who have had surgery are doing good. It's a big list this month! I had all my pre op testing done today. One more step closer to surgery date April 22. I almost chickened out this morning...so glad I didn't!!!

Dont chicken out it will turn out ok

Surgery at ten Am. It just got real peoples!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

Mines at 8am!! I'm excited and nervous. It feels so surreal

Jessica, SD 4-11-13 follow me on Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013

Just got my date today, April 22!! Woot woot! It's happening so fast. I have all my post op diet appointments and lab work next week. Anyone have any suggestions what I should buy or have on hand for the hospital and my first few weeks home??

things you need for the hospital:

toothbrush, paste , floss

pillow to hold tummy on ride home

comfy, loose clothes for the ride home

slip on shoes

phone and charger

chapstick

books, magazines, iPad

deodorant and powder

Stuff I have on hand for my first two weeks post -op at home are:

sugar free Jello

sugar free popsicles

broths (chicken, beef, veggie)

Many different flavors of Crystal light and Sugar Free Hawaiian punch

Clear Protein drinks--Isopure, Unjury unflavored, Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel and Twisted cherry.< /p>

Extra strength Gas-X

Celebrate Bariatric Vitamins (multivit, Calcium, B12, Iron)

Second Stage or "Full liquids" weeks 2-4

strained Soups (cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, cream of celery, Tomato bisque)

Milk based Protein Shake mixes like Syntrax Matrix strawberry Cream and EAS vanilla

Skim milk or soy milk

Hope this helps! I'm sure you will get more info at your pre-op appointments. Every doc has different guidelines as far as what they want you to eat when.

:) good luck everyone going in tomorrow!!!

Well I finally made it home. It's so nice to be in my own space. Catheter came out today, which wasn't too bad. I couldn't feel the drain tube coming out at all either--I was surprised. I walked a whole bunch today at the hospital to fend off boredom. The soreness in my tummy is slowly going away. I have 5 incision sites as well as the one from the JP drain. very little bruising noted. I did take one dose of liquid Lortab when I got home, but I don't feel like I need to take another one yet.

Unfortunately I did gain about 8 pounds in the hospital, I guess from the IV fluids. Hopefully that will go away quickly.

Let me know if I'm missing anyone!

April 11th

hockeymumzie

skinnyjess2013

April 12th

snow853521

w106fox

April 13th

jaye1464

April 15th

coolnessa22

MrsLulu

aprildiva22

April 16th

erikaloftin

pebulzs

superfinebysummertyme2013

April 17th

Kystal7k

Beana21

April 18th

Paul MacKay

juliz1972

April 22nd

Kat23

Dorian

Ab1986

BethAnn

KellBell5

April 23th

Olivereindeer

Jodibee

IChatman

April 24th

jannyb35

mel1975

April 25th

mavourneen

Sparklette

NycGal

April 29th

nnaddour

brandnewme2013

Rem

Kimberly

Pending dates

rongee2099

prittygirl214

terry1118

anm1063

nursemissy

Well I finally made it home. It's so nice to be in my own space. Catheter came out today, which wasn't too bad. I couldn't feel the drain tube coming out at all either--I was surprised. I walked a whole bunch today at the hospital to fend off boredom. The soreness in my tummy is slowly going away. I have 5 incision sites as well as the one from the JP drain. very little bruising noted. I did take one dose of liquid Lortab when I got home, but I don't feel like I need to take another one yet.

Unfortunately I did gain about 8 pounds in the hospital, I guess from the IV fluids. Hopefully that will go away quickly.

You are doing amazing! Thanks for sharing your list of things we might need. I'm going to copy it and print it out :)

Well I finally made it home. It's so nice to be in my own space. Catheter came out today' date=' which wasn't too bad. I couldn't feel the drain tube coming out at all either--I was surprised. I walked a whole bunch today at the hospital to fend off boredom. The soreness in my tummy is slowly going away. I have 5 incision sites as well as the one from the JP drain. very little bruising noted. I did take one dose of liquid Lortab when I got home, but I don't feel like I need to take another one yet.

Unfortunately I did gain about 8 pounds in the hospital, I guess from the IV fluids. Hopefully that will go away quickly.[/quote']

Congrats on being at home. Hope all goes well there. The extra pounds should go away quickly!

Awww man! It is nice to see my name move up on the April dates list!!! So close, but still feels like forever!

Awww man! It is nice to see my name move up on the April dates list!!! So close' date=' but still feels like forever![/quote']

Yes me to

Woohoo' date=' I had my surgery yesterday morning (April 8 @ 7:30am). Surgery went very well no complications at all, they had me up and walking by 7pm no Water allowed yet except for these lollipop looking sponge things that I could suck a bit of water out of. I couldn't sleep too well the first night not because I was just in a hospital or anything, I kept falling asleep and when I'd wake it felt like a few hours but it would only be like 40 mins, it drove me crazy then around midnight I had a little chest pain scare but the doctor prescribed some other meds and upped my pain killers and I was finally able to sleep for a few hours. Other than that I'm doing great up walking got my water finally and looking forward to going home and start this new life.....[/quote']

So happy for you! Now you are on the losers bench!!! ????

My surgery date is May 13th. I have finished everything' date=' so just waiting for surgery. I am getting a little nervous but also excited.[/quote']

It will be here before you know it! Your emotions will be like a roller coaster. It's natural.

Gl april 11s