Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

This is AWESOME! I'm a rider in AZ, with the American Legion Riders. Well, actually haven't rode in about a year after I hurt my knee. Got back on the back and just about dropped it at a stop light of all places. Knee just isn't strong enough right now. But this is great!!! A forum for the Bikers....I never really thought about how this life changing surgery would affect my riding. I've seen alot of good information and tips from everyone here and thought I'd just throw in my nickel's worth. Y'all ride safe and keep the greasy side down!

Welcome Copjock! Take care of the knee so it can allow you many more moons of riding!

Hi to everyone! I hope this finds you well. I'm getting back in the 'lap band' saddle again to get back on track. Last year had family drama and I was laid off after 23 years. But I faced my fears and went back to the Dr. last month and am moving on this year.

My good news..I start a new job on Monday! Really excited about it. My better news...I submitted a story to the Ladies of Harley Motorcylcing Memories contest for my trip to Wisconsin for the 105th last year and I won the Grand Prize!! Really cool plaque and $500 in gift certificates and I should be published in the HOG magazine soon. (If they do it like prior years but they have merged Hog Tales and the Enthusiast so I don't know for certain.) But if you're a Harley owner and you see an LOH article published about me and Elvis then you can say...I knew her when....lol.

Randy, we're coming up on the 13th for ROT. My bday is the 15th so it'll be my pre-bday celebration. Elvis and I may just have to pass out on the grounds somewhere! I'll call you when we get to town so I can hook up with you and Joy.

Hugs to all! Ride safe and be strong!

Carol

:smile:

Wow time flies when you're having fun! Where has the summer gone?

Had some band set backs when I had my EGD my esophagus was a little pissed off and my band too. Had to remove Fluid twice and let it chill for a couple of months. Good news though. Last EGD showed everything back on track so I got a fill today and hopefully another one in a couple of weeks so I can get this weight off. Tired of failing at this so on I go.

Elvis and I are doing fine. Still celebrating the LOH grand prize win for 08. According to the people I've been nagging at HOG, there should be something in the next edition. I also hit 30,000 miles with Elvis in just 19 months. That included a trip to the Grand Canyon for this year's big adventure. Also ROT in Austin, home to Dallas for my 30th High School reunion and a couple of trips to College Station.

Well I hope everyone else is out there, doing well and riding!

Peace to all and safe riding!!

Carol :)

Hello to everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on too. Maybe I'm getting back into things. I've lost 25 lbs since may of this year & I'm very proud of that. I went to little sturgis in sturgis ms, and everyone could tell that I've lost weight. Good riding to everyone and ride safe.

Congrats!! I know I've had to fight every day to keep focused. They've not all been perfect but they are getting better. Had a great riding weekend. It's cooling down some here in Texas and the fall should be full of great riding! State HOG rally starts on Thursday and I go to weigh in on Monday. It's going to be a tough weekend...lol Just have to stay focused on the long haul and exercise!!

Peace to all and safe riding!!

Carol :biggrin:

Whew..okay so I wasn't all so unhappy when the Dr's office called on the Friday of the rally to say we had to reschedule my Monday appt. Although I behaved pretty much that weekend. Went this past Monday and I lost 7lbs! Finally! Determination is paying off this time to get me going in the right direction. Now for another month. Would like to get 10 off. I'm walking on the treadmill every day and listening to the band. When it says stop eating, I stop eating.

Now on to the riding. Elvis and I have 32000 miles in 18 months. Riding over to College Station this weekend for service. Would have helped to check before to see the Aggies are playing so hotels will be pricey for Friday night. Ah well. May ride part of the way up there and then ride the rest of the way on Saturday.

Ya'll have been awfully quiet. What's going on out there? Is there a party somewhere and I'm missing it? teehee

Keep riding and be safe!

Carol :)

Hello all! new bandster as of 10-06-09 but old skool biker from waaaay back! Lost 20 lbs since band was put in 3-1/2 weeks ago, could not ride for 3 weeks due to complications during my surgery. That was as bad as the surgery itself. Looking forward to tommarow night, Holloween and my clubs havin a party! It will be my 1st visit with eveyone in the club since surgery, and lookin forward to a great time! Weather here in Phoenix is 70 degrees and made for ridin!:sad:

Welcome Pipedoc! You'll love the band. It really helps but you got to work it and it sounds like you're off to a great start. You'll be back on the bike soon too! Have fun tonight. If you're a drinker know that the alcohol sneaks up on you faster now so start slowly!!!

