Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

That sounds great!!! I get stuffed just on three shrimp. How much salmon were you able to eat?

3 shrimp and two bites salmon but every bite was yummy...I love to cook and cook fresh. My hubby was happy he had two rose potato and grilled zucchini . I can't wait to incorporate veggies I miss them as an adult I learned to like veggies. We eat really healthy and very organic:-)

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,208.8

vanilla cinnamon swirl???? Where??? That actually sounds palatable!!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8[/quote']

We have a hyvee here in KS- it's this brand...

NNW Healthy 100% whey

3 shrimp and two bites salmon but every bite was yummy...I love to cook and cook fresh. My hubby was happy he had two rose potato and grilled zucchini . I can't wait to incorporate veggies I miss them as an adult I learned to like veggies. We eat really healthy and very organic:-)

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently' date='208.8[/quote']

We cook fresh and healthy also. I really miss salad. We live in Alaska and eat a lot of salmon and wild game. It's so healthy to eat that way. I will be so excited to eat my veggies!!!

So excited about an app that I am using. MyNetDiary. I log in the food that I'm eating and it keeps track if Protein and calorie intake. I'm working on getting more calories and protein, and this app really helps me. Plus, I want to get in the habit of keeping a food journal now so it will stick with me later. Many nutritionists and weight loss experts recommend food journaling. I've also been enjoying browsing for mummy healthy recipes on pinterest. I can't believe all the delicious things you can do with cous cous and cauliflower!!

K so I'm so tired of the same puréed/ soft foods I figured I should try stove top it's soft and I really need the calories only getting mayb 500 or less a day:( stove top is not sitting very well n only had abt 1 1/2 tbs:. Wil not b doin that again!

K so I'm so tired of the same puréed/ soft foods I figured I should try stove top it's soft and I really need the calories only getting mayb 500 or less a day:( stove top is not sitting very well n only had abt 1 1/2 tbs:. Wil not b doin that again!

I know, I'm bored of eating....how the heck did that happen????

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

I am wiped out!!! Spent the weekend camping in freezing weather with cub scouts, down in the mid 20's at night (thank god for the electric blanket!!!). I am so tired and sore (I'm guessing from sleeping on the ground). I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!!!!

So glad our entire group of Fabulous February's are finally on the flip side!!!! Can't wait to see what the next few months holds for all of us :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

You are a braver woman than I am!! Congratulations on the amount of energy you have!!!

I got like 50+ ounces in of clear liquid for today do you think thats ok

I was told that *any* liquid counts as liquid. So if I have 12 ounces of milk, I add that to my liquid intake. If I sip on a cup of broth, that counts too. I try to get 64 ounces daily, but it's a chore!

Good Monday evening, all! We're digging out of a snowstorm here in Minnesota (well, not me, my kids are -- hooray for slave labor! JK :D)

To bring you all up to date, I lost a remarkable 15 pounds in my first week postop, then stalled for a whole week. It is very frustrating at this stage of the game to not see the scales move. But then, hurrah! I've been losing about a pound a day since. I've decided not to weigh myself daily, but to wait until Fridays, that way if there is some fluctuation due to Water retention or whatever, I don't get discouraged.

I'm noticing changes already. The skin on my upper arms (soon to be known as "batwings") is drooping more, and my belly is noticeably smaller (well, to me anyway). My skin is unbelievably dry (I moisturize daily and have cut back on showering to twice a week, washing my hair in the sink as needed), and I am beginning to see bone structure on my face and neck. It's exciting, and a little scary. I know it's just a matter of a month or so until I start seeing hair in the bathroom drain. :(

How are the rest of you doing? Are people beginning to notice? What changes have *you* noticed?

Good Monday evening' date=' all! We're digging out of a snowstorm here in Minnesota (well, not me, my kids are -- hooray for slave labor! JK :D)

To bring you all up to date, I lost a remarkable 15 pounds in my first week postop, then stalled for a whole week. It is very frustrating at this stage of the game to not see the scales move. But then, hurrah! I've been losing about a pound a day since. I've decided not to weigh myself daily, but to wait until Fridays, that way if there is some fluctuation due to Water retention or whatever, I don't get discouraged.

