Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Some Encouragement (This Is Going To Be Long)

• Hi first of all just a bit of background. I am a 57 year old waiting for revision from band to rny. I was approved for surgery. On Nov 7, Minutes before being taken back for surgery Doc comes in and says my Blood sugars are too high and we need to postpone surgery till Dec 5 and to work with my endo to get the sugars under better control (i am very uncontrolled which is my reason for wanting the surgery)
  • meanwhile I begin having really severe pain in my lower right abdomen and in my right back area. I call my Family Doc like a good girl thinking this must be a kidney stone or something. Family Doc has ultrasound done, no stones, no infection no clue.
  • Baratric Surgeon orders an abdominal ct scan, it shows something on the right ovary
  • Baratric Surgeon orders a pelvic ultrasound and wants me to see my Gynecologist (haven't been to one in more than 20 years, just use my PCP for that)
  • Baratric Nurse called and read the ultrasound report and it shows a mass and a cyst and some calcification on the ovary.
  • The first appt I could get (started calling Monday) to see a Gyno was this coming Tues at 11:00
  • Bypass surgery is supposed to be Wed.
  • So I have been on a pre op diet for the better part of six weeks.
  • I am very discouraged and just don't know what to think.
  • I feel like I am so close to having the opportunity to get healthy and my body is fighting me every step of the way.
  • I just wanted to let everyone know and ask for your prayers and any advice.
  • Thanks for reading all of this

Oh Vicki!! I'm so sorry. I am here for you. I really wish I could do something to help you but I will just pray. I know you know it is for the best but that does not offer much for your psyche now. Please hang in there. You will get there!! (((Hugs))).

Oh Vicki I am so sorry to hear you have hit yet another road block :( Do you have to postpone your RNY then? I guess you have to wait until you see what the gyno says right? Seding hugs and prayers your way. Please keep us posted. Hang in there !!!

Yep have to wait and see what the gyno says. I am just thinking "really" "really" this has to act up now. And this gyno hasn't seen me since he circumcised my son who is almost 28 so like a Brand new Doc who doesn't know me from Adam and who the heck is he going to be one to say "oh yeah have gastric bypass tomorrow" you know that isn't going to go down that way. I just have to keep reminding myself, no one has said NO NEVER, so since Insurance has said yes, that is the biggest concern If I have to wait longer I just have to wait. But I don't "wait" very well

Vicki so sorry your going thru this hope its not anything serious and your surgery can continue as planned thoughts are with you for a good outcome

Oh I am so sorry this is happening. sending good vibes your way. You have been such a support to all the people on this site and I just pray all goes in your favor for Wednesday.

Vicki im sorry you are oing through this but i think its best to put surgery on hold until they find out more info regarding the cyst. Its better than waiting until after surgery which could lead to more complications...... I will say prayer for you!!!

Prayers to you that they let you go forward. And strength if they decide its best to wait. sorry, but know we are here to support you in any way through this.

Saying a prayer that everything will be ok and you will have your surgery as scheduled. Hang in there I can't imagine how stressful this must all be. You have lots of folks here pulling for you, me included!

keep your head up.

I had an ovarian cyst that would not regress removed this past fall.

Listen to your doctor because ovarian cysts/mass can cause ovarian torsion wich can cause severe abdominal bleeiing if the fallopian tube twists and ruptures.

Try to get a robotic surgon if you can the incisions are small and heal time is quick.

Good luck on you decision for WLS surgery.

I had a lapband placed almost a year ago and i've lost aobut sixty seven pounds and I know I have more to go . What ever method you choose it is a jurney . take care.

Good grief Vicki... so sorry to hear this. Hang in there honey. Prayers your way!!

Oh no Vicki.. I am so sorry to hear that you have been dealt another setback :( my prayers and thoughts are with you.. Please keep updating! (((Hugs)))))

Thank you so much everyone. I do need your support and knew I would have it, thank you.

I am just trying to take it day by day and doc by doc and do what is right.

If I have to wait for the RNY then I will, whatever they decide I will make the best of it.

Just be glad for tuesday to come and a decision be made and then I can go from there.

I am still sticking to the pre op diet, not sure how, cause I could really go on a binge right about now. But I feel like I have been practicing these past few months to eat less, slower, not drink with meals, all the rules, and I have lost 24 pounds so I don't want to blow that.

Thank you Again you guys are the very best

Not to sound cliche' but, I truly do believe things happen for a reason. We don't always know the reason immediately, and sometimes it takes awhile to understand the reason. We are all here to support and encourage you, just like you have supported and encouraged us thru this process. Best of wishes and fingers crossed for happy news! (((HUGS)))

lady

I agree with you, and that has been my belief in life, things happen for a reason. And I am doing pretty good today. My attitude is much better and

I am a little more ZEN about things. I am going with the flow. It will all work out. I sure do appreciate all of you.