Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 60. Anyone else over 50 doing RNY?

Good luck to both of you! We'll be anxious to hear.

Hello everyone! I will be 56 this year. i just had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago on March 25 th.I am doing fine every day's a learning experience .I have a little trouble Eating. I to also have the belching going on but all in all I'm doing better I lost 25 pounds so that's it! Good Luck ladies! You Will all do just fine. A new beginning is just around the corner.

Yes I am 52 and had surgery in march

Congrats! How r u doing?

Hello everyone! I will be 56 this year. i just had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago on March 25 th.I am doing fine every day's a learning experience .I have a little trouble Eating. I to also have the belching going on but all in all I'm doing better I lost 25 pounds so that's it! Good Luck ladies! You Will all do just fine. A new beginning is just around the corner.

That's wonderful, Drucella. Congrats on surgery and success. The eating will (unfortunately?) get easier. Good luck on your journey!

My mom is 65 and just got approved for RNY.

Great! She's not alone. Let her know there are lots of baby boomers here for her. When is her surgery? Please wish her well.

Maybe I am the oldest! I'm 63 and had surgery 12-10-12. I actually had revision from band to RNY and had a few complications with the band removal, but even so I was only in the hospital for 4 days. A week after I was released I went to a Christmas party at work. I couldn't eat anything but was glad I went even though I was really tired afterward. I worked off and on during the holidays and went back full time on January 2. I've lost abt 36 lbs. not a lot compared to some but I'm happy I took this step.

BTW, there is a forum called something like age specific GBS or something like that. It hasn't been very active but u might want to check it out and post there. I'm subscribed to it.

Good luck! Stay in touch.

I will be 62 this month (May) and I am having a revision from Lap Band to RNY....I have had so many fills and unfills it is CRAZY! I have tried MANY diets too. I am VERY active, so decided I needed a different type of "help" in the weight loss department. Is is more difficult having a revision. Did GREAT with the surgery on LB, but just a little nervous on the RNY....more invasive.....

Hello I'm 66 and had surgery 2/26/13. So far down 35 pounds and doing great. Never have been sick or anything. Only thing I'm having a problem with is my hair. It is currently breaking off and my hairdresser is having a fit (so am I). I heard it was low Protein so I'm currently trying to increase my protein intake. Best decision I've ever made. When I was in the hospital I was the oldest one there. I walked up and down the halls with the best of them. I go for my 3 month check up in about a week and a half. I hope my bloodwork is good. I feel great.

Great! She's not alone. Let her know there are lots of baby boomers here for her. When is her surgery? Please wish her well.

Her date is June 12th. Thanks !

I am 70 three months away from 71. Having lap band out end of the month, then onto RNY in about three months. I'll basically do whatever to prolong my life, so looking forward to bypass and hopefully will get the last few pounds off.

Hello! was banded at age 56 and having issues with it and now surgeon says that bypass would now be a better decision for me. I am wondering too if I've waited too long. I want to have it very badly in hopes of ridding diabetes that the band and I never achieved.

Hello! was banded at age 56 and having issues with it and now surgeon says that bypass would now be a better decision for me. I am wondering too if I've waited too long. I want to have it very badly in hopes of ridding diabetes that the band and I never achieved.

No you are good I was banded twice 2008 and 2009 then bypass 2013 at 53

weight.png

I had RNY on 8/13/2012 at the age of 62. I have lost 98 pounds in 10 months

. I don't get in as much exercise as I would like to. Mainly just walk and do yard work.

I eat Protein first and very little carbs. I do eat wheat crackers and cheddar cheese for a snack .

I wish I had lost more by now but I am so glad to be rid of the extra weight. Even though this has been a trying journey I am so thankful to have this much of the saga behind me.

I can 't wait to see what the future holds.