Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:clap2: My goal is more like 2.5 to 3 a week. I have a plan for the first 4 weeks. I am looking at that liquid diet and staying on point with my walking. I have done 45 to 1 hour in the past each day on the treadmill. I am not going to do heavy weights for at least 4 months. My plan is to get my cardio bumped up to that 1 hour. Once I can get back to that hour....I can burn that additional 500 calories per day. Yes I will be tired, but I am crushing my vitamn B and green tea extract into my morning yogurt. Water is an important deal as I know--plus that protien drink.....This friday--I am stocking up on more protien mixes....The workout plan is not bad one...the getting up and going will be great...My gym is less than 2 miles away...

I am expecting 2.5 to 3 pounds a week...I lose fast....I was in the hospital before on a slow sodium diet.....Oh Lord--I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks:faint:

Lee, You are that determined u will succeed. What's the deal with your surgery date? One more month still? Bummer, it's coming up tho. Let us know when you get the date confirmed. Kelley

:faint: I have no idea about that date. I even talked to the program director--a Nurse Practioner. I said--"would it be possible to have my surgery by Feb-16th to the end of month? She indicated that it may not happen. So I had to take a guesstimate on March. The Dietician agreed with the March time frame. I do know there is a waiting list. I was my nutrition class with 12 people who is having the surgery. I think the expensive "Bypass" will go first. The class was structured to them mainly. Only 3 of us in the class was banding. I may have to call them today. But, one issue is--they want me to have the nutritician classes. I have one more to go. The only one available is Feb 8th. Who knows what will happen. But all of this waiting--I should not complain. I should have called them in the middle of December--instead of the 20th. Many of the staff got some nice holiday time. Especially the surgeon. With Gods help and me making the phone calls today--something will move.......:clap2:

Never more than the 23rd did the saying 'today is the first day of the rest of your life' mean more to me. I was banded in San Antonio by Dr. Carcamo. Everyone was great at the Nix and the day went smoothly. I've had very little pain at all. Now that i'm a full three days out the pressure has subsided and just the incisions are bugging me some. I'm on Clear Liquids for a week and then the slider stuff starts. It's fascinating reading the different posts and seeing how others have different instructions for the phases. I am looking forward to the change in my life! I thought last year was a big one when I got my Harley. This year's addition (my band) will only help to make that lifestyle more fun. :clap2: Thanks to everyone who shares on these sites. The more I read the better informed I become and it helps to keep me focused on my own success.

You got the rite attitude, now you go for it, and watch the weight come off. Shirley...

Hi Carol, I was banded on 1/24 I think I can just now say I feel like I am going to make it. I was left with no energy after the surgery (which took 4 hours) and I felt like I had been ran over by a onvey of mack trucks. what are you eating in a day? I feel like I am not getting very many calories. Good Luck.

Well today I had 1 egg and ai trying the baby food again(Apples and Ham). I put it in the microwave for 25 seconds. I figure I can eat apples and ham and a few others with a little bit of sweetness. I tried the rest--uhhhhhhhh...nasty, But hey--there is yogurt and othr items which is soft and will bring down the weight. Also it'll follow the guidlines of the banding weeks in the beginning. I am hoping to use the liquid Meal Replacements I brought. I know that my hunger will be less and i am going to "LOVE" that.

Lauriann, I just started adding food back in yesterday. Never thought I'd be so excited to eat Malt-O-Meal...lol I'm just eating what my Doctor calls the full liquid diet for a week. Yogurt, Mash potatoes, cream Soups, fat free puddings. I know I'm not getting many calories. Their main concern is Protein. I'm supposed to use two scoops per day and I'm having some issues figuring out how to get it all in. I've added one scoop to smoothies and I drink that throughout the day. I guess I'll try adding both tomorrow and see. I've also been adding dry non fat milk to things before I eat them and that helps with the protein. I have my nutritionist appt next Tuesday so I know I'll have a lot of questions for her. Make sure you're taking your Vitamins. I'm also taking a chewable Calcium supplement each day too. I know I'm a little lack luster as far as energy goes but I'm sure it will come back as we add calories. Good luck and keep going!!

I just realized I didn't post my one week post op results. Things are going well. Pain is only where the port is under the skin. My Doctor said that would be the one that takes the longest. I was down 12 pounds but hey, a clear liquid diet will do that to you . I know that now as I add food back the true test begins. I'm looking forward to the success. I updated my ticker but I guess I'll need to add a 'current' to the stats now too. I'm down 29 since my highest weight back in October. I broke the 300 mark and that I am thrilled about.

Lee: Just a warning... please don't set yourself up for failure.... average is 2-3 pounds a week... NOT GUARANTEED... everyone is different, and YOU WILL hit plateaus. Your comment to Bandiva was a little uncalled for, and I'm glad you apologized.. The written word sometimes comes off in the wrong context, we are ALL on a journey.. and a hard one. Like Ambrosia, it I averaged .5 a week...... well that IS a loss and a SUCCESS... and the REAL victory for all of us will be maintaining the loss.