Riding today in an event to support our Vets. Should be a gorgeous day later. Little cool right now but that's what chaps are for.

If you're a HOG member I'm on page 58 of the new HOG magazine! Woohoo!!!

Peace to all and ride safe!!

Carol :Yawn:

Not sure I'm doing this reply correctly as I just joined this site today. Message to Skye - My son-in-law's name is Skye (legal name). He and my daughter have a Fat Boy Harley. She used to have a Sportster, but sold it. She's fine with riding on the back of his bike, but I think she sometimes regrets selling it.

:scared2:

Welcome Pipedoc! You'll love the band. It really helps but you got to work it and it sounds like you're off to a great start. You'll be back on the bike soon too! Have fun tonight. If you're a drinker know that the alcohol sneaks up on you faster now so start slowly!!!

Riding today in an event to support our Vets. Should be a gorgeous day later. Little cool right now but that's what chaps are for.

If you're a HOG member I'm on page 58 of the new HOG magazine! Woohoo!!!

Peace to all and ride safe!!

Carol :thumbup:

Well I made it through my clubs Holloween bash LOL! It was my first time back around the club since being banded a month ago and I must say everyone was very supportive. Only issue I found is that I like to eat and drink, so I had to be very cognazant of that fact. I did have a few Whiskey Sour's to test my alcohol drinkin ability and I had a few meatballs that where awesome! I allowed myself 1 bite of cake (Ifound it incredibly sweet) and stayed clear of the candy compleatly. All in all it was a great comeback! hope ya'll had a great holloween too!:frown:

Hi all!

I'm new to the site and hoping to be banded in a couple of months. I have been riding for a little over 5 years now. I mostly ride an electra glide but I can't get rid of my sporty. Just love it too much. I'm a member of the Patriot Guard Riders but haven't been able to go on many missions. Want to meet more people who ride around here but painfully shy and hoping losing some of this weight will help with that too.

I'm very much looking forward to having an easier time riding. The best part will be looking hot on the bike again though! I'm really hoping this will work for me, especially doing it during the winter. I'm hoping that will make it easier to recover because I won't be so tempted to hop on for a ride.

Keep the shiny side up!

Welcome Deb, took my oldest Daughter for a ride this past weekend and it was first time she has been riding with me since I was banded 2 months ago. She said it was actually easier on her since I am not as wide as before so she did not have to move her legs as wide and she laughed and said she can actually wrap her arms all the way around me now. Ah good times!:sad:

That's awesome pipedoc! I'm thinking it will definitely make it easier for me to put my feet flat on the ground once some weight comes off. Did you have your surgery done in Phoenix? I'm just asking because there are none in New Mexico that I can go to and Phoenix is one of the options.

There is a Toys for Tots run on the 6th. I'm hoping to get to do that run but the bike will probably be put up after that. Yes, I'm a semi-fair weather rider. The cold gets to me too much. I'll ride in the rain, just not the cold!

How's everyone doing? It's been a nippy one here in Texas but I've still been riding. One morning it was 18 degrees when I left my house. Thank God for leather!

Finally back on the band wagon as I should be. Have some goals this year I'd like to meet. I've been working out every day at the gym at work. I figured it's free so I better get in there and get going. Feeling good already. My Doc said 'eat nothing but chicken for a month and you'll lose 20 lbs'. Well I'm eating mostly chicken but man I had some steak this morning with my eggs. I mean to tell you I couldn't even drink Water until after 2:00. My band's where it needs to be that's for sure...lol That steak stuck but not in the bad way. Just satisfied me until about 4:30 when I figured I should have a couple more bites to make sure I'd have energy to work out!

Elvis and I crossed our 35k mark in less than two years at the end of January. Looking forward to a couple big trips again this year. Our annual HOG ride to Big Bend and then we're also going to go to do the Dragon's Tail. Finally!! Really psyched for that one.

Anyway hope everyone is okay!!

Peace as always!! :(

Have a great time doin the tail, that is supposed to be one of the coolest rides in the entire USA! I have been doin well here in Sunny Phoenix (supposed to rain tommarow LOL) weathers been great, mostly in the 60's. Got a run this weekend, out to the local Chilli cookoff about 50 miles from here and I am the primary road captain on this run so WE WILL BE TAKIN THE LONG ROAD HOME LOL! There is 57 miles, but home will be more like 90-95. not too bad for a in town run anyway. I have noticed that since i've lost 70lbs my MPG sure has gone up. Gotta like that free little NSV! Keep the shiney side up and ride it like ya stole it!:(