Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Dates

Do not cancel! Believe me...I'm sure all of us thought of canceling once or twice. It is scary....but when you wake up from surgery and the days to follow that aren't as bad as you think it will be....you'll say..."yay, so glad its over!" We are all going to be so different (smaller) next year at this time, don't get left behind! You can do this!

Hey everyone' date='

I had surgery on Wednesday 28th november and today I am still am in the hospital. Looks like I will be getting a blood transfusion in a few hours. My recovery has been horrible, however God brought me through it so I can't help but to believe things will get better.... Will posts the events of my surgery later. Just letting everyone know, I am alive.[/quote']

My prayers are with u

Hi everyone, I happy to post that I am definitely doing better. I am still in hospital, however I am able to tolerate liquids going down. I had so many issues through all of this, that I am unsure how to feel about it all. I am just glad I can now swallow something. The next journey is staying hydrated. We must focus on this at all times.....very important as I found out. Long story short, I ended up having a hernia, in which they repaired, however it somehow became obstructed. Not being able to get anything into the stomach caused all the resulted problems. My journey is far from over, but God has my hand, leading me through it.

Hi everyone, I happy to post that I am definitely doing better. I am still in hospital, however I am able to tolerate liquids going down. I had so many issues through all of this, that I am unsure how to feel about it all. I am just glad I can now swallow something. The next journey is staying hydrated. We must focus on this at all times.....very important as I found out. Long story short, I ended up having a hernia, in which they repaired, however it somehow became obstructed. Not being able to get anything into the stomach caused all the resulted problems. My journey is far from over, but God has my hand, leading me through it.

I am wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for you. I also had some issues but not as difficult as yours. I'm leaving the hospital today after 5 nights. The hospital rabbi came by and said a prayer with me and that made me feel better through the rough period.

Wishing the best of success to you!

Hi everyone it has been awhile since I posted. I have not been feeling like doing any thing but I am feeling pretty good today. At first I was wondering why I put my self through all of this but as I item better I am thinking different. I must say that I had no surprises thanks to this group. I told my doctor about the support his only concern was if people gave out medical advice I explained that we all know where to go to get answers to question of a medical concern and that would be you the doctor. But thanks to this group I was ver prepared for what was. I had to spend the night in the ICU related to meds I was on prior to surgery. I needed to be monitor. Had the best care ever in my life. The nurse were class a. I went in weighing 250 now I am 266 guess I have lots of extra Water and gas. Talk with hospital today found out Italian ice not good. So I can only have one a day. Drinking my Protein Shake now. Does not taste to bad. I guess you get use to it. I am praying for all of us. Who ever said this was the easy way out has no ideal what they r talking about nothing easy about this. God bless and thank u to a great and awesome group.

I am wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for you. I also had some issues but not as difficult as yours. I'm leaving the hospital today after 5 nights. The hospital rabbi came by and said a prayer with me and that made me feel better through the rough period.

Wishing the best of success to you!

The prayers really help. Thanks and praying r your recovery.

I told everyone that I needed to rest and they needed to take care f family so they understood. It was great it actually hurst to talk so u don't need the extra. You will find away but it is important to do what's is best for you. You need every moment you can get to rest trust me.

Hi everyone it has been awhile since I posted. I have not been feeling like doing any thing but I am feeling pretty good today. At first I was wondering why I put my self through all of this but as I item better I am thinking different. I must say that I had no surprises thanks to this group. I told my doctor about the support his only concern was if people gave out medical advice I explained that we all know where to go to get answers to question of a medical concern and that would be you the doctor. But thanks to this group I was ver prepared for what was. I had to spend the night in the ICU related to meds I was on prior to surgery. I needed to be monitor. Had the best care ever in my life. The nurse were class a. I went in weighing 250 now I am 266 guess I have lots of extra Water and gas. Talk with hospital today found out Italian ice not good. So I can only have one a day. Drinking my Protein Shake now. Does not taste to bad. I guess you get use to it. I am praying for all of us. Who ever said this was the easy way out has no ideal what they r talking about nothing easy about this. God bless and thank u to a great and awesome group.

Hi I'm so happy to hear from you I have been thinking about you since your surgery...glad you're doing well..keep taking care of YOU :)

Has anyone heard from Simplysouthern26?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

Has anyone heard from Simplysouthern26?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

She is in my dec group and I have not heard anything from her

This surgery ant no joke resting will keep you pisted

This surgery ant no joke resting will keep you pisted

Great to hear.

No it's not easy, but you must keep your eyes on the prize. This is not the best time of year to have the surgery, but it will test your will power, and strength to resist temptation. The best formula to remember about our weight loss, is, when you're able to eat no sugar, Pasta, bread, rice, potatoes fried foods. It's frustrating, seems impossible and again it's not easy. You'll have to tap into your inner strength to get through it all, for now lots of water, and don't forget your Protein Shakes. When you see the pounds melt away, you won't turn back. So far I'm one week out of surgery and I've lost 10 pounds. I have some cravings , but that's normal. I know I'll get pass that. Because I refuse to turn back, when I'm doing so well. Good luck and I wish you well. I know you'll do we'll, and achieve your goals. Be focused and I will keep you in my prayers.