Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Was Banded 1/31 And Feel 98% Myself Today!! I Would Love To Hear From Other People Banded That Same Day. I Was In Or At 7:50a And Up In My Room After Recovery By 1130a. My Surgeon Required An Overnight Stay With Iv Fluids And An Esophogram To Make Sure There Was No Leakage Before I Left The Next Day. Thank God For The Percocet-i Dont Think I Could Have Slept Without It That First Night. I'm Still Supposed To Be On Clear Liquids But Everything's Going Down So Well I'm Tempted To Try Some Yogurt Today (which Is Allowed). Hope To Keep You All Updated And Thanks For This Great Website!!

Sounds as if you are doing great...Stick as close to your diet as you can, you will feel even better in the next few days..

I was banded same day 1/31. My Doctors are Erabella and Bunch in Bradenton FLorida. Dr. Erabella was with me during the pre op period almost the whole time. He is awesome! I had my procedure at Gulfcoast Surgery Center. I went home the same day and only have had some minor incisional pain. I am glad that I did this, however it being super bowl sunday I am missing eating Nachos, pizza etc.:cry I am eating creamy tomatoe Soup and Protein Shakes, etc. I did not follow the clear liquid pre op diet to well in the beginning! I plan on b eing very compliant from now on.

Michelle

I'm having terrible left shoulder pain since surgery. It sometimes takes my breath away. Incisions are doing great, sleeping on both sides. I am so very weak and shaky, possible due to lack of caffeine,(coke), nicotine,(cigarettes), and solid food ! Am following clear liquid diet for this week. Anybody else experience this ?

Thanks,

Carolyn :confused:

I Think The Weakness And Shakiness Comes From Our Body Withdrawing From Sugar, Carbs..i Have Also Felt Like That Every Now And Then. I Just Make Sure I Have A shake Or Some Soup And That Helps! Keep In Touch!

I had my surgery at 3 pm (talk about a long day without food or water). I did not leave the hospital until 5 pm the next day and the Dr was willing to let me stay another night but I was afraid insurance might not cover it. I live alone so I have had to prepare everything myself. The first couple of days all I had was Water and a couple spoonfuls of Jello I made pre-op. Saturday was the first day I felt like making anything and had some cream of wheat and Sunday I had some cream tomatoe Soup. Sunday was really the first day I had any energy.

Are any of you having problems with burping excessively. Every time I sit-up, stand or even just sitting here I burp. I have tried taking gas-x for this but it does not seem to help. I have tried drinking more water thinking that maybe I do not have enough in my stomach.

Thanks,

I have only had few minor burps,however, I do think that the Prevacid SoluTabs, 1 daily, is taking care of that.This was a prescription by my surgeon upon my release from the hospital.

The cherry creme chewable Gas-X tabs are really taking care of the gas pain in my shoulder. Thank you so much to MICHELLE & JILL for their truly appreciated advice ! . I also forgot to make arrangements for my slew of daily prescribed meds to be changed to either liquid or chewables, so going cold turkey has make me so weak.:faint: I can't believe I am really getting this senile !

I'm still on only clear liquids, but, tried a little applesauce today and it great !

We'll stay in touch..........10/31 banders ! ;)

Until later.........take care everybody.....:)

I was banded 01/29/07 and was in at 10:00am and out by 1:00pm ... I didn't have too much pain except a lot of burning at the port site and horrible left shoulder pain also. The shoulder pain is probably by biggest complaint right now, especially if i'm working and can't get up to walk around. But I can't sleep much on my left due to the port pain but i'm doing ok with the diet and all ... everyone keep up the good work !!

I was banded 1/31 at 7 am, went home at 10:30- thought I was a rock star by about 2 pm then wanted to croak by the next day. I guess it took a day to hit me. :faint: Today I am feeling a bit more like myself, but still pretty tired. I guess it's from not enough calories (I am drinking some nutrition but as you know it isn't much since your stomach is still swollen).

I am super duper looking forward to mushy foods (never thought I'd say that) since I am siiiiccckkk of slimfasts and soy and regular milk, and juice. I want some kind of texture. :)

Amelia- I haven't had that much gas but some... I took those gas X strips every 4 hours for the first 3-4 days faithfully... it seemed to help. But I wonder if it was the cream of wheat- I thought we couldn't have that until the mushy food phase, 2 weeks out.

I have a question- has anyone had the bandages come off their incision sites? mine came off one of them 3 days out and hubby had to put gauze and tape over it, I almost passed out. :think

I'm having terrible left shoulder pain since surgery. It sometimes takes my breath away.

Carolyn :)

I wasn't banded on 1/31, but I too sometimes get sharp pain in my left shoulder. I was told it was gas pain. It doesn't always occur after eating, so who knows for sure....

I was banded 1/29/07 and it was just yesterday that I finally felt "good". Maybe being 52 has more to do with taking a bit longer to feel better but nonetheless I'm glad it's done. After reading almost every post on this site,,lol,,I had all my pre and post op lists checked off before going into the hospital. Thanks to all who gave their suggestions from which the lists were compiled, it was a life-saver! It's full liquids for me until my 5th week,,so I'll keep checking the food/recipes section for updates. God bless all those who have posted and have eased the way for all of us "newbies".:clap2:

Banded 01/29/07

Dr. Ken Cleveland

CMMC-Bariatric Weight Mgmt-Jackson, MS

Pre-surg wt 330

Post surg 7 days-318

Goal- 160

Hey Guys! I was banded on 1/31/07 and the worst thing is the shoulder pain . I crushed up some advil and that seemed to help. I also can feel my port under my large incision. Can anyone else?:)

I'm having terrible left shoulder pain since surgery. It sometimes takes my breath away. Incisions are doing great, sleeping on both sides. I am so very weak and shaky, possible due to lack of caffeine,(coke), nicotine,(cigarettes), and solid food ! Am following clear liquid diet for this week. Anybody else experience this ?

Thanks,

Carolyn :)

Hi Carolyn,

THe gas pain is from the surgery. I was banded yesterday and that is the only thing bothering me. Definately use gas x strips and a heating pad, both help. Also try to walk around as much as possible, that helps too.

I have also been burping when I stand up. It is a wierd burp but at least some of that gas is coming out. I guess?

I was also banded on the 31st. Yesterday was the first day that I really felt almost back to normal. Still not able to tolerate much on my stomach. Yogurt and Soup seem to work the best. (My surgeon allows mushies after 48 hours) I have read of some that are already eating pretty normal, but I can't imagine how. Assume it is the swelling and will go down soon.

But OH!! the gas pains. I have terrible pains in my left shoulder and under my rib cages. Tried walking, but the only thing that really seems to help is to lay down on my left side for about 10 minutes. I take the gasX and drink slow and follow all of the instructions, but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone read how long the problem with the gas pains lasts? I know it is common after surgery, but I am ready for them to be gone.

Although this is a small price to pay for the future. :)