Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Some Answers Headed To Er.

Im on my 5th day POp, lots of embarrassing problems, unable to get any Protein down, only maybe 8

oz of liquids, still urinating, excessive diarrhea, to the point i lost control of my bowels, pain is ok. I'm stressed

Oh no, wish I had so words of comfort for you. I'm 14 days post op and am also having diareah issues. Please let us know what happens, I'll be thinking of you...good luck. KA

hope they figure out the problem! praying for speedy recovery! :)

O no ! I'm sorry your having a hard recovery. The only advice I have is sip all you can and try to get more Protein to bind up the stool. This is hell week and you will get thru it! Pretty soon you'll be begging to poop. Lol! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm sorry your going through that. UGH! I agree maybe more Protein. What about those Protein Drinks that look like test tubes and are 42 grams each.you can get those at Walmart for like $1.98 each.

I showed the protien in the tube to the dietician at the hospital and she thought they were awesome, however with that said, i tasted one preop and they are very thick and syrupy. Not sure if I could get it down.

After 7.5 hours of sitting in the ER waiting room with not being called back, I went home. It was a mad house. I managed to drink 4oz of chicken broth when I got home. Feeling better this morning. Surgeons office said the diarrhea was unrelated to surgery and I must of gotten a stomach bug. Both surgeon & PCP referred me to ER for fluids, but apparently it wasnt serious bc I was never seen.

Gonna focus on getting down as much Protein and fluids as I can today.

I'm sorry you feel aweful :( although Protein is VERY IMPORTANT .. You are only a couple days out of surgery the only thing you NEED to get in is Water and as much protein as you can... My doctor told me to just worry about WATER ... Sip sip sip walk walk walk.... And about the diarrhea ... I was the same way ... Almost messed myself a couple times... I was told its because of several things but completly normal. Hang in there... The beginning can be very rough for some of us (my first month was AWEFUL!!!) but it's completly worth it!!

So after 24hrs of no Protein, diarrhea stopped. I was feeling better, getting more fluids down. Then I started focusing on Proteins. I got 4oz of chk broth down, did ok. Started on the 42g tube, got about 4oz. An hour later, I was running back n forth with diarrhea. Still hasn't stopped. Going to PCP just to check blood work and she wants to do some culutures maybe fluids, but in her office. Surgeons office keeps saying its "unrelated" and offer no suggestions, kinda disappointed with them.

On the pain scale I'm doing great, not needing pain meds. Doing great first part of the day, by early afternoon I'm exhausted.

I woke up today, while trying to nap, I was panicked thinking I had solid food in my mouth, it was empty. But thought it was weird, I am so worried about making a mistake diet wise.

I hope u get well soon. Maybe it was the tube u drank? Not sure how good those are for u. There are quite a few posts about those having collagen(?) Protein which our bodies are not able to process. Or maybe your stomach can't tolerate them well. How far out r u?

Sorry just saw your previous posts. Each doc is different, but I was on Clear Liquids for a month. Doc said don't worry about Protein right away. I hope u figure this out soon. Good luck and get well:)

So after 24hrs of no protein' date=' diarrhea stopped. I was feeling better, getting more fluids down. Then I started focusing on Proteins. I got 4oz of chk broth down, did ok. Started on the 42g tube, got about 4oz. An hour later, I was running back n forth with diarrhea. Still hasn't stopped. Going to PCP just to check blood work and she wants to do some culutures maybe fluids, but in her office. Surgeons office keeps saying its "unrelated" and offer no suggestions, kinda disappointed with them.

On the pain scale I'm doing great, not needing pain meds. Doing great first part of the day, by early afternoon I'm exhausted.

I woke up today, while trying to nap, I was panicked thinking I had solid food in my mouth, it was empty. But thought it was weird, I am so worried about making a mistake diet wise.[/quote']

After surgery I could not tolerate any whey Protein gave me the trots

Come to find out its lactose intolerance one I stopped Protein supplements and ate protein only when hungry my system calmed down

I wish you the best

After surgery I could not tolerate any whey Protein gave me the trots

Come to find out its lactose intolerance one I stopped Protein supplements and ate protein only when hungry my system calmed down

I wish you the best

I haven't been in to see surgeon yet, my "2 week post op" is really more than 3 weeks out. But I have a feeling that is the same case here. As long as I am not drinking whey protien supplements I am good. I am not getting anywhere near 75g of protien a day, more like 30g or so. But Im having to eat pure form. I am down over 30lbs already from my original weight. I stay tired but I'm a single mom of 3, & I was always tire before...lol.