Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

that sounds good how long do I have to wait to have an egg?

I started having eggs 2.5 weeks post op. My surgeon told me to "try" soft foods. If my stomach tolerated them, great. If not, go back to liquids. Well, my stomach has been tolerating them well. Of course, I have to chew eggs until they are liquified before swallowing. But it works. They are a great source of Protein.

I don't mean to whine' date=' I normally handle pain well. But im not sure what to do or what is normal. I stopped my liquid pain med, because it prevents me from peeing. I have such discomfort in my lower stomach. I have been trying to focus on my Protein Drink because they have the most Protein. I can only drink a little bit, and then I feel full and nausea. I have probably not had more then 4-6 oz per day since I have been home 12/21. Im not sure if the milk in my premade Protein Drink that makes me feel worse. Any suggestions or ideas would greatly be appreciated. Im afraid to start my Vitamins or normal meds.

Thanks,

eaepc1012

surgery date 12/19[/quote']

You probably still have a lot of gas which will affect your intake amount and pain level. I was actually lucky I guess cuz I started passing gas right away, and I think most of the gas is out now. I would feel pain or nausea when I was consuming milk. Since I stopped milk I've felt so much better. I had only started milk for the extra Protein. I noticed when I make my Carmel Machiatto Coffee/Protein shake, I don't exactly feel the greatest. I'm not sure if its the Creamer which is sugar free. So I for the time being believe I'm having an intolerance for milk. Also if you are having an intolerance, it will create more gas :-(. My suggestion is same as others use a lactose free product. I just started mixing my protein with Water. I'm sure they taste better w a milk product however I prefer coconut milk to soy due to my own reasons and I haven't talked to Dr about using coconut milk.

Gen :-)6/2012 - 267 : preop -->237 1 week post op. --> 226

I don't mean to whine' date=' I normally handle pain well. But im not sure what to do or what is normal. I stopped my liquid pain med, because it prevents me from peeing. I have such discomfort in my lower stomach. I have been trying to focus on my Protein drink because they have the most Protein. I can only drink a little bit, and then I feel full and nausea. I have probably not had more then 4-6 oz per day since I have been home 12/21. Im not sure if the milk in my premade protein drink that makes me feel worse. Any suggestions or ideas would greatly be appreciated. Im afraid to start my Vitamins or normal meds.

Thanks,

eaepc1012

surgery date 12/19[/quote']

Sorry forgot to mention but my dr said focus on Water due to dehydration. Then get in what protein we can. I'm not sure what your Dr would recommend, but that is an option

Oh wow' date=' Nicole ! I am very hungry and can eat Popsicle after Popsicle and no effect and I am very hungry. I sure hope I didn't do this for nothing. If I have to diet and fight the hunger pains then why did I do this ( other than I had to have the band removed due to esophagus problem)? Everybody talks about it stretching out but I doubt it gets tighter?????[/quote']

I can eat a full Popsicle too. I think it's cuz liquids basically just goes right thru our new pouch and doesn't build up like other more solid foods would, such as pudding, yogurt, etc.

Just had my first poached for dinner and it was awesome and I am usually not an egg person. Thanks for the great idea.

ok so I feel a little off on my diet. My surgery was th 19th. Today I started to try and get my Proteins in. It feels IMPOSSIBLE. lol The Protein Shakes are now to thick and so gross. And I'm not sure where I'm at with the pills I'm suppose to be taking (multi and vit b but what else) Help. Please

Also' date=' I know I shouldn't care yet but what kind of weight should I be loosing the first week.[/quote']

I had my surgery on the 15th. I am finally getting all my Water in and almost all of my Proteins. Today I was 5g short of fulfilling my Protein. So your are doing ok, I think. A few days after the surgery there is so much gas in us; we are recuperating; and trying to get used to the new pouch that it is hard getting just the liquids in, at least it was for me. But it will get easier.

