Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Barium Swallow Today

not long got back from the hospital from having the barium swallow x-rays done. its the most vial stuff ive ever had to drink it was like thick chalky glue ewwww yucky crap... anyway my RNY was in november of 2004 and ive been putting on a bit of weight over the last two years and im still not eating very much at all. the x-ray showed no problems with my pouch it hasnt stretched or grow any since my RNY was done back in 2004 . ive been approved to have RNY re-de surgery in the next few months . but i dont know how they can do a re-do surgery if my first surgery is still looking good...hmmmm..im going to see an excersize physiologist on monday and am seeing a nutritionist on the 27th. i go back to see my surgeon next month on the 18th so im wondering what he is going to do from there...

well the best news for me is that ive not done anything wrong to stretch my pouch which i sort of already knew cause i never over eat, i know when im full and i stop eating as soon as i get that full feeling cause i hate throwing up and if i over eat just a little thats what happens so im careful not to eat too much. i also get plenty of fluids in. and i walk every day .. i dont know what more i can do to get this weight started comming of again its been two years since ive lost anything at all and ive still got a long way to go ...

The barium swallow is nasty!! I had to do one prior to surgery. I hope they can figure out what's going on. Good luck!!

yeah i agree with you there tamihill it is nasty and it made me gag heaps lol. glad its over just gotta wait till next month to see the surgeon and find out whats going to happen from there...

I am assuming they have done a thyroid function test? Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

yes debbe i have had thyroid checked and had full blood tests . just waiting to see what the dr is going to do next month as im m on the list for a redo, x-rays show no changes so im not sure if there is any point in having a redo. i see the excersize physiologist on monday and a dietician/nutritionist the week after so hopefully between them we can sort out something and get this weight comming of again. ive been walking with my younger sister every day and taking my two younger kids out for a walk while they ride their scooters. maybe getting in a lot more excersize will start the loss again .. i can only keep trying ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches