Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terri,

I think it is like yours...it does the trick, it makes me sleepy though. I have no refills, but would imagine the doc would get me one if I did need. I am doing ok today. I had a yougart and Unjury strawberry mix...yummy, then a pudding, some Protein Powder, and it was ok. Doing the Isopure drink today, not the best tasting but it is ok. I am walking around the house, actually back and forth in between the den, dinning room and living room. It is 93 degrees today, and it does not feel good outside. Also, I second the suggestion about wearing comfy clothes. My tummy is so distended right now, from gas and being swollen. For our future bandsters...keep that in mind.

Tracy, I LOVE HAMBURGER HELPER!!! Wondering if I'll ever get that again???????????????

Actually I love it too.... and there is over a 3/4 of the deep dish skillet left.. I swear the MAN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COOK SMALL!!!!!!!!

So, I say... what do you want me to do with it? He says well if your really not going to eat any of it I guess you might as well throw it away! (If I would of had a weapon nearby I would of hit him with it.... I am a carnivor of a woman who's had liquids for 4 straight days and NOTHING but willpower for restriction.)

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!! ALL that food going to waste, my GOD man.. does he not understand me at all???? I have not thrown it out yet.......... But I have Kat in the back of my head... saying THROW IT AWAY... or that waste will go to your WAIST!!

Survivor is getting ready to come on and that is my son and my favorite show to watch together... (he's 3.5) I PROMISE I WILL THROW the men in my house out!!! ... uhhhh I mean their dinner. LOL

SOOOO...I JUST GOT BACK FROM SHOPPING AND HERE IS WHAT I BOUGHT.....

AdvantEdge shakes:

3 Carbs

3 Fat Grams

100 Calories

15G Protein

SlimFast Low Carb

4 Carbs

9 Fat Grams

180 Calories

20G Protein

ADVANTAGE Atkins

6 Carbs

9 Fat Grams

160 Calories

15G Protein

Viatciv chocolate Multi Vitamin Chews

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT ALL THIS IS OK...I LOOKED FOR JUST REGULAR Protein Powder AND NOBODY HAD ANY..I DID COME ACROSS SOME liquid Protein..LOOKED LIKE KOOLAID...ISO-SOMETHING-OR-OTHER

ALSO HAD A PRETTY LAME EXPERIENCE TODAY..I RAN INTO A FRIEND I HADNT SEEN IN A WHILE AND HE HAD THE GASTRIC BYPASS A FEW YEARS AGO AND HE LOOKS GOOD. HE TRIED TO TALK ME OUT OF HAVING THE LAPBAND, SAID I WILL NOT DO GOOD ON IT AND THAT IT IS PERMANENT NO REVERSABLE CUZ YOUR STOMACH MOLDS TO IT. HE ALSO HAD SOME BAD WORDS TO SAY ABOUT MY DR.....I FINALLY HAD TO TELL HIM THAT I DIDNT WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE!!!

The hunger is hitting me more today than before.... I'll have a glass of Water and then re evaluate!

Are you already doing pre-op? I started mine this past Monday and my surgery is Thursday, the 12th. I had already started watching myself, but didn't know the true meaning of hunger until yesterday!!!:hungry:

Things are much smoother now!

My advice to everyone is to make sure you can actually keep the Protein shakes down BEFORE you start your preop diet!!!! EAS premixed chocolate fudge...the way to go...

Also, read your doctors instructions well...I started myself on a variation of the Clear Liquids diet from Dr. Rumbaut on Monday and found that I've been torturing myself for the last three days...LONG story!!

JULLEE - you should refer your friend to the before & after thread on this forum!! Don't listen to people who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I was meaning to post this earlier, but felt a little too nauseaous to walk to the PC area. I had my surgery this morning and feel great. Apart from a little gas, dizziness and stomach soreness (just had chicken broth) I feel great. The pain is minimal at best.

I'm gonna go take a spin around the surgical center and go lay down. More information tomorrow.......

:)

Ok guys, there were like 8 pages of replies since I was last on my computer....no offence, i don't have time to go through all those posts one by one :-( sowwwwwwie!

But I wanted to say that being 4 days out......MUCH IMPROVEMENT!

WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK. I cannot stress that enough!

Yesterday and today I did a good bit of walking and I'm POSITIVE that's why I'm doing so much better today. Still sore obviously, but doing 100000 times better. I haven't taken pain meds since yesterday morning (they were making me sick, which lead to vomit - sorry if TMI - and we all know that's a bad thing).

So i've toughed it out and i'm doing much better. I'll try to keep up on the posts from now on, but i'm not positive i will (LOL), so if you want to make sure I see/read something, please PM it to me...otherwise I might not see it, and I don't want anyone to think i'm ignoring them! :)

Anyway, so far so good, again, today has been much better.

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that you're all in my thoughts - those just banded, and those still to be banded. We can do this!! :clap2:

-Panda-

Hi, Tracy! I saw where you posted on the BE-products thread that you really like the Isopure Protein water... I would love to try this, since it is a clear liquid and I must find one that I like- but I cannot find thsi Water anywhere (and Isearched gnc.com). please help!

My husband found some Isopure Protein flavored water for me at Vitamin Shoppe (if you have those near you), but I think they're kinda gross. All I can take is just to put a splash of some in the plain Water I drink all day so that's' not much protein!

Tracy---freeze the leftovers, and then one night after you are able to eat again, and you have little time, because you have been off working out---you will have a ready made dinner!!!

Yeah Terri, I did the Zero Carb Isopure---and they left a lot to be desired taste wise, but I will admit that I felt better when I made myself drink half in the morning, and half in the afternoon. I would fill a glass with crushed ice, and sip it (yes with a straw----I ALWAYS use a straw), when I would walk, then it would be done!!! When I boycotted them, I felt wiped out, just very tired....protein does help with that. You might try some of the unflavored powder---it was an easier do for me!

Good Luck guys!!!

Kat

Hey everyone! How's it going? I am much better today then I was the other day.

Chica Chula...THANK YOU!!!! I did finally talk to my hubby and since then has been eating what I eat at night.. he saves the other foods for during the day when I am not at home or when he is at work.

I am getting so excited.. I go tomorrow for my last pre op appointment and then next week is surgery. I have got my house cleaned..well. for the most part if I can get everyone to help me keep it clean would be better.. LOL.

I got my shipment of Protein Shake samplers yesterday! Oh my.. I was so excited unwrapping and looking at all the different kinds! Felt like Christmas! The really nice part of these samples I got is that they are all in 8 oz bottles and all but 6 or 7 of them require you to mix w/ 8 oz of liquid..(water, juice, milk or yogart). SO that will make it really nice to keep with me at work and on the go.. just find some Water, put in the sample bottle, replace lid and shake it up. Some of them sound so good...

Good night all!

Jullee- Funny you mention that.. I know of some people who have had WLS, and none of them had the Lap-Band (hence, I never knew about it till recently), but they all dropping weight like it's nothing from GB mostly. When I found out about lap-band and told them how I"m going to be joining them in the weight loss, they all turned their nose up at me. Saying Lap Band doesn't work, won't lose the weight, whatever you lose will come back yadda yadda. They keep saying I *have* to get GB if I want it to 'work'. Very weird, I kept telling them about this website and the statistics I have researched, and how I may be slower than GB, but I won't stretch my stomach out!

Of course, anyone interested, I already recommend Lap Band.. so I guess it's what you decide on. But I get irritated with my GB friends trying to push it.. I am comfortable with my decision.. if for whatever reason LB isn't for me and I don't lose it, THEN I can think about the more invasive surgery and other options. I'm pretty confident right now with LB though. Hell, I don't even have it and I'm already panicky about what I'm eating :)