Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh man, do I ever! I go several times a day and if I happen to toot, it'll run me out of the house. My surgery was May 1. I keep hoping it'll go back to normal. I also am always sore across my lower abdomen. Does anyone else have this?

Absolutely, obnoxiously stinky!!! And I have learned that since surgery I cannot gamble with a fart...., Today I sharted, now I know that is TMI but I just wanna let you know not to take that gamble ! ; )

I've had the same issue, barebones. I'm not a spring chicken, I'm 58 years old, but I didn't want to have control issues at this age.

Oh yes, and carry extra clothes as well !! I think you are a spring chicken since I'm in my 50's as well !!!

I have to say that i sometimes wish for your issues. I have the opposite lots of gas and tummy noises but very little activity. Can go for 3 days feeling bloated and full and no movement until using enema or suppository. Have tried multiple forms of Fiber, teas that promise relief and stool softeners + suppositories, enemas etc. now eating a cup of raw vegetables daily with limited results. Called doctor's office but still no real answers that last. I drink plenty of Water and workout for an hour 5-6 days a week so I have no idea what the problem is?????

Absolutely' date=' obnoxiously stinky!!! And I have learned that since surgery I cannot gamble with a fart...., Today I sharted, now I know that is TMI but I just wanna let you know not to take that gamble ! ; )[/quote']

Happened to me when I was at a friends house after just leaving the hospital. I thought I just tooted but when I got up to leave I butt was wet and so was her chair :/ mortified. !!

I'm having the same issues but, thought that maybe I was becoming lactose intolerant. So today I tried Soy instead and still have the same issue. What I'm wondering is .....does anyone else have light cramping in the lower ab region...almost like your period is coming but, it's your intestines? I thought it was the antibiotics I was on but I've been off those for about 1.5 weeks now I beleive. I'm just about afraid to leave my house because I'm afraid I won't reach a bathroom in time. Just yesterday I even brought extra clothes with me just in case :(

Absolutely' date=' obnoxiously stinky!!! And I have learned that since surgery I cannot gamble with a fart...., Today I sharted, now I know that is TMI but I just wanna let you know not to take that gamble ! ; )[/quote']

Lol too funny. Made my day!

I have the same problems but I know one of the issues is sugar free sweetener. If I have too much, look out. I will be in the bathroom all day. It makes me crampy and gassy too. The sugar alchols so that might be something to watch for those with crampiness.

And yeah, the poop is stinky. Probably from all the supplements/vitamins/minerals - I would assume that since we malabsorb, they are coming out there.

Lot of magnesium is helpful to get things moving in the bowels. I take 600mg/day and that keeps me moving really good. Sometimes you have to ease up if it is too much and find the right amount. Milk of Magnesia, magnesium tabs, Miralax. Those work for me.

I am totally F@&ing lactose intolarant :( and super sad. Because I was part rat before and now no more dairy. Not even cheese. :..(

I'm lactose since surgery as well but you should be able to tolerate some of the cheeses that are more aged. Such as Swiss...at least that's what Dr. told me. I can tolerate yogurt as well.,.certain kind though

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

I had my surgery 28 years ago this Dec 12 and yes the poop smells terrible. I have been lactose intolerant since surgery but i can eat a little fat free cottage cheese and sharp cheddar but no milk. I also had osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease which my doctor feels was made worse by the gastric bypass because of nutrition deficit. I have kept off 430 pounds. I constantly deal with low energy and have since surgery. Believe it or not I had more energy at 640 pounds than I do now of course I was 21. I know that would not have lasted and I would have eventually ended up like those people on tv. I would caution anyone who thinks this surgery is a quick fix to rethink it because its not. I usually eat very lite when going on a trip so less chance of having an accident before i find a bathroom. Also eating less meat seems to help some. Good luck ladies im right their in the same boat with smelly poop.