Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey peeps!! Just found this site and phone app! I am set to have my surgery on 7/24/2012. Currently 6'1 and weigh 320. I started my pre-op diet on 7/17/2012 and at that time I was 333lbs. I'm super nervous, I have all my Vitamins and Protein Powder but I still feel ill-prepared. During this liquid diet I have been so tempted to eat something. My favorite things to watch on tv is always on the food network and I been watching it constantly just thinking about the foods I will not be able to have anymore. It's been depressing me

A lot. I'm scared of something happening during the surgery, I have two little girls and the last thing I want to do is leave them without a father. Will I be able to have popcorn down the road? pizza? Chinese food? chicken Tika Misala? Arghhhh!!!!!

Welcome! It sounds like many of us myself included kind of stumbled on this app and site. Everyone here is very supportive and open!

I am only 10 days out so can relate to that anxiety about the surgery and anesthesia. I assume you had some preop labs X-ray or EKG? This should help reassure you that you are safe for surgery.

I'm still having cravings although I know many don't at this point so we are all different. You will be able to eat your favorites in the future. After you get to a certain point you can have foods like Chinese but more like beef and broccoli or garlic shrimp but not noodles and rice bc of carbs. I know ppl who are a year or so out and will have half a slice of pizza. Sooner than that you can have a homemade low carb pizza.

As you go along keep in touch with your nutritionist. They are a great source of knowledge and motivation as well.

Welcome!! Good luck and hang in there. I am 10 days post op and it's hard for me at times because everything on TV is food! I have not been hungry at all since the surgery but at times I miss food especially when people are eating around me. I have no regrets and would do it over again without hesitation!!! It will get better. Again, hang in there and best of luck! :)

Thanks for the encouragement!!! If there is one thing that is consistent here it is no one regrets the decision to move forward with the surgery!

So I just had my surgery yesterday... The pain right when I woke up was the GAS!! I mean it was horrible pain! No pain from my cuts or anything. Just the gas. The hosp gave me Gas-X strips to try to help relieve the pain but walking and walking is what gets rid of it. I'm back home now, I have this On-Q pump still inserted in me, can't wait to get that out. Looks like I do it myself. With exception to the horrible gas pain, it has so far been a good experience.

Im a newbie too!! Im set to have surgery on 9/12. It seems far away, but i know it will go quickly. I wanted to wait until my kids were back in school. Im scared too! Not as much about the pain, but i worry about failing or not doing something right. I want to educate myself better and buy everything ahead of time. Can anyone recommend any good books? Also recommendations fo shakes for preop and postop?

Hello all,I've been on this site for several months now.just decided to join in on the conversation now that I have a surgery date of 20 aug. I wt 238 I'm 5'6 have sleep apnea ,high blood pressure,high cholesterol ,back ,knee& aching feet.

I'm looking forward to getting to the post op side. Taking in all the info I'm getting on this site.

I also have tri care prime & my surgeon is Dr. Lord in Pensacola

Welcome to you both. Before my surgery I read weight loss surgery for dummies. It helped fill in some of the questions I had.

Welcome to you both. Before my surgery I read weight loss surgery for dummies. It helped fill in some of the questions I had.

I also have weight lose surgery for dummies very informative ?

I felt like it helped me but everyone is different

Anyone who already had their surgery have problems passing gas?

WOW!!! I just started passing gas and my stomach is feeling a lot better!! Sorry to be so graphic but it's true!!

WOW!!! I just started passing gas and my stomach is feeling a lot better!! Sorry to be so graphic but it's true!!

Good to hear you are feeling better! I always say better out than in ;)

Oh gosh I just read your other post. I'm glad they found the bleeding!! God is blessing you in every thing you go through :) Find your silver lining ;)

Welcome to the group and we are all here with you. After surgery everyone view food differently. Me I don't care about food anymore. I can go days with out eating. Others can eat a lot. Others can't stand the smell of food. It all depends. When I'm hungry 4 spoons is all Ican eat and I'm 2 months and almost 2 weeks post up.