I'm noticing changes already. The skin on my upper arms (soon to be known as "batwings") is drooping more, and my belly is noticeably smaller (well, to me anyway). My skin is unbelievably dry (I moisturize daily and have cut back on showering to twice a week, washing my hair in the sink as needed), and I am beginning to see bone structure on my face and neck. It's exciting, and a little scary. I know it's just a matter of a month or so until I start seeing hair in the bathroom drain. :(

How are the rest of you doing? Are people beginning to notice? What changes have *you* noticed?[/quote']

Cecilia, Me too I noticed loose skin and dry lots of moisturizer. I am taking 5000 mcg of Biotin it,helped when i had my lapbands. Just yesterday was the first day I felt really good and went out with the hubby on errands walked a a lot of course over did it. Very sore today and started back at work today half day. I'm going to do some small weight on my arms tonight and work up . I've been dropping weight fast and hadn't been able to walk do to horrific pain. Suggestion dont wash hair everyday if you can and wash with biotin Shampoo. I'm tracking Hair loss, too with my drain cover very little I attribute this to the biotin it worked in the past. Interesting I drank a ton of water yesterday didn't have to relieve my self all day when this happens to me my body has been sufficiently hydrated.

Ps also taking 1000 mcg of B-12 sublingual.< /p>

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6

I didn't fart much at all in the hospital, and I didn't poop until 5 days post op. even that wasn't much. What do they expect to come out when you haven't eaten anything solid in a week? Lol

I've been incredibly lucky so far. Not much pain, I haven't taken pain meds since I was in the hospital. Tolerating everything pretty well. I just cheated and had about a dimensions semi-sweet chocolate chips. I HAD to chew something, and they liquified before I even swallowed them. And less sugar in those than in my unsweetened applesauce. It felt phenomenal to chew something.

Re-Birthday: 2/27/13

I have noticed this especially in my arms. Just curious my dr isn't having me take any of my Vitamins yet except my Iron any others doing this I will be 3 week post op Thursday but I spent nearly the first 2 weeks in the hospital they. Give me potassium and some Vitamin K when I was in hospital

I feel pretty ok! Not too much pain, but gas pain was awful. Lots of milk of magnesia finally moved that along!

On Clear Liquids and will be for a week more. Yuck.

How are the rest of you?

Surgery 2/28/13

You are a braver woman than I am!! Congratulations on the amount of energy you have!!!

I was told that *any* liquid counts as liquid. So if I have 12 ounces of milk' date=' I add that to my liquid intake. If I sip on a cup of broth, that counts too. I try to get 64 ounces daily, but it's a chore![/quote']

I have no energy!!! I'm totally exhausted and barely dragging through the day. I keep satin today is the day I start going on a walk but by the time I get home from work and seeing 25 patients I'm exhausted and lucky to get my kiddo fed! I think I'm done with all the wild stuff and will be able to slow down and chill a bit for the next week.

I feel pretty ok! Not too much pain' date=' but gas pain was awful. Lots of milk of magnesia finally moved that along!

On clear liquids and will be for a week more. Yuck.

How are the rest of you?

Surgery 2/28/13[/quote']

I had surgery on 2/28/13 too! I also have not used prescription pain med since coming home Saturday. The only incision that gives me pain is the left upper incision & it only hurts if I'm getting up or getting up from a seated position or if I bend in that direction. Gas was more explosive than painful & I began loose bowel movements several times a day as soon as I got home. Today I finally had a normal bowel movement and only 1! Yay! Gas is less today & bloating has gone down a lot. I do get some pain in that left incision if I try to walk very far. Haven't done as much of that as I should. I'm doing great with getting my Water, Vitamins, crushed or chewable meds, & Protein Shakes in. I've also had some chicken broth & some sugar free Jello. I'm on full liquids for 2 weeks post op & then ill be on puréed for 2 weeks. After that I'm in fork tender foods until 6 months post op.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk