Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Tammy I just wanted to let you know that the Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes have less calories than muscle milk. My Dr. told me to stay away from Protein Shakes with so much calories Bariatric Advantage has 160 cal. Vs the 310 cal. Per 2 scoops so beware of certain Protein shakes Goodluck!!

Hi Alisa, thanks! But the local gmc here has nothing sugar free nor do they have any specific whey protein isolate..

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Well that sucks! :( But you can go to their website for next time ( bariatic advantage .com) becuase my Dr. told me not to consume no more than 800-900 cal. per day and eat Protein as first choice. I know you will do just fine though!

Although I have also been told push the Protein....in the UK they don't do the Protein shakes and there are people right here on this site from the UK losing tons of weight. I'm definitely an advocate in following your surgeons advice because as we've said each group is different. For instance maybe your small intestine has been bypassed more distally than others. Or maybe your opening is larger than others. May you have the Fobi ring at the bottom of your pouch. In essence what I'm saying is don't compare yourself to everyone else and first follow your surgeons advice. That way if something goes wrong you know you followed your surgeons rules. As previously stated the bypass patients in the UK don't do protein but are equally as successful as patients that do....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Thanks Panda, what you said makes a lot of sense.

Yeah comparing yourself to everyone else will make you absolutely stressed. Plus where you live I'm sure culturally your diet is different than ours here stateside. (USA) Relax and you will do great. Possibly ask your DR. for some literature.

Yeah comparing yourself to everyone else will make you absolutely stressed. Plus where you live I'm sure culturally your diet is different than ours here stateside. (USA) Relax and you will do great. Possibly ask your DR. for some literature.

You are absolutely right, I've lost inches like no ones business following him till date and I've lost 25 lbs already. I'm not eating any supplements. Just daily diet of 5 meals a day. I hope things stay this way.

Congrats! Great job!

Congrats! Great job!

Thanks!! How are you holding up?

Things are well: ). Ten weeks post op and -47 lbs! I exercise daily and the most complications that i have had is not having a bowel movement everyday. Which is common but I hate it! Lol!

Things are well: ). Ten weeks post op and -47 lbs! I exercise daily and the most complications that i have had is not having a bowel movement everyday. Which is common but I hate it! Lol!

I feel your pain, I'm used to everyday BMs and now it's like once in two days and weird gas! I hate it, plus I've hit a stall :(

When I hit a stall I switch up my exercise routine. My daughter calls it muscle confusion.

Tammy - what about reading one of the many gastric bypass books out there. One that i found helpful and was recommended to me by my bariatric group was Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. I found a lot of information in it along with recipes and great tips. :)

Tammy and Panda you look great!! Keep up the good work and your body will respond sometimes it just needs to reprogram I think lol cuz I hit many stalls and I'm currently in a stall and it sucks big time but I just keep doing the exercise and see what happens

I'm in the UK and my doctor said 3 weeks liquid anything that go's down the straw,3 weeks puréed and 3 weeks soft and so on. After the first week I was to start Protein Shakes and they are suppose to be the ones with no sugar or limited amount of sugar. While in soft stage I was to start taking all those lovely Vitamins. I don't like the Protein shakes so I don't drink them religiously but I do take my vitamins my skin, hair and nails weren't looking to great. I had to cut hair into different style due to Hair loss so I take a Vitamin for it. Oh and doc told me no whites that's Pasta, rice,bread and sugar. It is crazy how many different things we are told, just do what's right for you.

I was told no bread Pasta and nothing with 15grams of sugar or more per serving and everything must be low fat as fr as milk goes skim or 1% they said bread swells and can stretch pouch or can cause a blockage