Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I'm getting squishy! Lol before I had the surgery I swore I'd come out of this looking very disproportionate because some areas, like my hips, are hard and not squishy fat. So I thought they were more bone than anything else. They're getting squishy now! And I'm also getting bat wings. Oh well.

I started the elliptical at the gym today. Did 5 minutes and was exhausted. How the heck do people do an hour of that thing at a time?!

And I swear my boobs are getting smaller. One of them almost fell out of my bra yesterday. I have a friend who had the surgery a few years ago and now wears 2 bras at a time. I swore I'd never do that. Well guess what I've been doing at the gym for the past week. :-/

Have my 6 week checkup next week. I have to remember to ask when I can start regular pills again. Doing ok with Protein. Have good days and bad days. Mostly good. It's so much easier to do grocery shopping now. I know what I can/can't eat and I stick to those things. I don't even look at anything else.

Only issue is that they only gave me one month of Prilosec, and if I miss a pill my tummy gets very angry with me. So I had to buy some chewable Pepsid.

I'm wrong. Also having an issue with eating slow enough and figuring out when I'm full. Have had several times when I've gotten sick. Friday night I got fish and chips. Peeled the batter off and ate just the fish. Was very sick not too long later :( Not sure if its because of the little bit of batter I did have (one bite, I swear) or what. I know I'm fine with fish.

I'm wrong. Also having an issue with eating slow enough and figuring out when I'm full. Have had several times when I've gotten sick. Friday night I got fish and chips. Peeled the batter off and ate just the fish. Was very sick not too long later :( Not sure if its because of the little bit of batter I did have (one bite' date=' I swear) or what. I know I'm fine with fish.[/quote']

Fish and chips MINUS the chips. Had only about 3 of the BF's chips.

I'm wrong. Also having an issue with eating slow enough and figuring out when I'm full. Have had several times when I've gotten sick. Friday night I got fish and chips. Peeled the batter off and ate just the fish. Was very sick not too long later :( Not sure if its because of the little bit of batter I did have (one bite' date=' I swear) or what. I know I'm fine with fish.[/quote']

Maybe the fat from the grease the fry it in?

Maybe the fat from the grease the fry it in?

I was thinking the same thing....

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

I'm finding that my pouch really like warm almost hot tea and ice ice cold drinks. Doesn't like room temperature beverages, weird

I was thinking the same thing....

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

So was I. I didn't think the grease would effect the fish itself, that's why I just peeled off the batter. Maybe I was wrong.

I'm finding that my pouch really like warm almost hot tea and ice ice cold drinks. Doesn't like room temperature beverages' date=' weird[/quote']

I thought it was weird but I'm the same way. Room temp Water actually makes me nauseous.

I am starting to feel this surgery will not work for me. I was 217 on surgery day and it is 7 weeks and I am only 197. I have lost nothing for 3 weeks! I get at least 50 oz of Fluid in and have been getting at least 60oz of Protein. Confession is that I have not been exercising!! I had an open RNY and recovery was rough and then got bronchitis and am still suffering airway issues but don't want to take steroids. Will walking everyday really move the scale? ?? I hope so, I am being honest, so no haters respond.

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 194 GW 140

I am starting to feel this surgery will not work for me. I was 217 on surgery day and it is 7 weeks and I am only 197. I have lost nothing for 3 weeks! I get at least 50 oz of Fluid in and have been getting at least 60oz of Protein. Confession is that I have not been exercising!! I had an open RNY and recovery was rough and then got bronchitis and am still suffering airway issues but don't want to take steroids. Will walking everyday really move the scale? ?? I hope so' date=' I am being honest, so no haters respond.

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 194 GW 140[/quote']

With an open procedure you need to be kind to yourself. Can you do 6 five minute walks per day? Try upping your protein a bit if you can. Your body is trying too heal, so take care.

I am starting to feel this surgery will not work for me. I was 217 on surgery day and it is 7 weeks and I am only 197. I have lost nothing for 3 weeks! I get at least 50 oz of Fluid in and have been getting at least 60oz of Protein. Confession is that I have not been exercising!! I had an open RNY and recovery was rough and then got bronchitis and am still suffering airway issues but don't want to take steroids. Will walking everyday really move the scale? ?? I hope so' date=' I am being honest, so no haters respond.

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 194 GW 140[/quote']

I've lost 16 since surgery and about a pound the last 2 weeks....it will come, have faith! But yes walking will change it. A-you'll burn calories, calories used = weight lost, B-you'll build muscle mass, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn on a daily basis just doing normal day to day functions, C-you'll just feel better, exercise releases endorphins which in general are natural uppers....so yup, time to get up and out! My goal for this week is to start doing 1 Protein Drink a day....my protein has been borderline for the last 2 weeks, since I cut out the protein drinks....about the same time my weight loss quit. ::sigh:: why can't I just for a couple weeks be one of those people that loses 10 pounds a week????? Pretty please????

I am a punisher also I expect big big things. Truth is we have to be patient. Have you lost inches? I am 7 weeks out yesterday I lost 17 pounds before surgery and 26 since with a total of 43. My starting weight was 244 so I am so close to Onederland. I drank some wine this weekend and I went up a pound. Ugh!! I guess I deserve that. I do work out. Just hang in there it will come. I get scared mine isn't working also. I rarely have any problems and am always hungry 2 hours after I eat. Which my doc says is in my head. We all just have to be more patient I know but when you are eating less than 600 calories a day and working out I feel like it should just be falling off.

Thanks all, I just got back from a brisk 1 HOUR walk listening to music and yelling at myself for being lazy. I even jogged from 8 house away back home pretending I was being chased. LOL. So far today and its 11:09am I have had 1 shake 30g Protein 160 cal and a 20g Protein Bar 180 cal !!! I need to hold myself accountable!

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 197 GW 140