Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 1/2 Months Post Op And Pregnant

Also, you can do it. Remember your baby will take all the nutrients from you they need. Stay hydrated is a major concern, then Vitamins, then food. I have been unable to take Vitamins but babies are still healthy and growing. I also eat every 2 hours to get in calories but I havent gained any weight although the babies are 2pounds each :)

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thank you for responding. I've been dilated twice and doc was possibly going to do another one next week but cannot now. I can hardly eat. He says overtime, if I'm careful it should heal. He said right now focus on fluids, Proteins, I have to increase fat intake and carbs. Since its so hard for me to eat he recommends a higher calorie Protein shake for now. I'm so worried that this baby will be mal nourished. He also says I have to figure out a way not to lose more than 20 lbs during this pregnancy. Idk how ill do that if I have no desire to eat. Currently, I regret this surgery. I pray it gets better. I meet with my obgyn tomorrow. I need to find out her knowledge with this and of she's high risk. I also live in ny, where about are you?

converted from Lap-Band to RNY 10/2/12

I lived in Long Island, until a few months ago. Now, I live in Florida. Why wont they redilate you? Doing so while pregnant is not dangerous.

He says going under a sedative is so early on. I suspect I'm only 5 weeks. When were you dilated?

I was dilated about the same time. I was informed the earlier the better. So about 6 weeks. Can you eat slider foods without vomiting? Mashed potatoes, Jello, etc? Or you vomit everything you eat?

Hi, my obgyn and surgeon recommend to wait. My surgeon says its a high risk pregnancy. Obgyn said no , which I don't care for. I'm going to find another one. I maybe can eat 3 bites of something if I'm lucky. Of course, Italian ice goes down. I'm trying to drink ensure now. I feel horrible, no energy. I had a bag of IV Fluid last night. I told my surgeon I'm never hungry, he says that's a good thing. I don't know if I should seek out a new one.

Oh, as long as those few bites stay down you are okay! I thought you could not tolerate any solids. I was the same way, even after I was dilated. 3-4 bites and I was done. As time goes on, being pregnant your body will let you eat more. I left my surgeon after he tried to redilate my pouch to a regular persons sized stomach. I see my regular ob and a high risk ob. After the first trimester of loosing alot of weight, nausea, and vomiting. I feel so much better. I sent you a private message with my contact info if you have any questions! What part of NY are you in?

At 12 I made a shake with ensure and 1/2 banana, I'm still drinking it and its now almost 2 I only drank half. How does fetus survive if I'm getting no nutrient? I'm also tired all the time.

The fetus uses all your stored Vitamins, not necessarily what you eat. I slept the first 12 weeks. Around week 15, I started getting some energy. Are you still able to take Vitamins?

I just read your original post and wanted to offer my congrats and hope you and your babies are doing well!

Thanks! We are doing well!

Hello hamdan. Good to see you around. How's your pregnancy? How far now? Any moment yet? So glad you are pulling threw & hopefully can drop the pounds as soon as the babies are born. What does your spouse think about all this?

I am 31 weeks now, and am pulling through.

What does my spouse think of what? Twins? RNY?

Congratulations!!! God is faithful you and the twins will be fine. I will keep you in my prayers.