Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well as of tomorrow, I go to the psychiatrist and then my pre testings are all done. So far all my clearances are in, so now its just a matter of time. I hope, I won't be waiting to long, for the insurance to approve the surgery, because I know this will be a life saving change. The band helped me lose 100 + pounds, and I want my journey to continue. Because I'm looking forward to a longer healthier life.

I have seen several people on hear on the same journey as you.. going from band to rny. You will find alot of support here. Good luck tomorrow

wishing you the very best, I am going through the same process. Waiting now on insurance approval. I did not lose like you did with the band, but I am glad you have and hope you can get the rny to continue your journey.

Sending you positive thoughts.

I'm also revising from the band, which I had for 5 1/2 years. I lost 60 lbs. but am now having trouble with reflux, nausea, etc. Apparently my esophagus looks like "ground beef." So the band needs to come out but I'm having trouble deciding between the sleeve and the bypass. How did you make that decision, Vicki and Johnny?

I made mine due to the good results people have gotten with their diabetes. With the band no matter how much I lost or ate blood sugars high and insulin resistance really bad. I have read that there is an 80% chance of not needing insulin. I am rolling the dice for those odds. I think I need the combo of restriction and malabsortion for my diabetes.

Seven years ago my endo at the time was the first person to ever mention WLS, and I just didn't understand what he meant, I was about 50 pounds overweight. So I fought for the band. I know now from research and results of others, that he was wanting me to have the rny for my diabetes. I truly regret not listening to him then. I thought I knew so much better. Well seven years later, about the same as I started with the lap band, and on nearly 300 units of insulin a day. And still have very poor control.

I have no horror stories to tell with the band. And that could be what is taking me so long to get approved. I have no fill in it now, and haven't for several years.

I do think with the band I have been able to stay at my beginning weight (lost and gained the same 20 to 40 pounds) with out the band I probably would weight more than I do.

I'm also revising from the band' date=' which I had for 5 1/2 years. I lost 60 lbs. but am now having trouble with reflux, nausea, etc. Apparently my esophagus looks like "ground beef." So the band needs to come out but I'm having trouble deciding between the sleeve and the bypass. How did you make that decision, Vicki and Johnny?[/quote']

I made my decision, after talking with the doctor, I also have Barretts esphagus, and I found that out after having an edoscopy. Don't be afraid, it is very treatable. With a high rate of cure, if caught in time. Having the RNY, is the number one weight loss surgery, with the best results. It's the ideal cure for diabetes. Helps to keep the acid reflux down where the Lapband doesn't. I wish I had done this to begin with, However it seems to me, a lot of people have had esphageal problems with the band. I am very happy I found the bariatric team and doctor I'm with now, I only here wonderful things about them all. And nobody cares as much as they do. These are people out side of it all, I can truly be friends with. Afterall, they made this experience move along with ease.