Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I was banded on 1/31/07 in TJ Mexico, and feel great !!! I realy had no real pain just gas pain, but that passed:guess lol..The key was to walk walk walk.. P.S watch out for the port pain..:paranoid

Since I am still burping quite a bit a week out from surgery, I called the Dr to today and asked if it is normal. He said it is normal and that I am still releasing the gas that was put in during surgery and there is nothing that I can take to help. (Gas -x does not help). They told me if I still have problem in a couple of days to call back. Thanks!

Thanks Carolyn, for the Prevacid recommendation, unfortunately I was on Prevacid for GERD prior to surgery, however I had to stop taking it back in August because I have low B12, B1 and B6. My Dr felt that the prevacid prevents the Intrinsic Acid that is needed for B12 digestion/absorbtion from working appropriately. I am now on B12 shots Bi-monthly. So unfortunately can not take it.

Thanks,

Amelia

Since I am still burping quite a bit a week out from surgery, I called the Dr to today and asked if it is normal. He said it is normal and that I am still releasing the gas that was put in during surgery and there is nothing that I can take to help. (Gas -x does not help). They told me if I still have problem in a couple of days to call back. Thanks!

Amelia, I am having the same problem. Walking and the heating pad seem to help a little bit. Its a wierd burp when it happens too! Wish I could roll around on my stomach to push it out LOL! I think that would hurt!

Hang in there, hopefully we will be gas free in a few days!

9 days post-op........Thanks to the Gas-X for saving my life !!

I am finally on the road to recovery. From reading on this forum, I have cut my pills for easier consumption, swallowing the smallest of my capsules, using chewables & liquids when available and eating the smallest amounts of liquids continuously instead of trying to put them into 3 meals a day. I now have my strength back and not shaking or as not quite as weak as before. When you stop & think, as someone else has said in the thread about how you have deprived your body cold turkey of all the food intake before the surgery and being a "senior citizen", Damn, it's a wonder my body even speaks to me anymore. I'm no spring chicken and had stopped cold turkey on my prescibed meds, which I never never should have done. I literally was nuts as well as weak.

You have to use some good old common sense and listen to what your body tells you !

This forum has been an absolute life saver to me and I want to sincerely thank you all for all the good advice.

From the bottom of my heart and big SINCERE THANK YOU !

Hi! I was banded 1/30/07 and am just recently feeling back to normal. I basically had no trouble post-op except for the gas pains that I had across my abdomen and chest. Gigi

Hi! I had my first post-op vist yesterday. I was so sick when I went that the Dr would not let me leave to drive home, they wanted to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital. They had my lay down in their procedure room for about 1 1/2 hours. I convinced them I could drive home. When I got to the parking lot I called my PCP and scheduled an appointment and went to see him. He is running test to see what was wrong. I was nauseated, ligtheaded, they said I was pale and just over all not well. :sick

The good new was I lost 7 pounds since surgery, however today I had to go back to my PCP for lab work and found out between yesterday and today I lost another 5 pounds. I may put some of that back on but maybe not. We will see.

I am however counting my weight loss from my highest weight which was the beginning of Dec so I have lost a total of 38. :clap2:

I was suppose to return to work today but my PCP did not want me to. So I will not be returning until Monday. I felt a little better today. They think it may have something to do with starting totake my Iron again. I have anemia so I have to take the Iron.

Hope you are all doing well.

Take care!

Hello everyone. My name is Keith. I was notified by my doctor a couple of days ago that my insurance has approved my surgery. I don't have a date scheduled yet, but will post when I do. My wife had Gastric Bypass Surgery three years ago. She says rocking really helped her gas pains. Also, she uses something called Titrilac which really helped her with gass pains. Anyway, hope that helps. Thanks for all of your posts. They are very upbuilding while I wait for my date.

Regards,

Keith

Hi all - I'm due for the chop on 3/15, and am trying to line everything up. I'm SO glad to hear what you've all been going through; to hear the presenters talk about LB, it's like it's a walk in the park to a lovely tea party! I think I'm much better prepared after reading your experiences.

DebLPN - you mentioned some pre-/post-op checklists in your post last week. Are those something you made for yourself, or is that something that's been posted or has evolved here in LapBandLand?

Thanks all! And good luck with those gas pains!

Hi everyone ! I am 65 and currently going thru the steps to be banded. I have some questions especially of Carolyn (Ohioraintreeacres) . She is the one closest to my age. I just wondered how you are doing ? I am also going to Dr. Schumacher at Kettering Bariatrics and really like both him and his whole staff. Have you gone to a support meeting yet? I understand that they are very helpful. If anyone else here is close to my age please let me know how things went with you and if you have any regrets. Thanks in advance for the help ! Anne :)

Butterflylover, Anne,

I can be found in the Local Lap-Band Support, USA Local Ohio Group. I have sent you a personal email and a private message. Looking forward to talking with you.

Carolyn :)

Hi everyone ! I am 65 and currently going thru the steps to be banded. I have some questions especially of Carolyn (Ohioraintreeacres) . She is the one closest to my age. I just wondered how you are doing ? I am also going to Dr. Schumacher at Kettering Bariatrics and really like both him and his whole staff. Have you gone to a support meeting yet? I understand that they are very helpful. If anyone else here is close to my age please let me know how things went with you and if you have any regrets. Thanks in advance for the help ! Anne :D

:) Hi Carolyn,

I went to the Ohio group but couldn't find your personal e-mail or private message. Maybe I am just having a " senior " moment ! Would you please resend the e-mail to my regular e-mail address: Doingitforme01@aol.com It's much easier that way and if you don't mind give me your address and we can " talk " ! Thanks -- hope to talk to you soon. Anne

I am new at this, so bare with me...I am in process of being aprroved for the lap-band..Enjoy reading the threads...they help very much. Now for the gas pains...If you are allowed to do this, try it...and don't laugh to hard, it does work....Get on your hands and knees as if you were going to crawl...rock back and forth...it will actually move the gas. A nurse years ago told me about this, and belive me, it works...Thanks

Hello out there, I have a question.. Does anyone know how long the left should pain lasts ? I am in the process of getting banded & your all scaring me more w/ the shoulder pain rather than the food issues..