Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Me Please, I Am Freaking Out About My Conversion I Had Done

Hello! I had a sleeve done in April and 4 months out if became kinked and then just on this past Monday 6 days ago i was converted to a Bypass. When I had the sleeve done i could only sip little tiny bit of even Water and it would hurt. It took forever to progress to more liquid and food. Since day one out of my surgery when they would let me drink I was able to drink normal just like I was prior to the surgery, Also i am able to get the pureed food down no issue at all and I NEVER have a full feeling. I dont know if the bypass full is the same and the sleeve full but either way I dont feel full.

Dont get me wrong I dont keep eating but it is rather disturbing that I dont feel anything at all when I eat. It kind of concerns me. Is the food just slipping on through?

I was hoping that someone maybe has experienced this before? I am really anxious about it and am reaching out for help from all of you all.

Thanks.

Hello! I had a sleeve done in April and 4 months out if became kinked and then just on this past Monday 6 days ago i was converted to a Bypass. When I had the sleeve done i could only sip little tiny bit of even Water and it would hurt. It took forever to progress to more liquid and food. Since day one out of my surgery when they would let me drink I was able to drink normal just like I was prior to the surgery' date=' Also i am able to get the pureed food down no issue at all and I NEVER have a full feeling. I dont know if the bypass full is the same and the sleeve full but either way I dont feel full.

Dont get me wrong I dont keep eating but it is rather disturbing that I dont feel anything at all when I eat. It kind of concerns me. Is the food just slipping on through?

I was hoping that someone maybe has experienced this before? I am really anxious about it and am reaching out for help from all of you all.

Thanks.[/quote']

I just had the bypass 10/25/12 an I have yet had a full feeling. I'm not hungry but not full either, I've been told its normal.

I just had the bypass 10/25/12 an I have yet had a full feeling. I'm not hungry but not full either' date=' I've been told its normal.[/quote']

Same here i havent had the full feeling but seeing all the food commercials and driving by all the food places gets me kinda frustrated then when my fam orders pizza kills me :(

Same here i havent had the full feeling but seeing all the food commercials and driving by all the food places gets me kinda frustrated then when my fam orders pizza kills me :(

My husband had popcorn chicken today from KFC :'( one of my favs. All my dreams consist of food now an cheating on my diet which is making my head hunger even worse

My husband had popcorn chicken today from KFC :'( one of my favs. All my dreams consist of food now an cheating on my diet which is making my head hunger even worse

That happened to me as well. And oh my you never realize the commercials until you can't have it

You guys need to give your pouch time to heal. The nerve endings are all messed up.. You will start feeling the full feeling in 3-4 weeks. In the mean time only eat what the dr wants you to because you dont want to mess things up

It's normal. It took me about 6wks before the full feeling kicked in.

So glad I read this I'm the same way I feel starved which I know is head hunger and I'm so uncomfortable when I drink but it doesn't feel like I'm full it feels more stuck

That happened to me as well. And oh my you never realize the commercials until you can't have it

Seriously i feel like a fat heffer lol ya my husband torture he eats all kinda i feel bad cause im like how dare u eat that in front of me lol he's like i gotta eat lol the olive garden commercials are the worse lol

Oh Yah ugh my brother lives with is an he is always coming home with bomb food :'( I've been watching movies so I don't have to deal with commercials Lmao

I watch all my shows on Hula, Netflix or my iPad apps....there are commercials but none of the "bad"foods commercials.....I do this because one of the things that would trigger me to eat per RNY were the commercials...I don't have cravings yet but I don't want to take a chance so this is what I do...also my husband is very supportive and has started eating healthy too!

I watch all my shows on Hula' date=' Netflix or my iPad apps....there are commercials but none of the "bad"foods commercials.....I do this because one of the things that would trigger me to eat per RNY were the commercials...I don't have cravings yet but I don't want to take a chance so this is what I do...also my husband is very supportive and has started eating healthy too![/quote']

My husband is trying to be supportive but he can only eat what we already have. Were newly errs still trying to get on our feet an as everyone knows its expensive to eat healthy so i give him some credit for choices he makes. The next time we go grocery shopping tho ill be able to actually eat so ill be buying things so he will have no choice lol

Oh Yah ugh my brother lives with is an he is always coming home with bomb food :'( I've been watching movies so I don't have to deal with commercials Lmao

Lmao so sad but we gotta do wat we gotta do lol