Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi Everyone,

I went in for my visit w/ the surgeon today & scheduled for april 9th. I am afraid at this point only because it is "Elective" surgery. My starting weight was 226 and I am down to 213 on my own at this point. I am doing this because I am tired of the yo yo dieting and am very concerned over health issues that may arise from being overweight. The thinnest I have ever been is 110 @ age 10 so that gives you an idea of what I have struggled with my entire life.

Hi 3447. Congratulations on making that choice to go in a different direction. How exciting to have your date. ( I have my consulation with the surgeon March 19th). *I'm tired of the Yo Yo Syndrom too*

Hi all,

I am being banded Fri. Apr. 13th... food for me right now is my best friend.. I am so nervous and am already mourning food.. anyone else feel like this? I can't even imagine trying to diet right now...maggie

Maggie

I am so there with you, the only difference is if I gain a lb they can cancel my date and start over. I want to lose another 15lbs before 4/16 but am just happy that after having a bad week I have not gained anything at this point.

Hi All...and WOW...!!!!!!

There are is so much information from everyone :) Sorry Ive not responded before now, only I work away every week (only a couple of days) so thats why Ive not logged in.

Jennifer: Your surgery date is the same day as my youngest daugters birthday! :scared: and Im up for the exercise challege with you!!

Kat:Thank you so much for answering my questions, an 86lb loss is just fantastic! You must feel amazing. When I read you have no longer felt hungery since July (since your last fill) I long too to experience that feeling of feeling full, and not constantly graze.

JulieNYC: Wow thank you also for sharing your experience of the procedure and after. You were out of Hosp so quick, and back to work quick too (Im going to be booked off work for 2 weeks after). I too have a package that says I can have monthly one to ones with the dietician and up to 5 consultant checks etc, they did say in time I probably wouldnt need to come in monthly, but I think at first I'll be there until I feel more confident re diet and coping with it. It must have ben frustrating putting on weight initially pre fill, Im also pleased you mentioned about the fills dont hurt as I am a bit nervous about that. Wow...150lbs loss...that is just awsome Julie!

Day3447 & Terridoddle & Mdrai: I'm so plaesed your having surgery in April, look forward to talking to you all soon :scared: lol, I had trouble working out the trickerfactory thing,then it just suddenly appears!

Speak soon x

Sara

sounds good! So what 16 workouts for March which would equal out to 4 days a week?

I am so excited, getting so close and need some motivation to get to the gym i pay for every month!

Hello everyone! My surgery is scheduled for April 3 and I am so excited!! I finally decided to do this as I am turning 30 this year and I have been overweight all my life. I want to do so much and I am excited that this opportunity has come my way. I love the idea of having a group of online friends who are going thru the same type of situations as myself. I do have over 240 lbs to lose so I think this is the beginning of a long journey and I will look forward to the support from everyone!! Yeah for us!! We are on our way!!!!

Hi All :)

Sounds good Jennifur! Ok x 4 exercise workouts a week starting from now! (its the 1st of March...yippieee!!) Only a month to go....

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the group, hey thats great having surgery on the 3rd of April, Im having mine on the 2nd......

The April 06 Bandsters have set up an exercise challenge, so some of us in here are going to as well, so please join us...

So far Jennifur and I are up for the challenge...is any body else going too aswell?

Good Morning Everyone,

First, Welcome Jennifer -It is so very exciting

Well today is March 1 and ready for the challange, my son is home sick with me so i might just have to turn on the clothes rack OH sorry I mean treadmill LOL.

LOL!!!!!! Clothes rack....LOL....I have one of those too Jennifer, and it stands upright all alone in the office, I also have a rower and an elptical trainer Ive hardly ever use....I bought them a year or so ago now, You can't 'swing a cat' in this room its stuffed with office stuff and equiptment, trouble is im always scared if the jogger goes too quickly I'll slide off into me desk!

Ok I aim to do 30 mins today.....

I love walking but hate a treadmill. I can easily do 4 miles outside in the fresh air but can't do a mile on that stupid machine. I hate the way my legs feel like Jello when i am on it and have always had feet issues so they hurt so badly when i'm done

OK, so what you girlz are tellin' me is that I should forget about buying that treadmill I've been considering on Ebay....especially since the only place I can put it is my master bedroom!!? :)

LOL, at least if you have the treadmill in the bedroom you'll have a soft landing Terridoddle :)

I know what you mean jennifur re feet issues on the TM.....Im constantly watching I dont tread on the front bit....

Thing is we havent got long to go have we, Ive starved myself today (eating only a pear) then pigged out on Pasta (in cheese sauce) chicken & veg for dinner...not very healthy am I? I'm aiming to lose 14lbs before the 2nd of April....

This time next month we'll all be having kittens :scared: excited and nervous! & this time next year ...watch out world here we come....dressed in what ever we want...confident, sexy, looking good, and feeling FANTASTIC!! :D

OMG! :paranoid

This time next month!!!!....... :omg: .... :D:):bananapowerslide: