Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey Boo - just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss success - I'm so happy for you. I went for a band consult to get it out but Martinez talked me into to an UNFILL (AGAIN). I'm happier though cuz i'm eating better and haven't barfed yet - a record for me. He thought i would lose weight if i ate three meals and two Snacks a day - i told him if i could eat that much and even not lose i'd be happy - i've had Breakfast two days in a row and almost cried - i'm not to weigh for one month unless i feel like i'm gaining to give my body time to recover - he thought i was eating so inconsistently that my metabolism is messed up - i love being able to eat again~ keep up the good work - i am truly happy for you! mary

Boo is right, April is an ideal month to be banded!!! I also chat in the April '06 threads...and we do exercise challenges, but have also grown to a comfortable support group.

Being banded in April was ideal for me because it allowed me to be outside walking right away. Winter was mostly over, and the weather was pleasant to be out in. I walked in the begining almost exclusively because of my weight, to do much else was too strenuous. I have some bone issues that do not allow me to run, but I have joined Curves, and I play with my grandbabies...life has changed in this year---you have such amazing things ahead of you!!!

ENJOY---and come join us!

Kat

Hi Tracy and everyone,

I got approved today, couldn't believe it when the insurance company called me themselves. I am on for April 3. It seems that lately, I've been eating everything I can. Almost like, "gotta get it in now"...especially since I start my Medifast diet on March 21. I've gotta stop because if I don't I could easily put on 20 pounds before March 21. Anyway, I am scared about the surgery, and going back to life afterwards. :omg: I don't know how I'll feel. I am a middle school teacher, and I teach at the junior college 2 nights a week. Just hope I'll be "up to it". Anyway...glad to be part of the April-07 Bandsters...

PS- Lapband and my surgeon was on the news tonight talking about the Lapband...Very positive report.

WOW.. thanks for all the April 06 banders! :)

Congrats Kity on the date.. I will add you to the list...

I was off the boards yesterday... but back today.

I am another April 2006 Bandster chiming in with good wishes. The road has been amazing and so worthwhile. I remember the waiting (and I am a self-pay!!) but I never have done anything better for me or my family.

Today I ran 2.5 km and just felt like I ruled the world. Yep...this was the right choice for me.

Good luck to you all and ask questions if you have any.

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2006

Montreal

358/ 202/ 179

I run because now I CAN!!!!

Hi April 2007 Bandsters!

I'm another April 2006 bandster. Some of us were talking over on our exercise thread and we thought we'd like to formally offer our support to the April 2007 crowd. Whatever questions you have, bring them on! We'd like to be here for the April 2007 crowd, through the insurance issues, pre-surgery jitters, early days of quick weight loss, and long-term successes and challenges.

We have found that having a smaller support group within the larger forum of LBT has been a very effective tool for us in terms of integrating with our banded life and losing weight.

So, let us know if we can do anything for you, and please feel free to peruse the April 2006 threads (running weight loss and monthly exercise challenge) to get an idea of life next year....Feel free to PM me as well if you have quesions you don't want to address publicly.

Take care,

Thanks all you 2006 bandsters!!! :mad:

sorry I've been MIA.. my son got sick again and now I've been struck with it too....... I did get the letter from my doc yesterday stating what exactly my pre op diet is........... 24 hours of Clear liquids and nothing after Midnight before surgery...... THAT IS IT

I found out this week that my surgery is scheduled for 4/2. I am excited but really nervous at the same time. I am 5'8" currently at 336. I am only down 8lbs. since 11/06. Any advice on how to prepare over the next 6 weeks, words of wisdom, etc?

Any advice on how to prepare over the next 6 weeks, words of wisdom, etc?

I'm so excited for you, Adumont! You're going to do great and April will be here around the corner. My adivce for the next 6 weeks is to enjoy a few special meals, but don't fall prey to "last supper syndrome" and gain weight during this phase (which is common). It's not worth it. You WILL eat again. You'll have all your favorite things after banding as well. You are in control of your restriction level -- no one else, so don't fall into the "but I'll never eat pizza again, so I need to eat 6 slices now" trap.

You sound like you're doing great, so I hope this won't be too much of a problem for you. I think all weight loss without a band is impressive, so don't slight your accomplishment of losing during this phase. It's a wonderful thing and you'll be that much closer to goal once you get good and started.

Take care,

Tracey...I sure hope you and your little guy are feeling much better this morning!!

Congratulations adumont on your surgery date!!

I'm still waiting for my appointment dates (nut and psych), I want so bad to call the Surgeon's office this morning, but the Nurse from the seminar was very adamant about NOT calling myself, and just waiting for them to contact me. So I walk around with my cell phone permanently attched to my hip (think I'll start calling the phone my siamese twin). I'm afraid to set it down in case it rings and I dont hear it, I wont leave the house, not even to check the mail, without the phone!! I even take it with me when I get in the shower (at my MIL's house....long story, dont ask!! LOL)

OMG!!! Now I'm obsessed with the phone!!!

:help:

Morning all... I am back at work... a bit fuzzy headed and out of it, but I'm here!

So far I've had black coffee and 1 hb egg.. (I'm trying to cut the Creamer from my coffee getting back to basics)

I made my pre-op testing appointment with the hospital yesterday and I broke down and told my dad and step mom........ I put it to them like this:

I have news, and it is not up for debate, it is for informational purposes only! LOL......... I get every bit of my "hardheadedness" from my dad... and I just didn't want to hear him, but suprisingly they were both excited for me..... My dad is thin, and he never once has gotten on to me about my weight, but he was HELL on my mom..... (they were married for 23 years) anyway........ they have offered to take my son the entire weekend after my surgery! YIPPPEEEEE that will help a lot.

Thanks for starting an April thread. I initially decided I wanted the surgery in September and figured I'd be done by the end of the year and have some weight loss to show for it, but as you know, hiccups keep popping up. But I am so relieved now to finally have the date! I'm so excited to keep everyone posted and to see how everyone else is doing going through the same thing at the same time. :lol: