Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drinks And Shakes, What Ones Are Good?

Lean active7 mixed berry? ?? this has 7 types of Protein but the main are whey and then egg protein and some others.... anyone tried ??? I agree with several of you the smell texture and taste of the stuff makes me vomit I can't even keep them down sometimes I spit them back up but I never can do vanilla or chocolate.... my mom drinks Atkins maybe I should try 1 of those if those are acceptable I am presurgery trying to find stuff that will work for me

Lean active7 mixed berry??? this has 7 types of Protein but the main are whey and then egg Protein and some others.... anyone tried ??? I agree with several of you the smell texture and taste of the stuff makes me vomit I can't even keep them down sometimes I spit them back up but I never can do vanilla or chocolate.... my mom drinks Atkins maybe I should try 1 of those if those are acceptable I am presurgery trying to find stuff that will work for me

Atkins and muscle milk are the only ones I can tolerate. I love the atkins caramel coffee one.

New Life Started 07/24/12

it seems Atkins only has 15 grams of Protein and 160 calories.... to get 100 protein a day is it best to go with about 25g at around 100 to 120 calories.... I'm not real sure I'm pre surgery and not had classes or education on the stuff yet so just asking

I like the Adkins Dark chocolate premade shakes. Before surgery I loved everything Vanilla but now it makes me want to vomit just imagining the taste. The premade Protein drinks are way better than the powder, and they are easier to grab as I am running out the door. I lean towards Protein Bars more often though. I keep them in my purse and desk at work just in case. Mini Luna bars are my favorite.

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

Oh yeah Protein Drinks are good and have 32 grams of Protein in 14 oz. Also I have learned from this site use sugar free pudding and milk and fruit if wanted and blend together tastes similar to a milk shake. Sweet tasting things made me nauseous so I don't do it to often but wen I do there good.

Post surgery doctor recommended unjury- I got sick of that flavor. Tried Isopure some are ok but got costly. I am 4 years out so I just drink 1 shake a day to keep my Protein up. I like syntha6, tastes good and it has fast/ slow protein which helps to curb your appetite. Use google to get competitive prices for any type of protein local stores are often more expensive.

I was looking online today for Protein drinks and shakes that I will need after surgery. Was wanting some input from everyone on what they have liked best? I found these drinks called Isopure and they look pretty good but haven't heard if they are good or not. Please anyone and everyone what have you liked>?

I tried Isopure recently, it was nasty! Because it has whey Protein it leaves a coating on your tongue. GNC has a Protein Drink, thats tolerable, again it leaves a coating on your tongue, but its not as bad as the Isopure. I'd like to know what is good, for your first couple of weeks. i' ve been looking without any luck. Good luck to you Girl!

After a couple of misses I found the GNC 25 Lean today. French Vanilla very cold yummy. Ready made is on sale right now and you can try a single shake or packet before spending a ton of $. Plus for $15 you can get the GNC card and get 20% off every purchase.

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:343]

I found mixing Isopure alpine punch with Crystal Light fruit punch, grape with grape, pineapple/orange with orange sunrise. That's the only way i could get it down. I like the GNC chocolate/pb mix but i think mixing it in the blender makes it too airy (makes my belly hurt). The cans of Pure Protein are pretty good, 35grams of protein per can.

I am going to try Pure Protein from Walmart. It has great ratings and a nice amount of protein. I also got the Protein Shots call body fortress. I also got some pre made muscle milk. I am hoping one of this i can handle

I like Unjury best so far. I tried Chike but they are a strange texture to me (they do have more Protein, probably why). I was going to try the nectar ones but found them on my nut's "unacceptable" list. She says that they have b. s. albumin in the ingredients, which is cows blood protein. She has me paranoid now!

So I have been experimenting with some Protein Shake recipes. Bless the hubby who let me use him to as a taste tester. Take 2 scoops of powder & mix up standard shake or do what I do and use a premade shake. Add 1 cup ice. Add 1 tsp sugar free pudding or Jello to flavor. Add a drop of either butter extract or vanilla extract. Blend...so yummy we did Choclate strawberry (w/butter), and Chocoholic with Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and vanilla extract both 4-4 1/2 stars out of 5 per the hubby :)Will post other combos we liked later.