Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because you were the day friend that made them look better and more attractive when out in public and now taking all the attention away from them

I agree now they have competition and have to work harder but true friends I wouldn't think like that.

Well RNY friends, I told my husband about the surgery and to my surprise he is supportive, I almost fell out of the chair. He said baby I just want you to be happy and health being obese is not, I'm glad you are doing this. My nerves just got a little better.

Well RNY friends' date=' I told my husband about the surgery and to my surprise he is supportive, I almost fell out of the chair. He said baby I just want you to be happy and health being obese is not, I'm glad you are doing this. My nerves just got a little better.[/quote']

Yay for you!

If he love u,as he say ,he should stick with the new changes and accept you with ur new changes,if he's insecure of what he have and don't change he's attitudes ,girl i think the best thing is to let himto hit the road,cause that can cause into big arguments inclusive domestic violance

If he love u' date='as he say ,he should stick with the new changes and accept you with ur new changes,if he's insecure of what he have and don't change he's attitudes ,girl i think the best thing is to let himto hit the road,cause that can cause into big arguments inclusive domestic violance[/quote']

No nothing like that, he's a good person so to speak, and he so protective that I thought he wouldn't want me on the operating table fearing something would happen to me.

Well RNY friends, I told my husband about the surgery and to my surprise he is supportive, I almost fell out of the chair. He said baby I just want you to be happy and health being obese is not, I'm glad you are doing this. My nerves just got a little better.

That is so wonderful. Made me smile really big.

No nothing like that' date=' he's a good person so to speak, and he so protective that I thought he wouldn't want me on the operating table fearing something would happen to me.[/quote']

My husband was very supportive, but very very nervous about the surgery. I have had about 7-8 surgeries while we have been together and this was the first time he has ever been nervous. The day of my surgery he did not sleep at all and started throwing up due to nerves. My parents came to the hospital to help him not to see me. Tell him it is all normal emotions. Keep the lines of communication open during this and everything will be great.

My husband was very supportive' date=' but very very nervous about the surgery. I have had about 7-8 surgeries while we have been together and this was the first time he has ever been nervous. The day of my surgery he did not sleep at all and started throwing up due to nerves. My parents came to the hospital to help him not to see me. Tell him it is all normal emotions. Keep the lines of communication open during this and everything will be great.[/quote']

Thanks music1618

My boyfriend left me a month after I started the process for wls, he is a heavy guy, and I think he felt as though the balance we had would be threatened after I was more attractive. So he ended it before I could end it. I dunno he was kinda a dick about it. :( but it is a sacrifice that is necessary for me to be able to live a healthy life.

A lot of significant others don't tell each other how good or sexy they look when they are heavy.

My husband told me all the time before I even considered having the surgery.

So now that I am losing its not like he is speaking a foreign language.

Sent from my Android Phone using RNYTalk

Sadly, I am falling into this with my spouse. He is very supportive of me becoming healthier but has made 2 or 3 comments about me not staying with him. Makes you self doubt having the surgery. We have been married 14 yrs and have a strong relationship, I am just not sure how to analyze the comments he has made. I guess I am just confused.

I can understand what you guys are going through... I am 33 and single... and I fear how this will affect dating. I do not want why I am NOT drinking or eating to be the topic of a date.... and I know once I have a partner around I will have more influence the stray from what I need to be doing.... I am lucky that I live on my own and have no kids so I really have no junk food or anything in the house... but I know it will be a challenge for me if I have kids or get n a relationship. I know I think first I can manage on my own and getting a good habits, but when I was 150 pounds before I maintain that for 4 years and gradually fall back in the fast food.... and in the last 3 years I gain 70 pounds... I think after yr 4 it's going to be difficult to stay on track or it will be a natural thing and hopefully maybe I will have dumping and different things like that to help keep me on track I just don't know what to expect several years out

Sadly' date=' I am falling into this with my spouse. He is very supportive of me becoming healthier but has made 2 or 3 comments about me not staying with him. Makes you self doubt having the surgery. We have been married 14 yrs and have a strong relationship, I am just not sure how to analyze the comments he has made. I guess I am just confused.[/quote']

My suggestion is to talk with him. Let him know your feelings when those comments are made.

Msix he is just scared and feeling a bit insecure. Just reassure him that you are doing this to be healthy so that the two of you can enjoy life together more. Part of him is teasing I am sure, but underneath he probably is having some fears. Just reassure him. Maybe a little extra attention. After all they are not used to things being all about us. We always take care of everybody else first. And now it is your turn. I would just really put the emphasis on health.