Now back to the thread subject.......... :rose:

Carol.. you will be able to ride fine and riding trips will be all the better! After 5 weeks you will be healed. I have a girl friend who had the bypass in June and then rode to sturgis in August (from Kansas) She is a riding fool, lives and breathes Motorcycle Rights....... She's already IM'ng me saying GIRLS TRIP! GIRLS TRIP! LOL ... so anyway... the bypass is much more invasive so YOU WILL BE FINE FOR SPRING!

Packing Protein in your saddlebags, drinking your Water at gas stops, when on long road trips I always turn my tbag around and use it as a backrest, I ALWAY take my own pillow and I usually bungee it to the front of the Tbag so that I can rest my back on it... moving it where support is needed after a long day in the saddle...... Also, I have forward controls so my legs are stretched out.. get used to different leg positions... I often use my passenger pegs to put my legs on for a different stretch and standing up at stop lights helps stretch out the old booty..... man all this bike talk is making me wish is was warmer outside! Oh and my bike is a 2000 FXST Softail Standard.....

Sunblock on your nose and ears are MANDATORY! Chapstick for your lips... and keep yer mouth shut especially when the bugs are out! LOL

BANDED BIKERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. RANDY.... did you do the entire Run for the WALL? That IS quite a ride... our local ABATE always does the lunchstop on I-70 in Kansas City.

Tracy, when I rode with RFTW, I hooked up with them in Terrell, TX. We were on the Southern Route. The one that comes thru Kansas is probably the Central Route. We went thru Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia and D.C. Some of the friends I made on the run went out to Ontario, CA last year and went coast to coast, a total of about 20 days. Should you ever get the hankerin', it is a worthwhile trip. And the 500,000 motorcycles sitting in the Pentagon parking lot is kind of impressisive, too.

Well....I am not here to argue nor make anyone feel badly. I recall myself being placed on a diet while hospitalized. I recall how I loss weight without getting out of bed. I also went on a diet of my own--I recall how much I lost. My entire issue is having to maintain that. With this tool --the Lap band--I will have it in place to help me maintain this constant loss. .5 a week. That is possible too. I have set myself up for a winning situation. I have gotten my foods, my protien mixes, the meal substitutes. I am now doing them 3 times daily with the food I eat,. I have noticed a difference in where I am and how I feel. I took it to heart about what has to be done. In the weight loss business--it is hard to judge what a Person will achieve a week or a month. Trust me--my weight will come off without much of a problem. The Plateau issue--I already know about that--since I went through that 18 months ago. But with Gods help, my Dr, the Dietician and my following instructions--I will not fail. I am not going to fail. I have a motivating factor that pushes me hard--Being a Single Parent.....

Carol...congrats! You are on the right track to changing your life in a very positive way! It is true what they say...if you don't have your health. Way to go. Proud of you!

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I just wanted to say "HI" I am going to get my band March 26th with Dr. Ortiz. How were the people there? I am excited, nervous, scared and thrilled all at the same time...You are sooo close to reaching your goal...ticker to read less then 100lbs to go,,,Great job! Take care, and keep up the good work, Cyndy in Oregon:clap2:

HI Cyndy, Welcome to bandland. Whereabouts in Oregon do you live? I used to go to Portland every year for the Rose Fest. It's been a few years since I've been there. It's a beautiful area.

Are you going to Mexico for the surgery? I've been banded since Nov 06. The surgery is not too tough at all.Keep us posted, lots of info here. You can learn alot by just scrolling the threads. Bye 4 now, Kelley

Hi:phanvan My name is Cyndy. I live in Oregon, and I'm getting "banded" March 26th. I am married to a very supportive husband and have two beautiful children, 2 and 9. We breed Labrador Retrievers. We have 4. We just moved to the country last summer and we love it in our new small town. I was always thin until I divorced my first husband 20 years ago. I started gaining weight and did the yo-yo dieting thing. I virtually starved myself off and on for the first few years. I spent thousands of dollars trying to lose weight, only to gain it all and more back, feeling worse and worse about myself every time. I have never had very much self esteem or confidence, even when I was thin. I never saw myself as attractive. Now I look back and think,,,"What the heck girl, you were a hottie and didn't know it!" Maybe if I had a little more self esteem I would have cared to keep the weight off when it first started, a healthy way. Well I just turned 40 last month and I'm 105lbs overweight. I never thought I'd see the day. My biggest fear has always been that I'd wake up one day and say, "I just don't care anymore". I'm overweight and that's the way I'll always be. Who cares anyway?"

I'm sure that day would have ever come, but something inside me just said do it now or you may never have the chance. I am so excited to get started on this new way of life. I WANT ME BACK!!