I started my Calcium and regular meds after I stopped the pain meds. I tried taking my meds, the Calcium, and the pain med and my pouch didn't like it at all. That was the day I got home from the hospital. I felt horribly sick and had to take the nausea med. I stopped the pain med cuz most of my pain was due to gas :-( so it didn't help me. I have since tolerated my meds and calcium and multi vits very well. I also take Biotin.

I can eat a full Popsicle too. I think it's cuz liquids basically just goes right thru our new pouch and doesn't build up like other more solid foods would' date=' such as pudding, yogurt, etc.

Gen :-)6/2012 - 267 : preop -->237 1 week post op. --> 226[/quote']

Thanks for sharing as I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I've had no trouble with getti g in Protein or Water. I haven't tried pudding or yogurt. I am watching calories as I have my Protein with skim milk and the calories will add up if I'm not careful. I'll be glad when the pouch starts helping out a bit.

My surgery was the 12th and I'm getting 40g Protein and 20oz of Fluid a day. :( I know I have to do better, but I swear I can't sip anymore than I already am!

I had my surgery on the 15th. I am finally getting all my Water in and almost all of my Proteins. Today I was 5g short of fulfilling my Protein. So your are doing ok, I think. A few days after the surgery there is so much gas in us; we are recuperating; and trying to get used to the new pouch that it is hard getting just the liquids in, at least it was for me. But it will get easier.

I started my Calcium and regular meds after I stopped the pain meds. I tried taking my meds, the calcium, and the pain med and my pouch didn't like it at all. That was the day I got home from the hospital. I felt horribly sick and had to take the nausea med. I stopped the pain med cuz most of my pain was due to gas :-( so it didn't help me. I have since tolerated my meds and calcium and multi vits very well.

I am deffinitly still having gas pains. They are unbelievable. Its deffinitly hard to get in Protein plus fluids. Today I had hours of feeling good and hours of just pain. Tonight I just feel really uncomfortable and I am still having pains. But I'm so Happy that the surgery part is over I feel bad for "whinning".

Thanks for sharing as I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I've had no trouble with getti g in Protein or Water. I haven't tried pudding or yogurt. I am watching calories as I have my Protein with skim milk and the calories will add up if I'm not careful. I'll be glad when the pouch starts helping out a bit.

I eat 1/2 a Danon Lite n Fit vanilla Greek yogurt a day. (Not in 1 sitting but 2). It has 2xs the protein and has less carbs than all other yogurts. It has about 12g protein and it is 80 calories for the full serving. So 6g of protein and only 40 cals a day is worth it for me.

I have a question...where can you get unflavored Protein Powder? AND does it make your crystal light ect...thick and gross? My premade shakes are so thick!

I had surgery 17th and my right side is killing when I stand up or sit on toilet. I can barely wipe myself when I pee. Sorry TMI. What can this be? My incisions all look okay. Once I walk around a bit it's okay. And sitting on recliner is fine.

's a I have periods when I feel the same. I think its gas pain. But heres question I NEVER thought I would ask...When should I expect to be able to go to the bathroom? I can pee but thats all. I even started chewable Fiber w/ Calcium pills today to try and help things along...

I have a question...where can you get unflavored Protein powder? AND does it make your crystal light ect...thick and gross? My premade shakes are so thick!

Www.unjury.com or Amazon.com

The protein is lite and not thick or gross. My Dr office gave me a couple samples and I love it in crystal light due to no change in taste. I ordered 3 containers which will be here Monday so I can't wait :-) they have rather fast shipping. The get the order out the same or next day depending on time order was placed. Hope this helps.

I had surgery 17th and my right side is killing when I stand up or sit on toilet. I can barely wipe myself when I pee. Sorry TMI. What can this be? My incisions all look okay. Once I walk around a bit it's okay. And sitting on recliner is fine.

I have one incision on my left side that is more painful than all the others. It is the only one that hurts when I laugh, cough, sneeze, etc. However in your case have you thought maybe a UTI?