Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my totals of what part is to pay

I have United healthy care, and i have gotten 2 calls today for my payment portions to be paid before surgery which is Dec 31st, but go for pre op visit tomorrow and have to have payments to them tomorrow.

for the surgeon, my part, $520.00

for 1 year of counseling with Nutrionist/dietician - $75.00

Hospital with 1 night over stay - #1,341.00

Anthesiologist - $180.00

total for all $2116.00

does this sound right to yall. They never gave me the complete total for whole thing, this is after what insurance will pay and they havent been billed yet. makes me just a tad nervous but ok

sounds about right. I'm sure it all depends on your insurance policy. Does your surgeon have an insurance coordinator or advocate? If so, you might want to call him/her to double-check. Best of luck to you!

damn im paying almost thirteen thousand, im doing self pay. the good side of doing self pay is I don't have to wait and deal with the insurance company. and I don't have to try to lose weight before surgery because before I even found out I was going to have surgery I had already lost 93 pounds in a year on my own weight training cardio and eating rite. but yeah

Fred Montana JR

sounds about right. I'm sure it all depends on your insurance policy. Does your surgeon have an insurance coordinator or advocate? If so, you might want to call him/her to double-check. Best of luck to you!

Yes I called her at the office, and she said yes the totals seemed correct. they go by surgery codes, i am suppose to have surgery the 31st and go home on the first, they dont think any complications could arise. I am very nervous right now wonder if something happens and I do have to stay longer. I even asked what if i have to have my gall bladder taken out too. they said so it gets taken out you still go home the next day. that is how confidant this office is of the surgeon. I hope he is as good as they make him

I had my gall bladder taken out when I had the lapband procedure in 2008; it didn't add any time to the stay. I'm sure you'll be in great hands! :) warm wishes to you!

thank you

I haven't had my surgery yet but I had my gall bladder removed back in August. I went in as an out patient was there for four hours and went home. They made four small incisions and I was on pain medication for about a week. The best thing was to keep getting up and walking around.