Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 Bandsters Unite!

Hey Astro - sorry your having some problems. We were done the same day. My incisisions all look great - healing very fast. No itch, no redness, no heat. When I shower, I am using that yellow antiseptic soap they gave me to clean all around the wound areas. I would say you might want to talk to a doc. I noticed Yasmina had an infection - so, take note. Let us know how you are.:)

I am feeling pretty good. Decide after a rough weekend to take another week off. Don't help that I hate my job. Tried scrambled eggs yesterday BIG mistake. Otherwise I feel okay. Have my FU with Dr Malley on Friday.

Joan

ONE DAY POST OP

Had surgery Feb. 13. A little gassy. A little sore. Nothing major. So far, so good. Lost 14lbs on pre op diet, Hope that's just the beginning. I need to drop about 110lbs. Lots OF luck to everyone.

Ok guys tell me this,is it normal for incision area to be really itchy ...today it's been driving me to distraction, it's red in those areas too,my surgery was 7 days ago:help: .

Did they use steristips, because you may be allergic to them if they did. By the way Im DooneyJC and I will be banded Feb 20th, Im very very nervous and trying really hard to stick to the pre-op diet. You guys have a wonderful support forum here, I've been reading through lots of your post and have learned a great deal of information, thanks!:clap2:

Hey guys, 1 day post op here and feeling great. Just the tight chest from gas and I slept with a heating pad on my shoulders last night. I am surprised at how well I am moving about. I am so glad everytihng went smoothly.

I'm happy for you Becca,just to have it done with was a hugh relief for me.Hopefully your this week will be like my last week where improvements are noticeable everyday.8 days out and I feel close to back to normal,scars are a little itchy but thats it. So Time for Becca's Journey to begin:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: !!

Hey Becca glad you are back and that everything went so well. Enjoy your first cup of Soup. :hungry:

I still have a little gas to contend with but the one incision that was hurting is no longer a problem, but boy oh boy do I want to take off these strips they look so unclean.

Way to go all you newly banded stomachs. Conroe, good luck - you will love your new way of life. Becca, been following your progress to bandland and just know we are all on the sidelines cheering you on. Hey Astro - good to hear your feeling better. :clap2:

Hay Everyone.... getting banded tomorrow (16ht) by Dr. Leung in Surrey, BC. 3 months from my 37th B-Day. I can't wait to see the difference 3 months will make. What can I say that you guys haven't already lived through? I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. Tyring not to think about the 30 day clear liquid diet I am going to have to stick to after surgery and most of all trying to keep my mind focused on work... and you can see how well that is going! tee hee! Had a dream last night that I went shopping one day after the surgery... *sigh*... if only!

Thank you to all who post on this site... its been a god send for me!! I will keep you updated on my journey with the lap band.