Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pen Pal Goodie Boxes?

I am so glad you liked it! It was so much fun putting together. It makes me feel good to put a smile on someones face. I wanted to send a note too about the samples of calcium.....I ordered those and was not able to use them. If they don't agree with you' date=' please feel free to pass them along. I know each of us reacts differently to some of these things. Hope your vacation was awesome. Get some rest.[/quote']

You def put a smile on my face and my daughters too!

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 304lbs

Participation email for August just went out. If you would like to participate and did not get an email, please email me at tashapettit@gmail.com

You have until August 7th (Wednesday) to reply yes or not as to if you want to participate. :)

My July penpal was AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much Amy!!!! She sent me a wonderful package full of goodies. She sent me a Water bottle. Thank you cards, a candle, room and linen spray, an ink pen, a Protein shot, a picture frame, a package of syntax nectar, cocoa dusted almonds, some to go packs of totally light 2 go, some Lipton tea bags, and big elbow tea bags!!!!!!! Amy, you truly made me smile and I can't say thank you enough!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to use everything. Some of these items, I've never heard of before so I'm very excited.

Did aug names go out yet?

Not yet. I sent an email asking when this month's names will be sent out and she said she will be sending them out today. So I am guessing later tonight.

Okay everyone!!! Matches for August have gone out!! If for some reason I have missed anyone please send an email to tashapettit@gmail.com

Have fun and try to get your boxes out by the 20th please so everyone receives it by the end of the month! Don't forget your tracking number!!! Have fun!! :)

<_< So I am just wondering, does my breath stink or something? I signed up for this thing back in April, and had two really good penpals during the months of April and May. June I sent a box to someone who never got back to me. July person crapped out on me. And here it is going on Saturday, and I emailed my penpal and once again :blink: has not msged me. So I am REALLY wondering does my breath stink? Is my profile picture not up to your standards?

I'm having a really stressed out last couple of days. :huh: Between my family not being supportive of my surgery at ALL. Everytime I go over there they feed me crap I don't want or need but can not say no to. My boyfriend acting like he is a child, and can't do ANYTHING for himself (surprised he can go to the bathroom alone or use scissors) My job sucks because I keep getting passed up for a sideways promotion because I"m not bffs with the manager. I work min wage part time even though I have a bachelors degree. I come home to a whirl wind of messes, my boyfriend playing a computer game, and my child who is wet or starving because the said boyfriend can't get off his rump to do anything. I'm stressed. :o So, honestly....what is it? What is it about ME that people can't commit to doing what they agreed to days prior to do?

<_< So I am just wondering' date=' does my breath stink or something? I signed up for this thing back in April, and had two really good penpals during the months of April and May. June I sent a box to someone who never got back to me. July person crapped out on me. And here it is going on Saturday, and I emailed my penpal and once again :blink: has not msged me. So I am REALLY wondering does my breath stink? Is my profile picture not up to your standards?

I'm having a really stressed out last couple of days. :huh: Between my family not being supportive of my surgery at ALL. Everytime I go over there they feed me crap I don't want or need but can not say no to. My boyfriend acting like he is a child, and can't do ANYTHING for himself (surprised he can go to the bathroom alone or use scissors) My job sucks because I keep getting passed up for a sideways promotion because I"m not bffs with the manager. I work min wage part time even though I have a bachelors degree. I come home to a whirl wind of messes, my boyfriend playing a computer game, and my child who is wet or starving because the said boyfriend can't get off his rump to do anything. I'm stressed. :o So, honestly....what is it? What is it about ME that people can't commit to doing what they agreed to days prior to do?[/quote']

So sorry people are just shitty sometimes ! Hopefully they will get back to you over the weekend ....if not maybe you can get a new pen pal for this month

<_< So I am just wondering' date=' does my breath stink or something? I signed up for this thing back in April, and had two really good penpals during the months of April and May. June I sent a box to someone who never got back to me. July person crapped out on me. And here it is going on Saturday, and I emailed my penpal and once again :blink: has not msged me. So I am REALLY wondering does my breath stink? Is my profile picture not up to your standards?

I'm having a really stressed out last couple of days. :huh: Between my family not being supportive of my surgery at ALL. Everytime I go over there they feed me crap I don't want or need but can not say no to. My boyfriend acting like he is a child, and can't do ANYTHING for himself (surprised he can go to the bathroom alone or use scissors) My job sucks because I keep getting passed up for a sideways promotion because I"m not bffs with the manager. I work min wage part time even though I have a bachelors degree. I come home to a whirl wind of messes, my boyfriend playing a computer game, and my child who is wet or starving because the said boyfriend can't get off his rump to do anything. I'm stressed. :o So, honestly....what is it? What is it about ME that people can't commit to doing what they agreed to days prior to do?[/quote']

((Hug))

It's like we keep saying if you not going to follow through just say no its not fair to send a box and not get one just don't understand people that say yes they want to do this and then don't bother this is a choice no one is making you do it so if you say yes DO IT or just say no

My first pen pal was great in fact 2 months later we are still in touch, we talked back and forth for a week or so getting to know one another and learning about one another before we sent anything out...we talked about family, our journeys what we like, personal things and life in general My 1st pen pal was heaven sent for some people they forget the concept of what a pen pal is..

.July my pen pal was hurt so we were not able to make exchanges, so that's understandable.

I reached out to my August pen pal but no response yet. This is a beautiful thing for us to do, but if people do not participate it makes no sense in being pen pals....and I'm sorry I don't want someone's address on the first email, the point is getting to know your pen pal see what each other like and make friends with someone on the other side of the world, going through the same thing you are. If people don't agree with the concept just say no to this when Tasha sends out the monthly email that simple...

So excited my August pen pal responded....I so love this pen pal it really works if people apply to it, you meet people around the world going thru the same things you are going thru so it's cool to embrace one another....

So sorry you are having such a hard time! It is so frustrating to me that people do not take it as seriously as others! Every month I send out emails and everyone knows that you have to reply yes or no to it. If you have taken the time to reply yes, you have committed to participating.

On a side note, we do have over 60 people a month that participate and do very well! Don't let those very few people get you discouraged.

If you still haven't heard from your pal by Monday night email me and let me know.

Hope you have a better week this week! ;)

Are we still doing this?

Yes...soontobehealthymom is the one who sets it up each month