Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

So' date=' tomorrow I go and have my 2nd egd to check the status of my ulcers. This is sooo not fun. :( Anyone else having problems with these?[/quote']

Good luck Jodi. Payers are w you.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

they found an ulcer on my last egd but I have a leak they are fixing first ' date=' however I have had blood in my jp tube so I wonder if it has become a bleeding ulcer so I can empathize with you

Cyn-shakiraa-*12/17/12*Sent from my mobile Rnytalk.[/quote']

Oh no! I hope it's not bleeding for you! :( How did you know/find out you had it? I'd like to compare experiences...

Good luck Jodi. Payers are w you.

Thank you Gen!! Same to you! I feel like I should NOT be complaining after all you've been thru! But ya know what? We're all gonna come thru the other side of this healthy and resilient as he#l!!

I have been having problem getting Protein in. I've noticed I can eat fruit and veggies. But the shakes and meat I can't handle right now.

So I picked up some Isopure fruit Protein Drink w/ 40g protein in 20 oz bottle. So far I've tried mango peach. I also got 3 other flavors to try' date=' we'll see.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Where did you get it?

I'm looking for some advise here. I'm worried that I'm eating too much. My nutritionist said I should only be able to eat a couple tablespoons of food. I'm finding that isn't true. I can finally eat and not have the horrible nausea.

I'm looking for some advise here. I'm worried that I'm eating too much. My nutritionist said I should only be able to eat a couple tablespoons of food. I'm finding that isn't true. I can finally eat and not have the horrible nausea.

seems to be that this will depend on how far out you are and your pouch size. my NUT (and of course they all seem to vary, lol) says that until week 5 about 400-600 calories is normal, then about 600-800. at week 7 up it to 800-1000 and after a year, 1000-1400.

realistically-we're all different. i was able to get in more Jello than Soup, more popsicles than Beans, etc. i still have an issue with Water consumption, it sits very heavy in my pouch-actually, most drinks do. i don't know if you track your intake, but i like using the MFP (my fitness pal) app on my cell phone. it makes things so much easier to see what i'm eating and when. perhaps that will help you too? you can even track your water, Protein, weight loss, exercise, and allows you to keep up with others as well. :]

At theER. I went to my family Dr and they reviewed the urinalysis. Turns out no bladder infection. Just in case ran another, still not one. They called surgeons office and they to me to go to ER right away for testing. I'm scared they messed up my bladder.

Wow Gen, you've been through so much. Hope you are feeling better! Thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery!

Wow I have just finished catching up on 10 pages of posts and all I can say is bless you all and praying for you. I have missed reading and knowing all that is going on. I am doing okay I guess. Protein still is an issue. I pretty much can eat anything. I have lost 72 lbs since December 4. I have been blessed not to have had many complications. I have recently have been experiencing a headache every time I eat. I am getting to the point to eat seems very nauseating. I have tried changing up foods, going back to the basics but it still happens. I am not sure what to do abut it. Any suggestions would be great.

I am very proud of all of the group! Gen hang in there and know a multitude of prayers are being lifted for your health to be completely restored. Prayers being said for all who are experiencing infection issues of any kind, may the antibiotics do there job and restore you back to good health.

For the new ones in the group welcome and welcome to the losers bench.

I also want to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day!

That's great news on the weight loss! Congrats!

Ok so maybe it's me, but I'm finding that putting a meal together isn't fun and eating it just sucks. Say your having chicken with mashed cauliflower. Well you have to eat your Protein first and by the time you even get to the veggie it's cold and your full. Haven't even tried salads. That would make me even more mad. So it's like why bother. I'd rather eat chili. Guess I'm having a pissy day today.

DOS 12/17/12 :)

I agree, if I didn't have to eat anymore, and could get all liquids, I would be happy. Food----UGH! Nothing seems to go down the same way twice. Never know what to eat and most times I don't even want it.

I agree' date=' if I didn't have to eat anymore, and could get all liquids, I would be happy. Food----UGH! Nothing seems to go down the same way twice. Never know what to eat and most times I don't even want it.[/quote']

Glad I'm not alone!!!

DOS 12/17/12 :)

I agree' date=' if I didn't have to eat anymore, and could get all liquids, I would be happy. Food----UGH! Nothing seems to go down the same way twice. Never know what to eat and most times I don't even want it.[/quote']

AGREED!!!!

Agree too!

So new news: last night released from hospital. They said I was fine, CT came back normal, which it actually didn't cuz we were told CT results the night before.

So I was pissed cuz they were releasing me when I still had so much pain. I said fine, called my dad and he said he will take me to his hospital. So I told the hospital I was at fine, release me, I'm going to another hospital. So then they brought my surgeon in which was a waste of time. He just got rude and ask me what test I want him to run. I said any test u have to to make me better. Waste of time. The checked me out at 830pm. I went home slept and my dad took me to his hospital this morn.

Determination: I have an infection below my bladder. 2 abscesses below my bladder. 1 kidney is swollen and ureter blocked.

My surgeon last night told me to go home. Of I had not come back to the hospital and left it as is, I would have became majorly infected possibly loss at least 1 kidney, or who knows what my medical state would have become.

So now I'm on IV antibiotics. Will have abscesses drained tomorrow. Then hopefully 2 days later my kidney will be close to normal. If not, then surgery for a stent to allow kidney to drain into bladder and that surgery is worse case scenario.

Whoa Gen that is insane!!!! And crazy scary. That's awful the way your hospital handled everything saying you're fine when clearly you weren't. I'm soooo glad this other hospital found the root of the problems. I hope that this all can be cleared up quickly without surgery for you!!!