Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What size are you now?

This question has vexed me recently. I have lost 34lbs. I started out with Lane Bryant 18's, that I bought in January and February 2012. Those jeans now fall off me. I saved my "skinny" jeans from when I had lost some weight after my last baby Feb 2011, and am currently rocking those, they are also LB size 18. WTF?! With all the size changing, I no longer feel I will ever see single digits. I mean, seriously, if I have lost 34lbs and have 80 to go, does that mean I will only see a 14? Loosing the 80lbs will put me at the weight I was in high school, when I was wearing 6-8!!!

And we wonder why there is such an epidemic among our young girls to starve themselves and/or become bulimic?!?! Seriously! Since now size 12 is considered plus size, when in fact that size has been changed countlessly from its original size of 4, then dear God! We are defeating our young girls before they even try to love their bodies!!!

I started in 22w at 287 and now wear 18's a tad bit baggy and size 16 can fit depending on the type of jeans is snug. I wear 2x tops because I still have to cover up the belly roll so I don't like form fitting shirts. surgery was 2 months ago 10/29/2012 and today weigh 227

I am 5ft 9in tall, at my heaviest i was 375 lb. My surgery date was 8/8/12, im wearing a size 30. Now im on my way to a size 16 and i can wear a size 2x. I will be satisfied it I was to reach a size 12.

My RNY was on Oct. 15' date=' 2012 I was 276lbs today I am 221lbs and I'm 5'11". I started in a size 20, today I'm in a size 14.... My goal is size 8/10, but a dream would be to get into a size 6.[/quote']

Very possible I never thought I would be a size 2. You will be a size 6 in no time.

I started off at 24' date=' I can wear a size 20 I think if I got rid of the extra roll in front I could get into size 18 or 16...[/quote']

I think if I didn't have a tummy(I know much less now) but I have a tummy. If that was out of the way I think I would be a size 1

Started out at 26/28 now down to 18/20. Surgery date was 12-4. Goal size would be 8/10. You can buy some pretty sexy lingerie at that size... He he

I love lingerie

This question has vexed me recently. I have lost 34lbs. I started out with Lane Bryant 18's' date=' that I bought in January and February 2012. Those jeans now fall off me. I saved my "skinny" jeans from when I had lost some weight after my last baby Feb 2011, and am currently rocking those, they are also LB size 18. WTF?! With all the size changing, I no longer feel I will ever see single digits. I mean, seriously, if I have lost 34lbs and have 80 to go, does that mean I will only see a 14? Loosing the 80lbs will put me at the weight I was in high school, when I was wearing 6-8!!!

And we wonder why there is such an epidemic among our young girls to starve themselves and/or become bulimic?!?! Seriously! Since now size 12 is considered plus size, when in fact that size has been changed countlessly from its original size of 4, then dear God! We are defeating our young girls before they even try to love their bodies!!![/quote']

I agree but I'm starting to wonder I'm I the only one in size 2 jeans after WLS? I was honestly happy when I was wearing size 7 and wanted to stay there but I quickly lost some hips lmbo & wala size 2. Omg! I'm disappearing.

I think it all depends on the way the pants are made, because certain brands I can fit into a size 20 perfectly but then in another brand they could be too tight...I wish they would make clothes all the same.

I wish women's clothes were like men's in that issue. It can be so disheartening to fit into a 14 in one pant and an 18 in another

I wish women's clothes were like men's in that issue. It can be so disheartening to fit into a 14 in one pant and an 18 in another

Me too! I wear a 12 if they are not stretchy and a 10 if they are. I never know what size i really must try them on.

I was 22/24 my goal is to be a 9/10-I'm thinking it's not what today's standards are it's what you think is good for you! Health wise.

I started at a size 20 sometimes 22 and now I wear size 12 sometimes 10... :D

I was size 30

Now am 4.5 months out & I wear pants 20/22 and tops 18/20

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

Everyone is doing so awesome

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk