Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning everyone.

Here goes another day, deep breath. I am very bloated and gained 3lbs this am, I think it was the shrimp I ate yesterday - something new but I feel like I'm full of Water.< /p>

Anyway, i'm going to get ready for church. I am not going next weekend - we have a six flags trip planned.

I'll be back later, hope everyone has a great morning

Jennifur - Try really pushing the Water today and you may find you're ready to drop a pound or two. that seems to be my pattern.

Judy - You really are an amazing success story! I don't know how you're surviving on so few calories, but it's definitely working for you!! Congratulations on the 2# loss!!!!!

Angie - My son just started driving, too and we got him a (cheap) car so he could GET A JOB! Anyway, my best friend sold us her Pathfinder and within 9 days he had his first wreck!! Just a little fender bender and could have been much worse so grateful for that! But the experience taught him to be more careful and was a good lesson for him....took him down a peg, y'know? I'm really sorry about your wall!! :) But hey, maybe you could fill the trunk with dirt and plant some daisies!!

We went to a graduation party yesterday and I had ...I dunno...2 or 3 glasses of wine. I am SUCH a lightweight now that I have practically decided to quit drinking altogether. All it seems to do for me anymore is make me sleepy. What fun is that? And to think that a year ago I was drinking that much 3-5x a week!! :ermm: One more vice down the tubes.

Terry,

I can so relate to being an alcohol light weight now! I had 2 beers this weekend and went right to bed. Drinking just isn't fun anymore. I guess that is a good thing though!

Good morning my Shrinking Violets!:wave:

I think my fill is working. Weighted this AM and found I had lost :) since Tuesday and I haven't even walked this week (ok bad me:deadhorse: ) I'll walk this evening at the gym when I get off work.

I didn't feel much difference in restriction after the fill but it must be working. I also raised my calorie intake a little. I'm suppose to have 1200 but was only getting about 600 and I get more Protein in. Isopure is a god send 40 grams a bottle and I add a scoop of powder to my ESA drink for that added kick and it looks like it's working.

I'm so excited.:lalala:

Have a great day!

Good morning Violets!! Good news - I've hit the 230's mark finally!!! I weighed in this morning at 239.4!!! WOOOHOO!!! Next goal: 220's :)

Wow I didn't realize how much you use your muscles fishing - I woke up this morning and I'm a little sore! LOL

No plans for today - laundry and pick up the house a bit. Wait for my kids to get home. They went camping for the first time without me. Both of my daughters, my youngest daughter's boyfriend drove, and my 15 yr old niece went with them. They've been gone since Friday and have no cell phone service where they're at so I've been like a worried mother hen all weekend! LOL Thankfully they'll be home today. :what:

I hope that everyone has a restful and relaxing Sunday!!!!

Hey Everyone~

It is so nice to wake up and see how well everyone is doing. I am still at -23#, but hey, I'm not complaining. I went to doctor on Thursday and weighed myself. But I will take it.

I said I wasn't going to buy any new clothes until late August, when I go back to work. But yesterday, I went to Walmart and bought some cheapy shorts for the summer. I started this journey at 28/30, and sometimes 30/32:faint: . Well I bought 22, 24 and 26's yesterday! One pair of 24's are wayyyy too tight, and I will take them back tomorrow. Another pair of 22's fit perfect...???? Anyway, I am glad. Now I need to take the tags off everything, put deep in the drawers and tell my partner, "Oh these, I've always had these, they are old." :what: :(:)

Angie~ Your story about your DD was funny, maybe not to you, but was very funny to me. I am sorry that happened, and hope it is fixed soon. I loved loved loved Terry's idea about the dirt and flowers:biggrin1: .

Judy, congrats on your new charm. My poor little charm is sooooo lonely. But soon I hope to get another one.

Have a great day!!!

Hey!

Ok, you guys will be as sick of my wedding as I am by time this sucker happens.. I picked out my colors last night, and secured my last bride's maid (someone who I would have wanted to be one, but she moved to Oklahoma so wasn't sure if she'd be able to make it).. Navy Blue, Powder Blue and silver. Finalized who the wedding coordinator is and NOW.. due to the time restraints on the venue we picked, when fiance gets back in town tonight I'm going to work really hard to convince him to go with our 2nd choice of the Botanical Gardens where we will be able to get good deals and more time. I don't want to be rushed on my wedding, and it's becoming the logical choice to go with the gardens. I was picking out bridesmaid's dresses I liked last night. Maid of honor and both bride's maids are on the plus size.. so I was looking at flattering ones for that.. then we decided it would be nice if they had navy blue dresses and navy blue elbow gloves, and I'm in my white dress with white elbow gloves.. But my sister is one of the bridesmaids and she's got gaudy tattoos all over herself, so she has to have her arms covered.. and my maid of honor has a big tattoo across the top of her back, so she'll have to be covered. Grrr. Wraps and elbow gloves don't go together in my head. Maybe tattoo make up to cover it up with chiffon shrugs. But at least I picked my colors, thats a big start. I was really disappointed that since we moved it up a month we were no longer in winter and all the 'idea books' suggest harvest/autumn stuff like hay bales, pumpkins, etc.. sounds so tacky to me. I wanted my winter wonderland.. now I'll just have winter wonderland colors, but no theme.

Angie- I just posted this on another thread, according to the lap-band for life book--and what I've heard people say, it can take 2 weeks for you to feel the fill. It has to travel up the tube and shifts around, and air bubbles have to work out. Give it 2 weeks before scheduling another fill!

Laura,

I want to read that book too. Is it on Amazon? Is it worth it? Did you learn anything you didn't know, or did it just confirm what you've learned here? Oh yeah, on Tuesday night, could you PM the winner of Idol. I love that I have an "IN" on the east coast! If you don't mind.

Thanks.

Kity- I got it on Amazon. "Lap-Band for Life" by Dr. Ortiz.. I posted a couple pages back about it some things I learned that I never knew.. it is a good read and has valuable information in it. I read the whole thing in a couple hours (couldn't put it down). Like for instance, once you go to 'solids' stage you're not suppose to eat mushies anymore at all. I didn't know that! It says mushies will drain out too quick and you're left hungry, so it's like the idea of no Water with a meal, no mushies with a meal. Trying to practice that now, I've been eating mushies still. He says a scrambled egg is a solid, oatmeal is a mushie. I do recommend the book.

As for American Idol.. sure! But I can tell you who will win now..Jordan!! :) She's amazing, I would be shocked if Blake actually beat her. But I will PM you and let you know.

Good Sunday morning, Violets~~

Lapdancer: Thanks for the good thought -- I'll add it to my mantra rotation! Every little bit helps!

Terry & Kity: Thanks for the encouragement and warnings! That would really suck... having the scars but not the band... a constant reminder of your weakness. :)

Jenn: I am sending out positive thoughts to the universe for you! You are like the energizer bunny... you just keep on going! I love your "do what it takes" attitude! A LOT of people would just fall in a lump on the couch and blame all their troubles on "others" and wait for the situations to just magically improve... but not YOU! :) I strive to be that way and you are my role model!! Hang in there... you are tough!

Angie: Sorry about your car troubles, but it IS quite an entertaining visual!

Day 7... 8 to go... when I get through today, then the numbers shift & I'll have more days behind me than in front of me! W/each day I get a bit closer. And my weigh-ins don't hurt, either... yesterday was 302.2 & today was 300.2! I know the minute I put something in my mouth I'll instantly "gain" 10 lbs, but I figure that I'll try to get rid of as many of these pesky lbs as I can in the next 9 days! I'm not feeling AS hungry or desperate as I was last night, but I AM getting short-tempered & nasty w/my family... I seem to be losing patience as well as lbs! I'm also PMS time, so I'm sure it's the deadly combo of the two that has me barking at them. :( DH in particluar is driving me crazy... I'm reminding myself that it's all hormonal and that in a month I should be closer to "normal"... just ride it out... no major decision-making... just keep things calm & copasetic (sp?).

Off to clean the house -- no wonder I'm cranky! :what:

Hi Denise...congrats on the 230 somethings....i am 235 and can't wait to be 220 something too!!

Laura-you're wedding colors will be absolutely beautiful together!!

Pamela-I did the same thing as you at Walmart yesterday....and went down the same sizes too...feels great doesn't it? :)

I can not wait to be in onederland!! I have not seen that in over 10 years!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

TracyTX-Banded 04/11/07

257/235/160

Hi Denise...congrats on the 230 somethings....i am 235 and can't wait to be 220 something too!!

Tracy - Good luck getting to the 220's!!! That's my next short term goal - 10 more pounds and my BMI will be 39.3!! I will no longer be considered "extremely obese", I'll then be "obese" and on my way to overweight! LOL

This is so exciting!:clap2:

You guys are so FUNNY! I must admit the car story is funny. I can laugh about it now. My husband was making the same kind of jokes about using the car as a lawn decoration/flower planter etc. He said we could plant a tree under it and have a redneck tree house in the yard.

LauraJ23,

Thanks for the advice on the fill. I was so discourged when i didnt feel anything after such a large fill. That really makes me feel better. I am just worried if i wait two weeks then my Dr will be gone for a month on his African safari (nice huh)..... so maybe i will wait a week and ask him to tighten me up a little.

Thanks for everyones advice!

Adorable, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Where did you catch all those fish? Good job! You look so cute in your BAGGY <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Capri</st1:place>’s! We are going fishing tonight, my DH loves to fish – so far this year we have not caught one fish that was big enough to bring home! Maybe tonight is the night!! <o:p></o:p>

Hi everyone

Michelle, you are doing fantastic. I don't know how strong I really am, but what can you do. A ball with the blankets over my head is not an option. I don't know what I'm going to do, just going to somehow make it happen.

Everyone is doing so great. I am going to my nutritionist tomorrow and hopefully will get some real info i can use. Dad took us to TGI Fridays for lunch after church, I had 1/2 turkey burger with provo cheese, no bread and some creamed spinach. It was great and I can finish my burger later.

Terry? As for Water, I only had 6 full glasses yesterday and worked in the shop and today have already almost met my quota, but I am swollen, I can see it in my feet. I this is going to be something that I guess I"m going to have an issue with after working in the hot shop on my feet on the weekends.