Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I am SO in for the cabin!! I also vote for no DH's....or, if you do bring a DH he has to sleep somewhere else and he can't show up before noon !! LOL I'm staying in my jammies 'til then!

OMG -- are we really going to be able to do this??? I won't be able to sleep until then!!!

I know... and I can drive there... even better1!!!!!!!

well i'm off to work

i love horseback riding... but have been such a fat ass for so long I wouldn't do it... I can't wait!

Hopefully we'll all be in relatively good shape 1 year post-op, so outdoor activities won't be such a pain (for me anyway). But I still like the idea of relaxing!!

Extended weekend would work best for me, due to work.

Fri-Mon kind of thing?

Hey Angie!

A cabin north of Washington DC maybe, if we can pull it together. Sometime in April 08. Join us!

Hey where are you guys going? I have been out of the 'net' for awhile and am trying to catch back up!

HI ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOU! 163lbs

OK Laura: Holidays have ALwAys been a deal for me...

This is how it works in our home........ (my christmas MUST attend function is CHRISTMAS EVE with my family) moms side... it's been a THANG even before I was born.... so we do Christmas eve at mine, and Christmas day with his sister... (which is HIS THANG)

Thanksgiving used to be my dads family but that petered out long ago.... so we go to Charles sisters......

I don't know what would happen if we had major conflicts with Christmas eve....... the only bad thing is his boys are always with their mom on Christmas eve and Him on Christmas Day.... so we do A LOT OF RUNNING

I guess my advice would pick ONE function that is non negotiable and then negotiate on the others..... and yes you have to give HIM SOMETHING

Just called and scheduled a fill for the 29th BEFORE the cruise. We had it scheduled for the 19th of Nov. after the cruise, but both Bob and I are getting hungry between meals and I don't want to get on the ship and start eating like we know we shouldn't. I'd rather be a restricted and have to be careful than to be hungry and grazing on all the food available.

AND.. I put an ad in our local paper about a lapband support group. It appeared this morning and I've had 2 calls about it so far. I'm excited. I can't travel 4 hours one way for a support group and I knew there were others here in Alpena that had the surgery done, so I figured I'd put out the word and see if there was an interest. I'm going to wait until we have 6 people for sure and then get a room at the church and get started! I did steer one lady to LBT telling her it is the best message board online! She had her surgery done in June and had lost 55#. The gentleman that called had it done in 2003 and has lost 100#. He said he had not had a fill in a year.. amazing.

Time to get lunch ready for Ethan and his grandma and grandpa.

TTFN..

Chica....in Nov. we are going to the Western Caribbean, in February to the Eastern Caribbean and next October to the Eastern Caribbean again. So much to see and enjoy!! And who knows.. maybe by next October I'll be looking at a bikini.. HA.. looking at it, but buying a one piece!!

I am also going on a cruise in November. We have the same idea about getting a fill before getting on the ship. My fill is scheduled for the 23rd. I'm even tempted to have them serve me a diabetic diet in the dining room. We are going to the Western Caribbean out of New Orleans. What cruise line are you going on?

I am also going on a cruise in November. We have the same idea about getting a fill before getting on the ship. My fill is scheduled for the 23rd. I'm even tempted to have them serve me a diabetic diet in the dining room. We are going to the Western Caribbean out of New Orleans. What cruise line are you going on?

We're going on Royal Caribbean... Enchancement of the Seas. February is Celebrity Millinneum and Oct. is Royal Caribbean again.. Mariner of the Seas.

Can't wait!! Also can't wait to see if we can pull together a long weekend for the Violets!!! We'd have an absolute BALL together!!!

The past few weeks have been really hard for some reason. I have been eating sweets like they are never going to appear again. I need to stop, I tell myself to stop, but I don't. I tell myself no sweets today, but I still eat them.

I had somebody come up to me Sunday at church and said how skinny I was. I am still over 100 pounds overweight, I am not skinny. I said thank you and changed the subject, but it did aggravate me. I thought I was the only one who felt like that.

I also had am MRI monday just for a routine check up because I had a brain tumor 10 years ago, and they couldn't get it all because of where it was, so I get it checked out every couple of years to make sure of no growth. I am always a mess before and after til I get to the Dr.s and he tells me it is fine. I mean after 10 years of it not growing, it is not going to start now.

I think I am in a blue funk or maybe I should make that a VIOLET FUNK!

Terry--thanks again.

Jane

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUU..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MS. JENNNNNNN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUUUU!!:cool::rolleyes::Banane08::happybday:

Hey Violets~

I am totally freakin out about the idea of a Violet get together!! That would be so great! We need to make sure everyone can go...I mean everyone. Michelle, post that link again or start another thread when you get a chance. I'm w/ Terry...jammies until noon, then cocktails!

Susanne surprised me today. She called at 3:30 and said she was in Riverside (1/2 way here). Anywho, I came home, whipped up some spaghetti and I went to jazzercise! Man, that class kicks my ass...love it!

Gotta run and do some work while Susanne watches Young and the Restless!

xoxoxoxo

Pamela - How far apart do ya'll live from each other?

Mmmmmm! Cocktails!

HOLA GALS!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmm. lets see... where to start... of course i'm just getting in my work. I am so tired lately.

Laura - hugs on the holiday bs... I'm kind of jealous listening to all your dilema's of where to go... well, I don't really have family here, my mom lives with me and my sister is married so they do stuff with his family, my dad is around now that i'm working for them again, but they have their own family... So.. no problem here, I hang out at home with my kids and love them to death... OH... dbf... can't deal so don't... he knows where we live.

Jane - HUGS... i am sure you are fine but can see how that can make you crazy waiting. no sweets. THROW THEM ALL AWAY!!!! I have 1/2 c Eddy's no sugar or 1/2 the fat ice cream every night... will that be satisfying? Tell me what you are munching on and I'll find you an alternative. We have all had our struggles and we have all been there for each of us... YOUR TRUN GIRLFRIEND!!!

April 08- I'm in - fri-mon long weekend is perfect. I am so excited... see time found the perfect answer.

Can't wait to claim my loss in the am... I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is the same!